Scrapped Disney stuff that should get revived

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DEEcat98

Scrapped Disney stuff that should get revived

Post by DEEcat98 »

Which scrapped stuff by Disney would you like to see get revived in the future?

Here are some of my choices.

My Peoples/A Few Good Ghosts
King of The Elves
Gigantic
Newt
The Aristocats tv series (but this time with a different premise while still focusing on the kittens)
The Oswald Lucky Rabbit Disney+ show
The animated Haunted Mansion series
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Scrapped Disney stuff that should get revived

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Things at Disney that come to mind that I wish had come about (not simply WDAS-related). Most of these don't stand any chance at all of reviving though.

- Mort ~ Sounded sort of interesting. I think there would only be a chance I'd have liked it because M&C were the ones making it.
- Mulan Broadway show ~ That horrible remake did it in, they were thinking of making one at the time, but then the remake flopped. It's a shame they made a supposed "remake" that was nothing like Disney's Mulan and yet Disney's Mulan is the one that took the bullet for its failure to give the audience what they wanted (a remake) rather than, you know, blame the people they hired for the remake who decided to play a game of bait-and-switch with audiences and got the reaction they deserved for their dumb decisionmaking.
- Treasure Planet's sequel and TV series ~ I wish these had been too far along to cancel despite TP flopping, just because I'd like there to be more of Disney's Jim Hawkins in the universe. :(
- Kingdom in the Sun ~ The Emperor's New Groove is ultimately so different from the original concept, they could easily revive it.
- The Varian spin off of the Tangled Series that was briefly shopped around.
- Fantasia Part 3--as well as the planned short for Fantasia 2000 that revolved around the princesses/villains/mishmash of WDAS characters. Unfortunately, if it was made today, it would be 3D and include PIXAR characters most likely, so maybe not. *sigh*
- On that point, I suppose I should include hand-drawn animation in this list, lol.

I wasn't crazy about Gigantic from everything we saw of it, but I wish it had released just to have the Lopezes on something other than simply Frozen. Not that I don't love the stuff they did for the Broadway show and the sequel. I'm looking forward to 3 for sure. But it would be interesting to hear them interact with a new story, new voices, etc. Maybe they could bring some more strong talent on the scene.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"