Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Oh, thanks for the heads up about Forbes...I'm glad that's not the design for the deleted villain- phew!!!!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Oh, thanks for the heads up about Forbes...I'm glad that's not the design for the deleted villain- phew!!!!
The deleted villain looked more like a Lovecraftian monster.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

^ I had to look up what that means. So it's like the Hydra + Davy Jones, but kind of gross...that's what my Google Image search looks like!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ I had to look up what that means. So it's like the Hydra + Davy Jones, but kind of gross...that's what my Google Image search looks like!
Yes, that's the gist of it basically. It might also resemble this creature that a temple was created for. This was in George Lucas' original plan for a Star Wars sequel instead of The Empire Strikes Back.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ That design is pretty cool! Thank you for sharing it! Is there a comic book w/ rejected sequel ideas?!?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

ImageImage
It's both a novel and a comic called Splinter of the Mind's Eye. George Lucas planned this as his backup sequel in case Star Wars wasn't a success, so this story could be adapted into a low-budget feature film. As such, Han Solo wouldn't be in it because Harrison Ford was too expensive to bring back, so it would have just featured Luke and Leia as the leads with the two droids and Vader as the villain. Of course, Star Wars was a huge success, so the plans for this film were scrapped and we got The Empire Strikes Back instead. However, the author of the original Star Wars novelization was told to turn this story into a novel which was released 1978. So this was actually the first supplemental or Expanded Universe/Legends novel.

The comic (adapted by Dark Horse comics) was released decades later in the 90s I think.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ That is so cool!! I've never thought about the history of the Legends. This comic site, an Amazon company, has each issue to read for $1.99; I might end up doing that when I have time:

https://m.comixology.com/Star-Wars-Spli ... ries/60554

You're the best- you teach me so much!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about it.

BTW, some concept art for Colin Trevorrow's version has been leaked. This includes Tor Valum, the deleted villain.
https://imgur.com/a/lX9JG8F
  • Rey converted her staff and broken saber into a double-bladed lightsaber.
    Rey's outfit is reminiescent of Luke's ROTJ black Jedi outfit (right down to the white flap) and she wears her hair in a ponytail
    Captain Phasma would still be alive
    The Rey and Poe speeder chase in the water seemed to be repurposed for the one on Pasaana
    C-3PO and R2-D2 walking through the streets of Coruscant reminds me of them walking to Jabba's Palace in ROTJ
    Leia with BB-8 is a throwback to Leia giving R2 the Death Star plans at the start of ANH
    I like the moment of Luke grabbing Kylo's lightsaber by the blade
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

#BringBenSoloBack has been tweeting all over the world and has over 40K tweets as of this moment. An insider LFL source claimed a few weeks ago that Disney/LFL was very aware about the backlash to Ben Solo's death when the leaks came out a few months back, but it was too late for them to reverse the decision. I hope Disney knows what this decision cost them.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

Maybe they'll make an animated show with Ben? (I know Oscar won't come back as Poe, but I don't think Adam would come back as Ben, would he?)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Adam has an interview in French where he said there is nothing on the table right now for more Star Wars projects. Some people misinterpreted that during the translation as saying that he is done with Star Wars forever, but that's not the case. Another recent interview had him saying that he missed Ben a lot. He's always said that he identifies a lot with the character and he's a big Star Wars fan. For some reason, fans have this belief that because Adam is a serious actor, he can't like Star Wars or his character and is just stuck in his contract to do the films lol. Maybe because of Harrison Ford lol but even Harrison doesn't mind coming back if there is a good script and he sees a point for this character. The reason he was attracted to the ST (instead of ROTJ), is because of the father-son relationship because Harrison loves family-centered stories, particularly father-son ones, and he even chose the name of Ben because his own son is named that.

The LFL source said that they will keep Ben "alive" through novels and comics that flesh out his backstory and we already have one such comic right now. Apparently Disney/LFL is very keen on bringing him back, which will only ever be done on the big screen, and it's just a matter of the right plan and getting Adam Driver to say yes.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2020/01/ ... -campaign/
#SaveBenSolo was trending yesterday at 50,000k tweets all over the world. It was at least #2 in the US, maybe #1 but I didn't see it personally. Italy, France, and Russia really love Ben Solo because he trends there quite frequently at #1 and same with a few other countries (Russians argue that the ending was heartbreaking and shocking to them because Star Wars always follows the archetypal mythical format but the TROS ending was very Americanized and out of place lol).
The day before yesterday, #BringBenSoloBack trended at 40,000k tweets and Ben has trended the past month for various reasons like with the #BenSoloChallenge

Adam Driver was also trending last night for SNL. Randy the Intern was the sequel to Matt the Radar Technician.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1068897543476291
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPc27AjWoAA ... ame=medium
TROS is the highest grossing movie released in 2019 in Germany. This means Star Wars is still the biggest movie franchise in Germany.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

So here's a twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6veQE ... e=youtu.be
One of the actors who played one of the Knights of Ren (Juan Bautista) said he saw an ending for TROS a week before the premiere which was completely different. The version he saw had Rey die at the end of the film while Ben survived and he was the one who went to Tatooine and took the Skywalker name.

What's interesting is that there's a specific shot in the final film where Rey is burying the Skywalker sabers and only her hands are visible and they very clearly look like a man's hands, possibly Adam Driver's. I remember even the first time I saw that scene I was taken aback because those hands clearly did not belong to Daisy Ridley.
ImageImage
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

JeanGreyForever wrote:So here's a twist.

One of the actors who played one of the Knights of Ren (Juan Bautista) said he saw an ending for TROS a week before the premiere which was completely different. The version he saw had Rey die at the end of the film while Ben survived and he was the one who went to Tatooine and took the Skywalker name.

What's interesting is that there's a specific shot in the final film where Rey is burying the Skywalker sabers and only her hands are visible and they very clearly look like a man's hands, possibly Adam Driver's. I remember even the first time I saw that scene I was taken aback because those hands clearly did not belong to Daisy Ridley.
This story has been proven false. That actor isn't in the credits for the film, it's made up.

https://twitter.com/AdamLanceGarcia/sta ... 5448857600
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

lord-of-sith wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:So here's a twist.

This story has been proven false. That actor isn't in the credits for the film, it's made up.

https://twitter.com/AdamLanceGarcia/sta ... 5448857600
Yeah I'm in shock that they didn't get this actor vetted
before the interview and the show he was on. Apparently his IMDB credits listed him as working on TROS and TLJ so that was enough "proof" lol.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Some bonus features confirmed from Blu-ray.com
- The Skywalker Saga (126 minutes)
- Creating Fighter Jet Chase Sequence
- The Aliens in the Desert
- D-O: The Key to the Past
- Warwick and Children
- Creature Assembly
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/06/oscar-is ... overlords/
Oscar Isaac has basically said that he's unlikely to return to Star Wars. Although a lot of actors say this, I can believe him after his "Disney overlords" remark. It's interesting how many actors are speaking out against Disney now like Sebastian Stan, but at least Oscar Isaac has enough integrity to cut all ties whereas Sebastian Stan still expects a paycheck and future projects.

Meanwhile John Boyega's problematic behavior surfaces again. He's already defended Chris Brown in the past but now he's defending Kobe Bryant and Michael Jackson. I've heard he had a similar tweet about Bill Cosby and R. Kelly.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

4K cover art.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Couldn't they make the cover similar to the covers being used for the other films?!