Tiana's Bayou Adventure

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Petition to re-theme Splash Mountain

Post by Sotiris »

I love Anika! Disney needs to give her more projects.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

hey Im glad PATF will finally get some recognition! Happy for Tiana and all her fans(that includes me.) :) Hopefully this means she'll be less ignored on merch and promos now too.

about other attractions possibly getting re-themes or changes, I like COP b/c I love history, but Ive never been to Hall of Presidents b/c when I was a kid we(my sis and cousins) all thought it would be boring so we'd always skip it and as an adult, the idea of uncanny valley animatronics of real people has always creeped me out. Do they really have a Trump animatronic there now, talking and moving around? Ewww. :huh:

blackcauldron85, thanks for replying to my question about the different frontier/western themed Mickey and gang shorts. A combination of those using different scenes from different shorts could have worked very well.
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

We still have the song Zip-a-de do dah playing in the parks and parades around the world. :)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

... what’s COP? :?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DisneyJedi wrote:... what’s COP? :?
Carousel of Progress
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

farerb wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:... what’s COP? :?
Carousel of Progress
Ohhh!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm so happy that TPATF are getting representation in the parks ! I also hope as some have said, that the animatronics are top notch like the BATB ones look to be.

On a different note, being a UK resident and not having been to the US parks before ( was supposed to be going to Florida on my honeymoon this year, but obviously has been cancelled :( ), how does the re-skinning of the ride effect where it is in the park ? Purely from googling maps of both parks, one seems like it could meld beautifully with New Orleans Square ? But just being on the map I can't really tell how close the ride is to the different land.

But in Magic Kingdom it's in Frontier Land ? How is that going to work ?

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% behind the idea of getting the Princesses, and their IP, out of being just in Fantasyland. Their stories are full of adventure and wonder and thrill, all alongside the magic and 'fantasy'. Though yes it wouldn't quite work having say Cinderella having a ride in Adventure Land, but how about Moana ? Mulan ? Pocahontas ? Rapunzel ? They could all easily fit somewhere other than Fantasy Land.

I just don't quite get how they will re-theme the ride to TPATF whilst still aesthetically being Frontier Land....
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sorry about your cancelled honeymoon. Did you still get married this year? I know many people are just further postponing their wedding. But if you did get married, congratulations! I hope you two will get to enjoy the American parks one day soon.

My knowledge is mostly tied to the Florida parks, but people who know Disneyland have said TPATF makes perfect sense for the Splash Mountain overlay there. Technically, their SM attraction is in Critter Country (which doesn’t exist in Florida), but it’s so close to New Orleans Square that the TPATF attraction will actually help bridge the two lands together which I think sounds wonderful.

In Florida, I just can’t imagine any way that the overlay will make thematic sense since our Splash Mountain is firmly in Frontierland. But it’s not the first Disney attraction to feel out of place in its environment (Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland, Star Tours ever since Galaxy’s Edge was built) so I guess I t’s not a big deal— even if will grate on my nerves a bit. And I think the IP will be a great addition to the park overall.

At the Florida parks you will find the princesses spread out a bit— probably to encourage park hopping. For the most part, if they have attractions, those attractions are inside Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom, but there are stage shows and sing alongs based on The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Frozen at Hollywood Studios.

Epcot’s World Showcase is also utilized for the princesses’ meet and greets. You can meet Snow White in Germany, Aurora and Belle in France, Jasmine in Morocco, Mulan in China, and Anna and Elsa in Norway. Similarly, the only place to meet Pocahontas in Orlando is at the Animal Kingdom.

And one more thing of note: last year at D23, Disney announced Moana was getting an attraction at Epcot. Something educational about water— I think like a fountain park, basically. Moana actually is the only Princess who doesn’t have a regular meet and greet in Orlando— she only meets during Halloween and Christmas parties, so I wonder if this attraction (if it does get built post-COVID) will also prompt them to give her a permanent meet and greet near the Epcot attraction?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I agree- if you already got married, huge congratulations, Atlantica! :pink:

In my mind (and history/geography were never my subjects in school!), New Orleans is in Louisiana, Louisiana had Lewis & Clark, right? They were explorers, right? So, yes, this is 1920s New Orleans, but the state was founded by explorers...?! (I don't think L&C founded Louisiana...) Wikipedia says: "The Louisiana territory was officially transferred to the United States government, represented by Meriwether Lewis."

I probably am crazy but it's justified in my mind because of that. :p
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

unprincess wrote: Do they really have a Trump animatronic there now, talking and moving around? Ewww. :huh:
I agree its gross. The funny thing with him is that is kinda obvious it was originally meant to be Hilary because they assumed she would win, but they just kinda slapped a wig on her and made some modifications and called it trump. (not confirmed, that's just what it looks like to many of us)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Kyle wrote:
unprincess wrote: Do they really have a Trump animatronic there now, talking and moving around? Ewww. :huh:
I agree its gross. The funny thing with him is that is kinda obvious it was originally meant to be Hilary because they assumed she would win, but they just kinda slapped a wig on her and made some modifications and called it trump. (not confirmed, that's just what it looks like to many of us)
Oh I hope not. Trump is grotesque while Hilary is a beautiful woman inside and out. There is no resemblance.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I also want to know if you got married Atlantica!

It's pretty lazy if Disney didn't make the Trump animatronic actually Trump. I don't like Trump myself, but still, do the job Disney.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Kyle wrote:
I remember reading about that... I guess I follow the news around Hillary enough that I ended up seeing articles about it. Hurts to think about what could've been; even after Trump is long gone (God-willing), American politics will always be layered in sadness for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

I would also liked a "Three little pigs" theme to this ride. :)
Big bad wolf, (maybe Lil bad wolf or the triplets) and the pigs, plus all the animals from American Sings singing Who is afraid of the Big bad wolf.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Kyle wrote:
haha that's hilarious if its true. I was gonna see if I could find a pic on google but I changed my mind b/c Im not in the mood to feel ill tonight. rotfl
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyBluLife wrote:We still have the song Zip-a-de do dah playing in the parks and parades around the world. :)
I wouldn't count on it. How long will it be until the song is removed everywhere? It's already started.

Splash Mountain Medley Removed from Official Disney World Album Streaming
https://blogmickey.com/2020/07/splash-m ... rld-album/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody know where I can get a Splash Mountain crewneck sweatshirt? I haven't been able to get to WDW in a few years and it's one of my favorite rides so I'd love to have a piece of its history. Unfortunately the only ones I can find online are going for HUNDREDS of dollars.
UDer #3495 :D
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I can’t help you find a cheaper one, but Disney hasn’t announced when Splash Mountain will close to refurbish it for the TPATF overlay. It may take six months to a year or more and Disney will probably keep a lot of the merchandise stocked in the meantime, so if you can’t get to WDW perhaps prices will come down on eBay after the initial rush to buy merch is over? In 2018 when I first came to Disney, I wanted to buy rainbow pride Mickey ears but they all sold out the day they were released (I went to buy my ears two days later). I didn’t think they would be restocked (the CM’s weren’t sure), so I bought one for almost $50 on eBay like an idiot and then Disney restocked them a few months later and they became a staple hat for sale almost everywhere at WDW for a time.

Plus, when Disney has gotten rid of some attractions like the Wishes and Illuminations fireworks shows, they’ve sold Farewell merch (shirts, pins, etc). And Disney hasn’t started doing that yet for Splash Mountain so I think you still have time to buy some regular Splash Mountain merch at less obscene prices before the ride goes away.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Ryan! If you don't mind it not being an authentic Disney product, I'd recommend checking out Etsy, RedBubble, TeePublic, Society6, maybe even TeeFury. Also, Laughing Place or WDWNT today posted about a new Splash Mountain door sign new to the gift shop, so it looks, like UF said, that stocks can and might be replenished!

*edit* This is interesting, regarding Nick Stewart, the voice of Br'er Bear, coming back to voice him in Splash Mountain:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Stewart
In 1989, Stewart was called back to Disney to reprise the role of Br'er Bear for the Splash Mountain ride. Disney Historian Jim Korkis asked him if he thought it was at all degrading to play Br'er Bear in Song of the South, regarding all the controversy of the portrayal of African-Americans. Stewart laughed and replied "Disney treated us like Kings". He concluded saying that the money he earned being Br'er Bear in Song of the South went towards a theatre for African-American actors to play roles other than butlers and maids. He also said he was to do the same thing with the money from the Splash Mountain ride.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey everyone, and mainly Atlantica,

Just here to address the issue of the location of Splash Mountain (SM) at Disneyland, here in California (others have already spoken about the ride's location in Florida).

So yes, SM here is adjacent to N Orleans Square... but there will be some issues. Here, Haunted mansion is in N Orleans Sq, and it is at the western edge of that land. Going west, we then get SM and then Winnie the Pooh. Those last two rides make up "critter country", which pretty much has no ambiance theming. It's basically those two rides and a restaurant. If one continues walking, one eventually gets to one of the entrances to Galaxy's Edge (it's well done, there is a sort-of transitional section).

But here is the thing: if they do turn this ride into TPATF and it becomes part of N Orleans Sq, then the only ride left in Critter Country will be WinnieTP. And it will probably make that the smallest land at any Disney park. I mean.... it is what it is. I still think they should have turned it into a Lion King ride, w heavy emphasis on Timon and Pumbaa.