Post by carolinakid »

Currently there are 4 daytime soap operas being produced in the USA:

The Young and the Restless
The Bold and the Beautiful
They both air on CBS.

General Hospital
It airs on ABC.

Days of Our Lives
It aired on NBC from November 1965 to September 2022. Since September it has been streaming on Peacock.

I watch them all except The Bold and the Beautiful and have for years.

Just curious if there are any soap fans among you Disney Superfans and which ones you follow.

If you used to keep up with any past soaps please feel free to identify them.

At different points in my life, I was an avid fan of Dark Shadows, Search for Tomorrow, One Life to Live, As the World Turns, The Doctors and Passions.

Thanks for sharing your love for daytime drama!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Do Any Of You Watch Soaps?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I used to watch As the World Turns all the time before it got cancelled, mostly for Luke and Noah, then Noah and Reid. I watched Passions a little back when, too, although I can't recall how that happened. I think because it had some odd storylines like a witch with a doll that talked. :lol:

I picked up Days of Our Lives later because of Sonny and Will. Then I fell out with it when they had to re-cast Will, only to get back into it when the original actor for Will returned (unfortunately Sonny's original actor had left by that time, I believe? lol ). Part of what got me into DVRing it every day was Jackee Harry being on there, too, always been a fan of hers (and then later the actress who played Florence on The Jeffersons and the main character of 227 came on to play Jackee's character's mother). That, and they had some weird storyline--which was apparently a revival of an old storyline from the '90s or something--with one of the characters getting possessed by the devil or a demon or something like that. It was so WTF for a soap opera, but kind of fun.

I was still watching Days of Our Lives until NBC made it streaming only. :/ No more soaps in the future, I guess.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Do Any Of You Watch Soaps?

Post by carolinakid »

Thanks, Divinty!
I was a huge Luke and Reid fan. That they killed him off in the final weeks of the show thus denying Luke a happy ending was an abomination.

Will and Sonny just left town, leaving Leo the only gay male left in Salem but he’s a hoot. Days has the hottest guys on daytime!

I adored Passions and never missed an episode during its NBC run (1999-2007).
I didn’t catch the final year on DirectTV.

Thanks for responding!