The Google Translate Movie Title/Quote Game!!!

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Google Translate Movie Title/Quote Game!!!

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This was inspired by today's episode on the Unus Annus YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIcgBZ ... 6r_jDYOMqg)(Language alert)(it has nothing to do with anuses...), I present the Google Translate Game!

The goal is to translate from English into a bunch of other languages, and when you eventually go back to English (it gets funnier the further you translate it), it's funny! It's kind of like that playground game, Telephone!

Go to Google.com, and search for "Google Translate."

Let's take the title The Emperor's New Groove in English. Portuguese: A Nova Onda do Imperador. Plug that into the left-hand side. Punjabi: ਸਮਰਾਟ ਦੀ ਨਵੀਂ ਵੇਵ. Plug that into the left-hand side. Basque: Enperadorearen olatu berria. Plug that into the left-hand side. Croatian: Novi val cara. And back to English: A new wave of emperors!

Or how about the quote: "Just think of it as you're being let go, that your life's going in a different direction, that your body's part of a permanent outplacement."

I translated it from English to Turkish, Luxembourgish, Thai, Malay, Maltese, Nepali, Georgian, and back into English: "Imagine your life going in a different direction. Your body is part of a constantly changing world."

But, let's continue translating that further:

Finnish, Telugu, Macedonian, Mongolian, French, and back to English: "Give your life another way. Your body is part of a changing world."

Or to shorten the game, it went from "Just think of it as you're being let go, that your life's going in a different direction, that your body's part of a permanent outplacement" to "Give your life another way. Your body is part of a changing world" in 14 translations!

Let's take the chef in The Emperor's New Groove that Kronk takes over for.

His quote: "All right, buster, that's it! You want a special order, then you make it! I quit! You know, I try and I try, there's just no respect for anyone with vision! That-That's it! There's just nothing I can do about it!"

From English to Hawaiian, Norwegian, Welsh, Irish, Swedish, Spanish, Swahili, Lao, Latin, and back to English (10 translations):
So, when we go! You need to step out and do it? I? You see that it was not asked thank you! But! There is nothing I can do I can do about that!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: The Google Translate Movie Title/Quote Game!!!

Post by Jules »

Haha! This occurred to me some time ago. :) Don’t have time for it right now but will be back.