Love, Victor

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Love, Victor

Post by Disney's Divinity »

There were only the first five episodes last night. I’m pretty sure the rest will air next Friday (6/11) because 6/11’s the same day the new season is scheduled to start on hulu.

TBH, of what I’ve seen so far, I like this much better than Love, Simon. The only episode I didn’t care for so far was episode 4, with the basketball game and the mother’s affair getting revealed. It all happened in too dramatic / predictable a way and I feel like I’ve seen that kind of angry meltdown at a sports game in a million different shows. Mia started getting on my nerves in episode 5 because she started talking about her mom constantly in every conversation with every character.

My first thought when the show came on was Ana Ortiz! I didn’t know she was in this. :D Even though I haven’t seen the whole season, the commercials advertising season 2 already spoiled it for me how things would go (who Victor would end up with). From that first episode, I was sort of hoping it would be Felixhe’d end up with. Sort of similar to Lizzie McGuire, where she goes for the cute guy who’s out of her league only to realize Gordon, the guy who is best for her, was right there beside her the whole time kind of ending. Oh, well. In the first couple of episodes, I thought they pretty much had all the different avenues of romance you could go for on these kinds of teen shows, friends-to-lovers (Felix), enemies-to-lovers (Andrew), and then the popular / hot / out-of-your-league perfect guy (Benji). It felt just like a normal show of this kind, only with guys instead. :lol: And all of them have good actors and are cute. But then after a few episodes, it was more obvious that Felix and Andrew are being setup for the girls. Too bad, since Felix is the one I like the best. But I still can’t help feeling Andrew seems way more focused on Victor than Mia. Back to the point of them all being cute, the scene of Victor at the shop (when he's thinking about applying) with Benji showing him how to use the machine and he licks his lips. :lol: :lol: So adorable.

Anyway, I liked it a lot, can't wait to see the rest of it. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Apparently the rest of season 1 won't be airing on Freeform the following Friday like I assumed would happen.... Who knows when I'll see the second half then. :lol:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Love, Victor’ Renewed At Hulu For Season 3
https://deadline.com/2021/07/love-victo ... 234806697/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Love, Victor’ Will Now Be Available on Disney+
https://variety.com/2022/tv/columns/lov ... 235239216/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

^ Wow! Is this because of present pressure for Disney to be more LGBTQ+ friendly? And now I may get to see the show!
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote:^ Wow! Is this because of present pressure for Disney to be more LGBTQ+ friendly? And now I may get to see the show!
I'm betting so! DeSantis and the GOP just did the LGBT community a favor, now Disney seems to have moved to full-throated support of LGBT rather than tacit, pinky-toe-dipped-in-the-water support. Read the Dr. Strange thread in the Marvel section for another example. :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yay! After you told me, I read the Dr. Strange post about the lesbian with two moms! I agree, now Disney's support is finally going farther!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Yay!!!!!!!!!! It'll be good to be able to watch this now.