Tiana's Bayou Adventure

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Petition to re-theme Splash Mountain

Post by blackcauldron85 »

PHOTOS: Splash Mountain Merchandise Shop Virtual Queue Filled to Capacity Due to High Demand at the Magic Kingdom
https://wdwnt.com/?p=308054

PHOTOS, VIDEO: Guests Evacuated from Splash Mountain During Magic Kingdom Reopening
https://wdwnt.com/?p=308319

*edit*
PHOTOS: Splash Mountain Themed Merchandise Restocked After Selling Out at the Magic Kingdom
https://wdwnt.com/?p=308372
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

blackcauldron85 wrote: *edit* This is interesting, regarding Nick Stewart, the voice of Br'er Bear, coming back to voice him in Splash Mountain:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Stewart
In 1989, Stewart was called back to Disney to reprise the role of Br'er Bear for the Splash Mountain ride. Disney Historian Jim Korkis asked him if he thought it was at all degrading to play Br'er Bear in Song of the South, regarding all the controversy of the portrayal of African-Americans. Stewart laughed and replied "Disney treated us like Kings". He concluded saying that the money he earned being Br'er Bear in Song of the South went towards a theatre for African-American actors to play roles other than butlers and maids. He also said he was to do the same thing with the money from the Splash Mountain ride.
Thank you for posting this! I never knew the original voice actor came back to reprise the role. And it's really nice to see someone stating that Disney wasn't the racist environment that ignorant people on social media like to claim without having any firsthand knowledge whatsoever.
Marce82 wrote: But here is the thing: if they do turn this ride into TPATF and it becomes part of N Orleans Sq, then the only ride left in Critter Country will be WinnieTP. And it will probably make that the smallest land at any Disney park. I mean.... it is what it is. I still think they should have turned it into a Lion King ride, w heavy emphasis on Timon and Pumbaa.
You make an excellent point. I never realized that Winnie the Pooh is going to be the only Critter Country ride now. Others on here also mentioned that The Lion King would have been perfect for Splash Mountain especially with all the waterfalls.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Apparently the choice of The Princess and the Frog was to have "good Black" replace "bad Black".
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

Lion King theme
The jungle book theme
Pixar's Up theme
Three little pigs theme
Mickey and friends theme
A Goofy movie theme
Ducktales theme
Rio theme (can Lucasfilm be in a Disneypark, then I think Blue Sky can too)

If Thunder Mountain would be themed to a movie that fits it would be, Home on the range. With the western and the mine cart ride scene from the movie. But that will never happen.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I've actually always wanted a ride or attraction themed to the Three Little Pigs. They could have used them and other classic Silly Symphonies characters. The main song for the ride could be "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" instead of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."
ImageImage
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I've actually always wanted a ride or attraction themed to the Three Little Pigs. They could have used them and other classic Silly Symphonies characters. The main song for the ride could be "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" instead of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."
It would be perfect for Tokyo Disneyland. :) The pigs are really popular there.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyBluLife wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I've actually always wanted a ride or attraction themed to the Three Little Pigs. They could have used them and other classic Silly Symphonies characters. The main song for the ride could be "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" instead of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."
It would be perfect for Tokyo Disneyland. :) The pigs are really popular there.
Yes, Japan loves all the classic Walt-era characters. In fact, the only film which they don't seem to care for from that era is The Sword in the Stone, which is basically the same case everywhere in the world. They also don't seem to love The Jungle Book very much. It's not hidden away there but I see the least amount of merch for it compared to the other Walt films.
ImageImage
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Ryan! If you don't mind it not being an authentic Disney product, I'd recommend checking out Etsy, RedBubble, TeePublic, Society6, maybe even TeeFury. Also, Laughing Place or WDWNT today posted about a new Splash Mountain door sign new to the gift shop, so it looks, like UF said, that stocks can and might be replenished!
Amy!! Thank you! I was initially hoping to find something authentic, but if they don't replenish then I'll probably have to consider one of the sites you listed. I've bought from RedBubble before and had a good experience!
UDer #3495 :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" Song Quietly Removed From Disneyland Resort Music Loops Ahead of Splash Mountain Closure
https://wdwnt.com/2020/08/breaking-zip- ... n-closure/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Re: The Princess and the Frog Discussion - Part III

Story Details Revealed for “The Princess and the Frog” Retheming of Splash Mountain
https://wdwnt.com/2021/08/photos-story- ... -mountain/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm glad Naveen is included, but I wish Charlotte and Eudora were present as well. Regarding Tiana wearing pants, I think it's a bit out of character considering in the movie she had so many different outfits and none of them involved pants. Also, this new outfit makes her seems like a tour guide and takes away from her status as royalty. She definitely looks less regal and elegant in that thing. I'm curious about the original music the attraction will supposedly have and whether they'll get Randy Newman to write it.

Source: https://d23.com/dig-a-little-deeper-wit ... -the-frog/
As seen in this latest rendering of the attraction, the story will take place after the final kiss as Naveen and Louis join Tiana on her latest adventure, hosting a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome – during which some original music inspired by songs from the film will bring guests into the story. Tiana is leading the way and fans will be able to encounter old friends and make new ones along the way as well!
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... -the-frog/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Naveen looks sooo cute in that picture! :D I think it looks alright. I couldn't picture her voluntarily going into the swamp in a dress, especially if they plan to get out of the boat, so I don't think it's too weird.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree, Divinity.
blackcauldron85

(I had posted about the ride info in the TP&tF thread- sorry, I hadn't remembered this thread at the time!)

I think that using a hammer/doing manual labor and running a restaurant already showed that Tiana is a different kind of royal, no? I'm also very curious about the original music. I'm so so excited for the ride update!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Agree with the others. A dress isn't exactly appropriate attire when travelling through the bayou. Admittedly, she did wear one at the end of the movie after being transformed back into a human, but that was magic.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Im sure at some point during the ride she will wear at least one gown, probably her green lily one, its too iconic not to include it. Maybe towards the end of the ride in a scene similar to when her and Nav get married and all the animals are gathered around celebrating.
Disney's Divinity

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/how- ... m-the-park

I can't believe the ride still hasn't been revamped after so long. :roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The ride will be called "Tiana's Bayou Adventure" and Tiana will be getting a makeover in order for her wardrobe and hairstyle to be more "authentic". It seems Tiana won't be allowed to have straight hair or wear dresses from now on.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 9674307585
Guests are joined by a cast of friends – new and familiar – as they prepare for their first-ever Mardi Gras performance. Much like the story unfolding within the attraction, our team’s own journey has been enriched with a bit of magic and some help from our friends. To ensure this experience authentically reflects the real-life inspiration of Tiana’s story, Imagineers have consulted and collaborated with a host of academics, musicians and artists across the New Orleans region.
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... pretation/
Picking up where the film left off, guests will join Princess Tiana, Naveen and jazz-loving alligator Louis on an adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome. Along the way, guests will encounter familiar faces, make new friends and travel through the bayou to original music inspired by songs from the film as they are brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.

[...] From researching prevailing trends of the 1920s – the era in which our story takes place – to looking through family archives, the team ensured Tiana’s look was historically accurate and authentic to the character. “Tiana was equally at home in the bayou as she was at a banquet,” Muldrow said. “We wanted her look to reflect that, and be a compliment to the story’s setting.” Attendees heard about the creative process as well, and the considerations taken in developing a unique hairstyle for Tiana. The team placed emphasis on the versatility of Black women’s hair and its significance to our identity across geographies and generations.
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... late-2024/
Tiana's Bayou Adventure will open at the Disneyland Resort (and Walt Disney World Resort) in late 2024. The new attraction’s story will pick up right where “The Princess and the Frog” left off. At the end of the film, Princess Tiana realizes her lifelong dream when she opens her restaurant, Tiana’s Palace. We pick up the story during Carnival season, when Tiana is hosting a party for the people of New Orleans. She discovers her celebration is missing a key ingredient and needs our help to find it. On Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, we’ll join Tiana and Louis on a trip to the bayou, where they meet all sorts of unexpected new friends who have a special role to play at the party.

The attraction will get a whole new look and feel. Plus, Imagineers are blending tried-and-true techniques with the latest technology to make this feel like an entirely new attraction. Additionally, it was announced that talented voices from the film will reprise their roles in the attraction, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, Jenifer Lewis as Mama Odie, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana. This is especially exciting news since music will be a big part of the experience on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... -and-more/
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take you along with Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and their friends as they host a party at Tiana’s Place for the people of New Orleans. It’s up to you to help find the missing ingredient when this exciting new attraction opens in late 2024.
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... ld-resort/
Disney's Divinity

Well, she has a skirt in the first still for the Tiana series, so the pants are probably just for this which makes sense because they're in the bayou. As for the hair, I don't mind that either since it does look very '20s to me. I'm sure her clip art for the princess line won't change. Her hair always had some curls. But if her hair in the series ends up never looking like how she looks in the movie, I'll probably be annoyed then. I thought maybe they were saying that, just like with the pants, she wouldn't have gone through all that work to put on makeup and work on her hair when they're going to be out in the bayou.
blackcauldron85

D23's Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products presentation:

Mist will be important, colorful and unique. "True bayou magic.".

Opening late 2024 at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Anika Noni Rose, Bruno Campos, Michael Leon Wooley, + Jenifer Lewis coming back to do voices!!!

Anika and a huge group of singers, dancers, and a marching band performed "Almost There" + "Dig a Little Deeper!"