Linking to Off-Site Images via Flickr

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Linking to Off-Site Images via Flickr

Post by Jules »

I'm sure many of you are aware of the recent Photobucket fiasco, wherein those of us linking to images hosted there for free have pretty much been screwed mercilessly in multiple orifices. :evil:

I'm now experimenting with Flickr, but can't seem to get the images to link properly. I am not sure whether it's something I'm doing wrong or a forum glitch.

I'm trying to link using this test drawing I made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150409677 ... otostream/

I can't get it to embed, even when using the BBCode supplied by Flickr. The forum software keeps telling me that "it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." Pasting the BBCode here impairs me from even posting this successfully. Hence, I must omit it.

Does anyone know whether this is a forum-related problem? Thank you! :)

UPDATE: I'm having the same problem linking to any image url found on Google Image Search using the [img] tags!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Linking to Off-Site Images via Flickr

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The odd thing is it doesn’t seem all photobucket pictures are broken. I see some avatar/sig combos where just one of the pics is screwed up.

Btw, I’m not sure if anyone else can see my images because they’re working for me right now? I’ve already saved everything from my Photobucket account so I’ll be able to transfer everything.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jules wrote:I can't get it to embed, even when using the BBCode supplied by Flickr. The forum software keeps telling me that "it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." Pasting the BBCode here impairs me from even posting this successfully.
First, you need to shorten the automatic BBCode that Flickr provides and just post the image link.

So this:

needs to become this:

Then you need to remove the 's' from the 'https' part. So, your link needs to become this:

After you do this, the image will be properly embedded.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Divinity, I can confirm that your avatar and sig are displaying just fine on this side of the Atlantic. :)

And Sotiris, I remain in awe of your seemingly interminable knowledge. It works now! :D Many thanks!

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's my pleasure. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage