How's Everyone Doing?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How's Everyone Doing?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

UF, my fingers and toes are crossed - I hope you get the job!!!!!!! I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping though-- that is the worst. Do you think you were too nervous or anxious about the interview to sleep, or it's a bigger sleep problem?

Sleeping Beauty only became one of my favorites later in life, too. It's unfortunately not one I had on video as a kid, so I've only seen it since I was 18, but in my 30s I've enjoyed it so much more. It's a film like wine, that gets better with age I guess!!

Thank you, DD! <3. I wish I wasn't so afraid too... I have generalized anxiety disorder so I know that that makes me freak out as much as I do in life, but it's baby steps, visiting people and SeaWorld... My dad's going to come over to let the dogs out and maybe feed them depending on how long we are gone. It must have been 2019 the last time he did this... We were in line for Slinky Dog Dash (it kept having technical issues) and I was on my phone and I got an alert from the security camera we have in the living room. My dad had all the dogs around him while holding the biscuit box, and I was trying to talk through the camera but the line was so loud I couldn't hear myself so he couldn't hear me... No dog got murdered but Hunter is food aggressive and I was freaking out. So I had to have a long email (lol) with my dad yesterday about the do's and dont's of watching my dogs. I'm very grateful for him coming over to help but I don't know that he'll abide by all the rules (my boys never liked each other but in their twilight years, they just want to murder each other so they are always kept separate now)...I told my dad that we don't want him having to break up a dog fight. I don't know how much a dog sitter on Rover.com is, but I even told my dad maybe HE can use my SeaWorld ticket and I can stay home with the dogs, or we can pay a dog sitter, but he said he can handle it. Talk about anxiety!!

#vent over :p
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no Amy, I am sorry about how your dogs are, and how your dad did with them! Well, you know what would be best, you'll make the right decision. I am also sorry you have generalized anxiety disorder. So you can only help being afraid so much. Well, I am glad you still try not to be afraid! You go, girl! Take those baby steps!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

All the best regarding your interview, Fish

Amy, I’am sorry you have an Anxiety disorder and I’am sorry about the struggles you’ve had with your Dogs. Getting to visit your in-laws is a good thing though despite your understandable discomfort with it
blackcauldron85

Thanks, DD + Rose! <3 I'm so used to my anxiety...Its just about managing it if it's out of control by seeing my therapist...I haven't had to in a few years so it's been at a normal for me level.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hmmm...well, Amy, I hope it stays at normal state where you don't have to see a therapist! You're brave though living with it and still venturing out there! <3
blackcauldron85

Thank you!! <3
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

It looks like my account was locked from inactivity, but has now been reinstated! Fingers crossed the bugs are all worked out now. :)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:It looks like my account was locked from inactivity, but has now been reinstated! Fingers crossed the bugs are all worked out now. :)
Welcome back!!! Good to see people are coming back!!! I hope new forum registration is re-opening, too…
blackcauldron85

C_R!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay, Chernabog_Rocks! Welcome back. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Welcome back Chernabog_Rocks! I'm so glad!
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Thank you!

As a general update: I've been looking into creating a Disney podcast or youtube channel. I'm not sure which way I want to go since both have ups and downs.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ooh, either one is exciting! Though out of those two I only watch Youtube.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

What are the pros and cons of each format, C_R? I imagine a podcast is a little easier to produce but YouTube vids might get more engagement? Or am I totally off-base?
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:What are the pros and cons of each format, C_R? I imagine a podcast is a little easier to produce but YouTube vids might get more engagement? Or am I totally off-base?
So far, for Podcast:

Pros: No need to worry about green-screen taking up extra space, people can listen during their commute, don't need to be in front of the camera.

Cons: No visuals can be used (concept art etc.), more reliance on Instagram to share pictures of various shopping hauls/merch etc.

Youtube:

Pros: Visual friendly, wider variety of episode types, getting to create a fun background display that can rotate merchandise

Cons: Being on camera, will Disney hit me with copyright claims/strikes, likely more editing work
blackcauldron85

Can you maybe reach out to some Disney streamers that you're a fan of to ask about copyright things? Or maybe ask on Reddit? I would absolutely subscribe if you had a YouTube channel!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Welcome back, Chernabog_Rocks
blackcauldron85

I have a job interview on Thursday and I have not had one in years. And it's interviewing in front of a committee. I never feel good enough in interviews...and it's been years. I have a job already, so it's not like I'm desperate... AHHHHH I'm nervous. I need to make questions for the interview and prepare, and I'll have a hard time finding parking (it's at a school), and I might be late and I am freaking out.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Amy, good good luck!!! I know you will rock it!! :pink: :pink: :pink: Sometimes when I’m nervous about going somewhere I do a practice drive beforehand. If you have time in your schedule maybe drive to the parking lot at the same time of day as your interview and see what the parking situation is like and that may help your nerves? Or it could help you make a game plan for how early to get there etc?
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

You've got this Amy! Just remember to breathe, and don't be afraid to take a pause. While doing Toastmasters, I found when I was answering on the spot questions, it was always better to take a second to pause, and get back on track instead of rambling. When I ramble, I get panicky and ramble more. Taking that one second to stop can feel like an eternity, but I've found it helps me.