Tiana (Disney+ Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Tiana (Disney+ Series)

Post by rodrigo_ca »

JUST ANNOUNCED: Disney Animation’s first-ever original animated series on #DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 3660756994

Last edited by rodrigo_ca on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Tiana (TV Series)

Post by Clindor »

They are announcing like crazy! https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... -day-2020/

New "The Princess and The Frog" animated series for Disney+.
Last edited by Clindor on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tiana (TV Series)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris is going to have to clean up these double threads. :lol: Y'all ninja'd each other. Anyway, I'm just so happy Tiana and TP&TF is getting something! Even if it'll unfortunately be ages before I ever see it for myself since it's exclusive to a streaming service.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Same as you Disney's Divinity! Tiana having some recognition is AWE-SOME! :dance:
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Just Announced: @DisneyAnimation’s first-ever original animated series are coming to @DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Re: Tiana (Disney+ Series)

Post by tsom »

SOOO excited!!
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Right? I KNEW they wouldn't just make a park attraction out of nowhere :lol:
Disney's Divinity

I like how the logo looks like the "Princess" half of the "The Princess and the Frog" logo. :) Seeing her name as a logo like that, I wonder now if TP&TF might've worked as "Tiana" after all?
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I like how the logo looks like the "Princess" half of the "The Princess and the Frog" logo. :) Seeing her name as a logo like that, I wonder now if TP&TF might've worked as "Tiana" after all?

Well, in Spain the movie is called "Tiana y el Sapo", and that "Tiana" is exactly the same than the Spanish logo.

Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

So this either means one of two things... they’re bringing back hand drawn animation and thus (I’m assuming) getting back all the tech and desks and stuff they threw out and hiring hand drawn animators again which means we could see a lot more of it in the future... at least on Disney+. OR.... they’re gonna do this in CG and it’s gonna be... something.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

amazing! Like I mentioned previously I hope its 2d in some form. :up:

also as a history lover anyone think it would be cool if they run into celebrities of the time period?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

bruno_wbt wrote:Well, in Spain the movie is called "Tiana y el Sapo", and that "Tiana" is exactly the same than the Spanish logo.
You're right! That's why it looked familiar to me.
unprincess wrote:Like I mentioned previously I hope its 2d in some form. :up:
I hope that too. Maybe they could do it in the style of the "Almost There" musical sequence. By the way, here's the official synopsis:
Tiana, coming to Disney+ in 2023, is a long-form musical-comedy series featuring the extraordinary entrepreneur who’s now princess of the kingdom Maldonia. The all-new adventures explore both Maldonia and Tiana’s beloved hometown, New Orleans. Tiana is the first princess to have her own Walt Disney Animation Studios series.
Source: https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/docum ... bccd9a.pdf
Last edited by D82 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I'm BEYOND thrilled. I am so glad that Tiana is finally getting the recongition that she deserves. It's a pity it's not going to be out until 2023. I'll be 29. :huh: :huh: :huh:
Disney's Divinity

Oh, I'd love for them to finally show Maldonia! And maybe interact with Naveen's parents.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Seeing her name as a logo like that, I wonder now if TP&TF might've worked as "Tiana" after all?
I like the logo too. I would have preferred Tiana as the film's title over The Princess and the Frog which never made sense since Tiana didn't start out as a princess. In all honesty, they should have just called it The Frog Prince like the fairtytale since even though the original fairytale is titled after the prince, it's the princess who's the main character and the story is told from her perspective.
bruno_wbt wrote:Well, in Spain the movie is called "Tiana y el Sapo", and that "Tiana" is exactly the same than the Spanish logo.
I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out. Tiana and the Frog is a better title than The Princess and the Frog, but because I'm not fond of the "and the" structure in titling, I prefer just Tiana.
nomad2010 wrote:So this either means one of two things... they’re bringing back hand drawn animation and thus (I’m assuming) getting back all the tech and desks and stuff they threw out and hiring hand drawn animators again which means we could see a lot more of it in the future... at least on Disney+. OR.... they’re gonna do this in CG and it’s gonna be... something.
I shutter at the thought this being CG. I'd rather have it 2D even if that meant outsourcing the animation.
D82 wrote:Tiana, coming to Disney+ in 2023, is a long-form musical-comedy series featuring the extraordinary entrepreneur who’s now princess of the kingdom Maldonia. The all-new adventures explore both Maldonia and Tiana’s beloved hometown, New Orleans. Tiana is the first princess to have her own Walt Disney Animation Studios series.
Since it will be a musical does that mean Randy Newman will be writing new songs for it? I have a feeling they'll replace him with new songwriters. It will be nice to get to see Maldonia, but how can the show be set in both Maldonia and New Orleans? Will Tiana be moving back and forth all the time? That doesn't make sense. The fact it's a long-form series pretty much rules out it being 2D (unless they outsource the animation which is unlikely). :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Wow, I must say that I`m genuniely surprised by this announcement! Considering how Disney has swept The Princess and the Frog under the rug, I thought they weren`t going to milk that premise anymore! But I`m glad that they`re giving it a spinoff-series. I like the logo. It`s simple, yet classy enough. Let`s just hope that the animation will be passable.
Disney's Divinity

Sotiris wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Seeing her name as a logo like that, I wonder now if TP&TF might've worked as "Tiana" after all?
I like the logo too. I would have preferred Tiana as the film's title over The Princess and the Frog which never made sense since Tiana didn't start out as a princess. In all honesty, they should have just called it The Frog Prince like the fairtytale since even though the original fairytale is titled after the prince, it's the princess who's the main character and the story is told from her perspective.
I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out. Tiana and the Frog is a better title than The Princess and the Frog, but because I'm not fond of the "and the" structure in titling, I prefer just Tiana.
I actually really like the "and the" structure in general. I don't really mind TP&TF's title--although I was more attached to "The Frog Princess"--I was just thinking about how some people blamed the emphasis on "princess" in the title for it not having done more at the Box Office because it made people think of the Disney Princess franchise first and foremost. I think "The Frog Princess" or "The Frog Prince" would've been fine; I know some said the title change might have had something to do with her being the first Black princess because they didn't want controversy caused by her being called the "frog" princess ( :lol: ), but I think that's kind of dumb since most people have heard of "The Frog Prince" tale and would know the title was chosen for that reason.

I used to always think that Tiana, while a pretty name, wasn't a strong enough name to be a title. Sort of like I couldn't imagine Ariel or Belle being titles either. But seeing it as a logo now, I wonder if it could've worked after all. "Tiana" doesn't really have a fairy tale sound to it though. Neither does "Tangled" or "Frozen" though, I guess. :lol:
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This is the show I'm most excited about. Anika HAS to come back, right? I know how much she loves Tiana, so surely she'll come back. And I'm guessing Naveen has to be in this, since they're married, so hopefully Bruno comes back as well. But I'm also curious how the animation will look...
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Bruno retired from acting and became a lawyer little after the release of The Princess and the Frog, so I'm not counting on his return. I wonder if Disney would get the Brazilian voice actor for Naveen (which is not Bruno Campos for some strange reason) or if they'll recast a black actor in the role. (And if Anika doesn't return I'll give up on Disney rotfl but given that she returned for Wifi Ralph, I think we're safe)