Disney 100 Years of Wonder

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MaQu

Re: Disney 100 Years of Wonder

Post by MaQu »

The mural is lovely. I love the picture of Mirabel they used, haven't seen that clip-art before.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Prince Charming's castle on the mural is backwards, but I like that they gave Cinderella her due. Maleficent looks like she hates Cinderella for some reason lol.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

‘Disney100: The Exhibition – Making the Magic’ Special to Mark 100 Years of Beloved Characters and Timeless Stories
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... s-stories/

https://youtu.be/m-m1dzfcDrk
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Hey everyone. I just wanted to tell you that I`ve recently been at the 100th Exhibition in Munich. And I`ve got to tell you that it was truly amazing. It was surreal. I had to pinch myself when I`ve entered the place and I even had to shed a tear. My favorite parts were the animation at the entrance, the maquettes, the videos of Ariel and Olaf, the part with the soundtracks and magazines and the statue of Goofy. The only downgrade was that the official book that was sold was only in German :P But hey, that`s a nitpick :P Overall, I`m glad that I went and I would highly recommend it for every Disney buff.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I went to the Disney 100 exhibit in Philly. It was wonderful. The a.i. of Walt felt creepy in the "a dead guy is talking to me" way, but it was actually really cool and worked.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney at 100: How Relentless Innovation Created the First Modern Media Company, From ‘Snow White’ to Disneyland to Pixar
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/disn ... 235751567/

Disney Archive Director Becky Cline Details New London Exhibition, How to Handle 100-Year-Old Storyboards
https://variety.com/2023/biz/global/dis ... 235770659/

Here’s How a Four-Page Contract Started The Walt Disney Company
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... -contract/

How ‘Steamboat Willie’ Debuted Mickey Mouse’s ‘Everyman’ Popularity 95 Years Ago
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/mickey ... ie-script/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

And today it was 100 years ago since Walt and Roy opened their animation business. They would never have imagined what it would grow into.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Some poor intern is getting chewed out for including Robin Hood in the caption about '60s films.

Also, Hello, Dolly? :roll: There were no other actual Disney films from the late '60s?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mooky wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:43 pmSome poor intern is getting chewed out for including Robin Hood in the caption about '60s films.
Given it was only mentioned in the caption and was not present in the pictures, it's really no big deal. Sometimes people make much ado about nothing. By the way, it's a myth that social media accounts of major corporations are run by interns. They're usually run by a team of marketing executives.
Mooky wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:43 pmAlso, Hello, Dolly? :roll: There were no other actual Disney films from the late '60s?
They could have included The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes which is the second most popular Disney film released in 1969 after The Love Bug. Either they thought the title is not recognizable enough or they wanted to pretend the Fox films have always been a part of Disney's legacy. Either way, it's inconsistent having Hello Dolly the only one up there. If they wanted to include Fox movies, they should have sprinkled in a couple more titles.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Sotiris wrote:By the way, it's a myth that social media accounts of major corporations are run by interns. They're usually run by a team of marketing executives.
Oh I know, it was a joke about that whole trope :P . No chance in hell that post didn't go through multiple approvals, and yet...
Sotiris wrote:Either they thought the title is not recognizable enough or they wanted to pretend the Fox films have always been a part of Disney's legacy.
The latter. This extends to Lucasfilm and Marvel as well. I fully expect to see Star Wars on the post about the '70s and Iron Man for the aughts.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Just as predicted, now with an added bonus of the Muppets:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyrBR5jPUPY ... BiNWFlZA==
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Mooky wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:25 pm
Sotiris wrote:By the way, it's a myth that social media accounts of major corporations are run by interns. They're usually run by a team of marketing executives.
Oh I know, it was a joke about that whole trope :P . No chance in hell that post didn't go through multiple approvals, and yet...
Sotiris wrote:Either they thought the title is not recognizable enough or they wanted to pretend the Fox films have always been a part of Disney's legacy.
The latter. This extends to Lucasfilm and Marvel as well. I fully expect to see Star Wars on the post about the '70s and Iron Man for the aughts.
Well, Hello Dolly actually makes a lot of sense considering Wall.e :)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Well, not really. That would be like including Blue Hawaii on a list of ~Disney~ films because Lilo & Stitch features a promo image of Elvis from said film, and a song from Blue Hawaii is on the L&S soundtrack.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Korea partnered with Hongik University to produce a series of animated videos titled "Share Your Disney Moment". Here's a selection of them:

Wonderland
Look Into Wonder
The Glasses
Falling Forward
Just Around What You Dream
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Mooky wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:55 am Well, not really. That would be like including Blue Hawaii on a list of ~Disney~ films because Lilo & Stitch features a promo image of Elvis from said film, and a song from Blue Hawaii is on the L&S soundtrack.
Well, Hello Dolly is very prominently featured throughout the movie, as opposed to the use of a song or a cameo/reference image. It’s also actually owned by Fox, same with what (particularly the original) Star Wars originally was……
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:22 am ABC to Celebrate Disney100 with “Disney 100: A Century of Dreams – A Special Edition of 20/20” on Thursday, December 14th
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/disney- ... -abc-2020/
I see that Julie Andrews participated in this documentary. It’s been a bit since she last did something for the company. I can’t wait to watch her contribution!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I hope they put this on Disney+. It looks like it's gonna be great :D
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Vlad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:23 am I hope they put this on Disney+. It looks like it's gonna be great :D
“Disney100: A Century of Dreams – A Special Edition of 20/20″ airs Thursday, December 14th (9:02-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC and streams the next day on Hulu and December 29th on Disney+.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Oh, I missed that. Thanks buddy :)