blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Post by blackcauldron85 »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I was really looking forward to this movie, but judging by the trailer, it looks like some of the main characters are going to die and I don't know if I'm prepared for that. :( I loved the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special, though, and I'm sure James Gunn must have done a good job with this film as well.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Zoe Saldaña On If She'd Play Gamora Again After Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
https://www.cinemablend.com/superheroes ... laxy-vol-3
blackcauldron85

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

This new trailer was quite good! The dynamic between Quill and the new Gamora, in particular, will be interesting to see.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Let's see if a release there will help the film's box office. Black Panther 2 and Ant-Man 3 flopped in China. It seems China has fallen out of love with Marvel.

China: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’ Secures Day-And-Date Release
https://deadline.com/2023/03/guardians- ... 235302684/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:46 pm Let's see if a release there will help the film's box office. Black Panther 2 and Ant-Man 3 flopped in China. It seems China has fallen out of love with Marvel.

China: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’ Secures Day-And-Date Release
https://deadline.com/2023/03/guardians- ... 235302684/
I don’t think so. I just think they want good MCU movies with story and nothing political in them. Plus China loves Chris Pratt so he could help Guardians 3 so well in China and make it the only MCU movie of 2023 to make a billion worldwide.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Meant to post this yesterday, but with the weekend almost over, here’s my latest editorial post for my blog, just in time for tomorrow’s ticket presales, on why #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyVol3 will begin putting back the quality in Marvel Studios: https://alsaysall.wordpress.com/2023/04 ... o-quality/.
blackcauldron85

I just came back from seeing this. Easily the best one, IMO. Bring Kleenex. Rocket's backstory is so sad. I was so happy that he went and saved the animals. And I clapped when he called himself Rocket Raccoon. The 2nd end credits scene had the message that it's not the end of Star-Lord; do you think there will be a 4th GotG film with the new team? With Star-Lord making an appearance? Or more Disney+ specials? Them appearing in other Marvel films/shows? I want more. If this is the end, it was very fulfilling.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

There are some parts I need to watch again, but I thought it was alright. Rocket's backstory was the best part of the film. Otherwise, I was a little disappointed, actually. I guess because Endgame sort of ended with the impression (at least to me) that Thor would be a part of GOTG3. I think it's a shame, I think it would've been more fun with him and Quill playing off one another the whole film.

I'm not sure if a 4th one would be as successful or not. I think GOTG3 was spared the superhero fatigue that's been plaguing other films simply because 3 always has a feeling of closure (the end of a trilogy) and because GOTG was already a successful series. I mean, I think I would personally watch another sequel, just skeptical if it would keep the success going or not. Honestly, Deadpool 3 is the only other superhero-related film I'd say I'm really looking forward to at this point now, everything else sort of blends together as good for a casual watch, not sure if they're exciting enough to draw the same audiences as they did pre-Endgame.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Disney's Divinity wrote:I guess because Endgame sort of ended with the impression (at least to me) that Thor would be a part of GOTG3. I think it's a shame, I think it would've been more fun with him and Quill playing off one another the whole film.
James Gunn has said that he wasn't consulted about Thor + GotG, he didn't like that storyline...so he broke the hearts of Marvel fans!