Lilo & Stitch (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Lilo & Stitch (Live-Action)

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Another day, another remake. Didn’t they say no remakes of 2000s movies?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/h ... ks-1148811
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Lilo and Stitch (Live Action)

Post by Farerb »

I think it's time for Bob Iger to step down.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Eisner wanted to make every 2D movie into 3D and now he has gotten his wish, thanks to Iger.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

And the fandom insists that Eisner was the true monster and Iger / Lasseter were the saviors... :roll: Marvel drooling fans need to shut up from time to time.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

If we are doing live action remakes of the 2000s films, why not Atlantis or Brother Bear? Those two could be perfect examples of remakes that are not only necessary, but could actually be much MUCH better than their originals.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

those 2 would also be costlier. L&S would just be live action filmed in Hawaii and a few cgi characters.

and now with their need for streaming fodder I wouldn't be surprised if all the animated library classics eventually end up getting live action treatment, even the C list films.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Oh. My. God.

:facepalm:

We've officially reached the peak of remake ridiculousness
disneyprincess11 wrote:Another day, another remake. Didn’t they say no remakes of 2000s movies?
They did, but apparently they've made an exception now.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Totally unnecessary. I'm sure we'll hear about plans for a live-action Tangled and Frozen soon enough.

I would only be satisfied with this if it brings Chris Sanders back to Disney.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

:roll:

So...all right. To the people who find useless things to nitpick in Disney's animated films... what are some things that you would like changed from the animated film that would be explained in a very condescending manner in live action? :P

Seriously this is just getting sillier and sillier as the years go by. Bob Iger... Just go away!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Didn’t they say no remakes of 2000s movies?
Yes, they did. Twice.
Musical Master wrote:If we are doing live action remakes of the 2000s films, why not Atlantis or Brother Bear?
Because neither of them were as popular as Lilo & Stitch. Atlantis flopped and Brother Bear was a small success but didn't really develop a following afterwards.
Musical Master wrote:Those two could be perfect examples of remakes that are not only necessary, but could actually be much MUCH better than their originals.
As a fan of both of those films, I couldn't disagree more. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they got a live-action remake.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Lilo & Stitch (Live-Action)

I'd love to see a live-action Atlantis. It would be a good fit for Disney's streaming service as a TV series. All the cut sequences from the film with the monsters and obstacles that Milo and the others faced on their journey to Atlantis could be incorporated. Not to mention the ideas for the planned animated TV series that became the sequel. An hour and a half film can't really do the material justice.
ImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I'd love to see a live-action Atlantis. It would be a good fit for Disney's streaming service as a TV series. All the cut sequences from the film with the monsters and obstacles that Milo and the others faced on their journey to Atlantis could be incorporated. Not to mention the ideas for the planned animated TV series that became the sequel. An hour and a half film can't really do the material justice.
You know what? It's really synergetic that you mention Atlantis' length, since one of the complaints that I've heard that it's not long enough and therefore not fulfilling it's full potential. Either way, a live action Atlantis would've been defintiively suitable to the live action genre, though due to it's lackluster reputation, it's most likely not about to happen. I could rather see a live action Atlantis than a live action Brother Bear.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The big question is Will nani be as hot?

I actually think this could make for a fun live action remake, more so than the real classics. There's the scifi element, and you could write new funny jokes/bits with stitch. I kinda imagine it to be a female take on E.T.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Sotiris wrote:
Musical Master wrote:If we are doing live action remakes of the 2000s films, why not Atlantis or Brother Bear?
Because neither of them were as popular as Lilo & Stitch. Atlantis flopped and Brother Bear was a small success but didn't really develop a following afterwards.
Musical Master wrote:Those two could be perfect examples of remakes that are not only necessary, but could actually be much MUCH better than their originals.
As a fan of both of those films, I couldn't disagree more. I wouldn't mind if they got a live-action remake, though.
Honestly I think a Brother Bear remake could only work if it was given the Pete's Dragon treatment of making something entirely different but using the same general concept. Heck make it an actual musical where the characters actually sing instead of a singer singing the songs from the fourth wall COUGH!philcollinsCOUGH!

But Lilo and Stitch does makes sense from a business standpoint and it was the better loved out of the Post-Renaissance Disney films.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Totally unnecessary. I'm sure we'll hear about plans for a live-action Tangled and Frozen soon enough.

I would only be satisfied with this if it brings Chris Sanders back to Disney.
I'd already predicted a long time ago that Frozen will be re-made 5-10 years after they've made whatever sequels for the film they have planned (a trilogy is pretty much certain, but maybe it'll become a pentalogy like the Toy Story series is headed for? :P ).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'd already predicted a long time ago that Frozen will be re-made 5-10 years after they've made whatever sequels for the film they have planned (a trilogy is pretty much certain, but maybe it'll become a pentalogy like the Toy Story series is headed for? :P ).
This has definitely been a popular "theory" but I honestly could imagine Disney ramping up their plans for a live-action Frozen. Maybe after Frozen 2 hits theaters, they'll announce a live-action Frozen to help whatever wait there is between Frozen 2 and the inevitable Frozen 3. At the same time, it's possible that Disney will be afraid of an oversaturation of Frozen. Waiting 10 years or so might be the better choice after Frozen has been out of the limelight for a while so they can successfully capitalize on nostalgia as they remake it. Something akin to the live-action BATB although that was still about 25-26 years of a wait.
ImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh gosh NO ! No no no no no .... the original is such a charming little film. It doesn't need to become a CGI festival.

Ugh, I really do wish this trend would stop, truly.

Plus, it will only work if they get Chris Sanders back as Stitch, he can't be played by anyone else, surely ?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Atlantica wrote:Plus, it will only work if they get Chris Sanders back as Stitch, he can't be played by anyone else, surely ?
Aside from the English dubs of the Japanese and Chinese "Lilo & Stitch" tv series, Sanders still voices Stitch. Even in video games and commercials, so I would be shocked if he's not brought in to voice the character. At least that would mean he has a bit of a say in the creative process.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

With yet another remake, the question now is this - when can we expect the long-awaited live-action remake of Home on the Range? :P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Skyler Shuler: Here is something I tweeted back in 2015. "Hearing a lot of rumors that a live action adaptation of "Lilo & Stitch" is in the works."

Q: Wow! What do you think they’ve been doing since then? Is a script written?

Skyler Shuler: It was just an idea at the time, now they see the success of the remakes since 2016.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 4719526912
ImageImageImageImageImageImage