Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by carolinakid »

I would definitely purchase 4K versions of all the Walt era animated films but especially of Snow White, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty, my 4 all time favorites.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

This really came out of the blue! What a great surprise. Hopefully the first of many (or at least one every financial quarter).
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

This is such great HUGE news! :D Cinderella is one of my all-time favorite Disney classics and I really hope Disney has made a brand new restoration that is more faithfull to the original transfer. Hopefully, this also means that Disney will get back into the 4K game and release more of their classics on the 4K format! :D

One question though, how come this news didn't get it's own thread? I know this is a Cinderella discussion thread, but I really think it deserves its own thread. :)
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

A Disney Movie Club representative told me on Facebook that Cinderella with the lithograph is exclusive to the Movie Club, but it will also have a wide release, like the Mickey & Minnie collection . However, there was no mention of a release date yet. Does anyone know?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 am A Disney Movie Club representative told me on Facebook that Cinderella with the lithograph is exclusive to the Movie Club, but it will also have a wide release, like the Mickey & Minnie collection . However, there was no mention of a release date yet. Does anyone know?
Usually a month later, It's good to hear that. Thank you :)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

VanessaFan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:38 am One question though, how come this news didn't get it's own thread? I know this is a Cinderella discussion thread, but I really think it deserves its own thread.
Sorry I didn't answer this before. I usually tend to use threads that already exist if I see that what I want to post about already has a fitting thread. It's not that I don't think it's not special enough.
I think WFRR and Mulan were posted in their respective threads while the Renaissance films were posted in the thread for the Signature Collection, but with Cinderella it seems that Disney is done with the collection.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I am in love with the cover and think the design is super clever, too, Vlad! And thank you for finding out this will have a wide release!

I wish this had its own thread, but it is fine here.

UmbrellaFish, where have you been? I REALLY missed you! The remake of The Little Mermaid is coming out soon and I MUST hear what you think of all the trailers and eventually the actual film!
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

Farerb wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:32 pm
Sorry I didn't answer this before. I usually tend to use threads that already exist if I see that what I want to post about already has a fitting thread. It's not that I don't think it's not special enough.
I think WFRR and Mulan were posted in their respective threads while the Renaissance films were posted in the thread for the Signature Collection, but with Cinderella it seems that Disney is done with the collection.
Not a problem and I understand. :)

I'm really excited for this release, I really hope this means that Disney will release more of their animated classics on 4K Disc/4K Quality. :D
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm so excited this is getting a wide release! I would love if this sort of kicks off a 100 Years of Wonder collection of some kind. I noticed while surfing Best Buy's app for steelbooks that they plan on releasing a few movies, repackaged in platinum steelbooks for the anniversary. I hope the buck doesn't stop here.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Disney Duster wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:02 pm UmbrellaFish, where have you been? I REALLY missed you! The remake of The Little Mermaid is coming out soon and I MUST hear what you think of all the trailers and eventually the actual film!
Hi Duster! I’m well, just been busy with life stuff. The Little Mermaid comes out the day before my birthday so I’m very excited. I’ll be sure to post my thoughts when I see it!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Cinderella 4K available from Disney Movie Club on 3/28/23.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Waiting for it to show up on Amazon as well.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Movie Club wrote: Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
°Tangled Ever After Animated Short
°Never-Before-Seen Alternate Opening Sequence
°Gag Reel & Deleted Scenes
°Personalized Digital Storybook: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-You — A Disney Second Screen Experience
°Behind The Magic: A New Disney Princess Fantasyland
°The Real Fairy Godmother
(Bonus Varies By Format)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Interesting. I thought they'd use the Signature Collection's disc, but it seems that they will use the Diamond Edition's disc.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:16 pmHi Duster! I’m well, just been busy with life stuff. The Little Mermaid comes out the day before my birthday so I’m very excited. I’ll be sure to post my thoughts when I see it!
Oh, ok, so you're busy, but I'm glad you are well. So cool the film comes out just before your birthday! Happy birtthday indeed, huh?
blackcauldron85 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 am
Disney Movie Club wrote: Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
°Tangled Ever After Animated Short
°Never-Before-Seen Alternate Opening Sequence
°Gag Reel & Deleted Scenes
°Personalized Digital Storybook: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-You — A Disney Second Screen Experience
°Behind The Magic: A New Disney Princess Fantasyland
°The Real Fairy Godmother
(Bonus Varies By Format)
Huh. That is like the Diamond disc but there was no gag reel and deleted scenes on that one. Also, there's no "In Walt's Words" as a bonus feature like the Signature got, really?!!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I hope they will include the "In Walt's Words" feature, because that one is so cool. I enjoy watching the movie like that.

Also, I found these lovely clips on YouTube. First, it's a version of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" sung by Ilene Woods. It's very different from the one in the movie, but it's lovely nonetheless. She had such a calm, soothing and beautiful voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRimVZo7ie8

And a version of "Sing, Sweet Nightingale" taken from the soundtrack. It has no sound effects, unlike the current soundtrack version. Also, the harmonies are done differently, if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Ojz_3f3S8
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

"A Dream is a Wish" didn't work for me, but the "Nightingale" one did, and it's so lovely to hear Cinderella's calm, soothing voice sing that song, and yes, I do think the harmonies are different! Cinderella has one of my favorite voices to ever hear. I don't even think she's the best singer, I just like her natural voice. I like watching the film with "In Walt's Words" as well and it would be a shame if the new discs don't have it, even though if I want, I can always watch my Signature(s), lol.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Adriana Caselotti
Ilene Woods
and
Mary Costa
are my favorite Disney voices.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:56 pm "A Dream is a Wish" didn't work for me, but the "Nightingale" one did, and it's so lovely to hear Cinderella's calm, soothing voice sing that song, and yes, I do think the harmonies are different! Cinderella has one of my favorite voices to ever hear. I don't even think she's the best singer, I just like her natural voice. I like watching the film with "In Walt's Words" as well and it would be a shame if the new discs don't have it, even though if I want, I can always watch my Signature(s), lol.
Oh, I feel the same way. I like her natural voice too. It's just so warm and peaceful.

About the movie, yes, definitely, if the new disc doesn't have the "In Walt's Words" feature, I can always watch it on my Signature disc. I still have the Diamond Edition as well.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Glad we feel so similarly on her voice! :)