Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

Post by Sotiris »

Isn't it under the Star hub? I guess that's OK. I don't care that much, to be honest.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Farerb wrote:How do you feel about Pam & Tommy, a show about a sex tape that contains nudity, being on Disney+ outside the US?
Star has all kinds adult content. People outside the US have been used to it for a while now.

I think a broad content library will boost the worldwide number of subscribers and ultimately Disney’s streaming profit. Which will lead to more original content.

It’s not a bad thing. There are no Christian mom organizations in Europe that will try and cancel Disney. Overall nobody cares really.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:Isn't it under the Star hub? I guess that's OK. I don't care that much, to be honest.

Yes, but when you open the Disney+ app, it's the first thing that pops up. (You don't need to go to the Star hub)

They are fully naked on this show, and then I remember the Lizzie McGuire drama.. it's ridiculous!

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

bruno_wbt wrote:Yes, but when you open the Disney+ app, it's the first thing that pops up. (You don't need to go to the Star hub)
But that's because you have it set up to include Star on it. Parents can create a profile for their children that doesn't have that section and block their own profile with a password, so children can't have access to it.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

As I’ve posted before, anyone reading this please take into consideration that through the power of requesting a show/movie on Disney+, the power of suggestion is not limited to merely suggesting a movie and or show that’s not currently on there. Thinking outside the box, You can also make suggestions/further encourage shows and or movies that may or may not be in production, and can also even specify in that request line as you can request Up to 3 At a time; for example, I just suggested maleficent 3 [Which is apparently going to happen through very evident rumours That have been posted On this forum], Oz the great and powerful 2, And Tron 3 With the original and Tron Legacy casts. That last one is also apparently [finally] going to happen, but of course I had to Specify that last little bit just to make sure that it’s not a full on reboot/in a different continuity and or will largely ignore the other two movies/Retcon things etc. I’ve also mentioned previously suggesting even non-Disney owned properties such as Harry Potter, fantastic beasts, and even the hobbit [As well as specifying their extended editions] as we in Canada do not get HBO Max and currently don’t really have any ways to stream those movies, So you never know at the very least in your own country you may be able to persuade Disney to get the streaming rights to at least have them be on the service at least for your own country :-)

Remember, if you truly continue to do something, truly continue to try, something can always happen no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem. No matter how impossible things may seem, a powerful enough dream is always truly enough to truly shine through anything, again no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem :-)
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove something from the "continue watching"?

Sometimes I start a movie or TV-show and decide it's not for me, but it will stay there for a few weeks, which is kind of annoying imo.

:)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Khonnor wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to remove something from the "continue watching"?

Sometimes I start a movie or TV-show and decide it's not for me, but it will stay there for a few weeks, which is kind of annoying imo.

Unfortunately, my fellow a bugs life fan, it’s been stated I believe on there by Disney that you can’t delete things from the continue enjoying because that’s how they collect data towards the show/movie doing well. All you can do for now is just be patient Until they finally disappear. This is another thing that you can suggest To improve on their EH? :-)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Khonnor wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to remove something from the "continue watching"?

One trick for that is to click play and go to the very end of the movie/episode in the timeline. Then it'll disappear from "continue watching". But there should be an easier way to remove the titles you don't want from there. I've also wished there was an option for that. What Patricier21 suggested is a good idea. We should ask them for that in the feedback section. Another thing I would like there was on the service is a way to search for movies and shows by year, like a collection for each decade, for example. Maybe if several of us ask for these things, they'll hear us.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney is thinking of livestreaming events on Disney+.

Disney+ Successfully Trials First Live Event
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-su ... ive-event/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The one comment on that article mentions a "replay" button. I think it'd be great to be able to watch a live stream not live... Just on-demand if you can't watch it live.

With the talk of merging Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ potentially in the future if the live stream technology leads to that... Would they make everyone get the bundle pack, or could you just get Disney+ still?

I wonder if more ABC content, such as that day's "Good Morning America" would regularly air on Disney+. And yes to streaming D23 Expo and Disney+ Day!! (but again, hopefully with an option to watch on-demand later).
blackcauldron85

I logged into Disney Plus and there are some usually-Hulu titles showing: Grown-ish, Black-ish, The Wonder Years (?Hulu?), Summer of Soul. Could be for Black History Month or could be permanent; I don't know.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Crushes Wall Street Expectations, Disney+ Soars to Nearly 130M Subs
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235090036/

Disney+’s New Disclosure: 42.9M Subscribers in U.S./Canada
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235090207/
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I logged into Disney Plus and there are some usually-Hulu titles showing: Grown-ish, Black-ish, The Wonder Years (?Hulu?), Summer of Soul. Could be for Black History Month or could be permanent; I don't know.
According to this article, Bob Chapek is looking to add more ABC and Hulu-type shows to Disney+. I think he's seeing how well received the Star addition has been in the rest of the world and trying to incorporate that sort of content without alienating American parents.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
blackcauldron85

Thanks, estefan! That's interesting. I think it makes sense to add TV-PG and TV-14 shows to Disney+, if they fit in with the "family" brand. I'm all for getting more content. I don't have TV service ("rabbit ears" or cable) so to have access to ABC and Hulu shows is great, and it might bring more subscribers to Disney+. Will Disney not be a part of Hulu on the future? Or just some family shows will have overlap on both?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Weekend Family is a French Disney+ original series that is also being released in the U.S. dubbed in English on March 09, 2022.

Poster and trailer.

Source: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... 0447427593
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

NeoSuperBlissey wrote:What a kick in the....

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/anastasia ... disney-us/

By this, I mean that while I accept that Disney has contracts they either had before Disney+ existed or inherited from the Fox acquisition, the lack of advanced notice is annoying.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

How does this even happen? They don't bother checking to see if they have the rights to put a movie on their platform before doing it?
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Kyle wrote:How does this even happen? They don't bother checking to see if they have the rights to put a movie on their platform before doing it?
I presume that it has something to do with pre-existing contracts with other services (that after a certain amount of time, you have to give up the rights to show this movie) that Disney, for example, inherited from acquisitions or from before their own service existed.

I beg everyone's indulgence for this explanation. A key non-Disney example of this is the deal that Netflix has with the CW network: that Netflix can continue to stream CW shows for up to five years from the broadcast of their respective shows' final episodes.

Disney also has a similar deal with Netflix for Disney Channel and Disney Junior shows, but the time is reduced to four years after the airing of a series' final episode. For example, website What's On Netflix notes that "Sofia the First" is calculated to be leaving Netflix on October 8th, 2022, as that is the fourth anniversary of the airdate of its final episode.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leavin ... or-disney/
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

NeoSuperBlissey wrote:
Kyle wrote:How does this even happen? They don't bother checking to see if they have the rights to put a movie on their platform before doing it?
I presume that it has something to do with pre-existing contracts with other services (that after a certain amount of time, you have to give up the rights to show this movie) that Disney, for example, inherited from acquisitions or from before their own service existed/
Right, but Disney should be well aware of this before they put it up in the first place.