Tiana's Bayou Adventure

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Petition to re-theme Splash Mountain

Post by Sotiris »

Sad and preposterous, if true. Couldn't Disney just put them away and archive them? Did they really need to destroy them?

Splash Mountain Destroyed: Historical Items Shredded with Glee by Imagineers who Brag of Destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlbYowGJpU
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Thanks, Sotiris! Listening to this made me so sad. This is behavior more akin to the Taliban. Disney is a sick company and the rot is becoming obvious.
I had no idea about this salt mine history.
I immediately subscribed to this channel.
Thanks again even though this is so disturbing. The magic is fast disappearing from a company I’ve loved since childhood.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

It seems like some people are treating this like how they tore down confederate statues. I understand some people are finding some joy in dismantling this ride, it wasn't loved and treasured by all, but what people don't seem to understand anymore is discretion and not having to share EVERYTHING. We all know parts were getting destroyed, but we don't need to know how.

Just a devil's advocate point, but I'm sure Disney did archive some items. Was it really expected for them to keep all the parts when there is no intention of ever releasing the source material again? Aside from a prop popping up here and there for special occations/exhibits, I don't think we'll ever see Splash mentioned again. Not saying it's all together right, but I'm expecting anything more.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

carolinakid wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:52 amI had no idea about this salt mine history.
I didn't know this either. It's strange Disney didn't do their due diligence when creating the storyline for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. You'd think with all the diversity focus, they'd be more careful before incorporating such elements.
singerguy04 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:33 amWas it really expected for them to keep all the parts when there is no intention of ever releasing the source material again?
Well, they might come in handy as replacement items for the Tokyo Disneyland ride one day. In any case, destroying materials that are part of Disney's history is just plain wrong, in my book.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Sotiris wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:50 am
singerguy04 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:33 amWas it really expected for them to keep all the parts when there is no intention of ever releasing the source material again?
Well, they might come in handy as replacement items for the Tokyo Disneyland ride one day. In any case, destroying materials that are part of Disney's history is just plain wrong, in my book.
It's my understanding that a lot of the props were in disrepair. I can also attest that when I rode it, last January, that several scenes/props had stopped working. I think it was a part of the plan to discard a large part of it from the beginning. I've never been to Tokyo, but I would also assume they have no need for any of our used parts. I figure they'd make their own, probably better, or do their own re-theme eventually too. There's nothing planned for now, but after their Tomorrowland redo, I wouldn't bee too surprised.

I know Disney likes to act like they care very much about it's history, but it's become very apparent in recent years to me that they only care as much as they can turn a profit. I mean that they'll save/preserve just enough to use at an expo or something, but discard the rest. It's not worth spending the money or space, for them, to save everything. They do it for the movies too. It's a shame really, but I suppose I don't expect more from the business anymore.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

singerguy04 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:38 am It's my understanding that a lot of the props were in disrepair. I can also attest that when I rode it, last January, that several scenes/props had stopped working. I think it was a part of the plan to discard a large part of it from the beginning. I've never been to Tokyo, but I would also assume they have no need for any of our used parts. I figure they'd make their own, probably better, or do their own re-theme eventually too. There's nothing planned for now, but after their Tomorrowland redo, I wouldn't bee too surprised.

I know Disney likes to act like they care very much about it's history, but it's become very apparent in recent years to me that they only care as much as they can turn a profit. I mean that they'll save/preserve just enough to use at an expo or something, but discard the rest. It's not worth spending the money or space, for them, to save everything. They do it for the movies too. It's a shame really, but I suppose I don't expect more from the business anymore.
Which is why I find their "100 Years of Magic" celebration cynical and ridiculous.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Agreed.

It has more to do with selling 100 branded items than honoring the past 100 years. That's not to say that there aren't some in the company trying to honor the past, but vast majority of the effort is behind us buying platinum colored objects. They'll do just enough to make us think they want to honor it, but we shouldn't fool ourselves into believing it. They could and should do a lot more.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This is behavior more akin to the Taliban.
:lol: I'm just waiting for you to accuse Disney of being a ped------ ring at this point.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Imagineering Files Permit for Removal and Disposal of Hydraulics from Splash Mountain
https://blogmickey.com/2023/02/imaginee ... -mountain/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disneyland Cuts Oscar-Winning Classic From Its ‘Magic Happens’ Parade
https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/ ... 235281228/
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I just heard Johnny Mercer’s recording of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah today on Sirius’ ‘40s channel. I thought of the fact that woke Disney wants us to forget this Oscar winning song ever existed.

It will never be heard in an American Disney park again.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

carolinakid wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 pm I just heard Johnny Mercer’s recording of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah today on Sirius’ ‘40s channel. I thought of the fact that woke Disney wants us to forget this Oscar winning song ever existed.

It will never be heard in an American Disney park again.
Oh well. Not my problem.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I’m truly glad it hasn’t become your problem.
But maybe not yet...the woke mob is never satisfied....
SplashMtnForever

Post by SplashMtnForever »

Really sad to see this happening to Disney. There is really no excuse for people to tear down something that so many people love because a small group of people have misrepresented an old movie.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Just read an article on YouTube from WDW Pro that Tokyo Disneyland refuses to destroy its Splash Mountain. The Oriental Land Company told Disney “no”.
SplashMtnForever

Post by SplashMtnForever »

Splash Mountain should never have been attacked like this. I am hopping all the bad PR will lead to Disney reconsidering their plans for California.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mama Odie to Appear in Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Plus More Updates
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... e-updates/

8 Ways to ‘Celebrate Soulfully’ During Black History Month at Walt Disney World Resort: Collect the New Princess Tiana Tiara Pin
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... ld-resort/

Meet the Critters at Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... re-part-1/

Attraction Poster & More Critters Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... adventure/

Innovative Audio-Animatronics Figures, from Birds to the Bayou
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... the-bayou/

Inside Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, New Critters Revealed
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... -revealed/

A sneak peek at Disney World's New Orleans-inspired Tiana ride: murals, music and magic
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life ... dee6b.html

A Q&A with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Imagineers
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... magineers/

Disney Draws Inspiration from New Orleans for New Princess & Frog Ride – I Traveled There to Learn About It
https://mickeyvisit.com/tianas-bayou-ad ... spiration/
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Glad to read Charlotte isn’t being segregated.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Have you even seen TP&TF, carolinakid? I believe you said you haven't seen TNBC or any of the Revival films in the past.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Just bits and pieces when it’s been on TV. I should watch it before the attraction opens. I have the DVD. What is TNBC? It’s not coming to me, Div....