Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by lord-of-sith »

Alleged look at Gal as the wicked queen: https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/status ... 98176?s=20
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

lord-of-sith wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:00 pm Alleged look at Gal as the wicked queen: https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/status ... 98176?s=20
According to Youtuber MmDisney200, who attended the presentation, that image is fake.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

D82 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:06 pm
lord-of-sith wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:00 pm Alleged look at Gal as the wicked queen: https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/status ... 98176?s=20
According to Youtuber MmDisney200, who attended the presentation, that image is fake.
And according to this user who also alleges to have attended the panel, it is real. I did not mean to cause confusion! I suppose we'll see in time :lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

lord-of-sith wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:14 pm And according to this user who also alleges to have attended the panel, it is real. I did not mean to cause confusion! I suppose we'll see in time :lol:
Oh, OK. The person who posted it in the first place, though, got into an argument with MmDisney200 and later deleted all their Tweets including the alleged first look at the Queen, which makes me suspect it was indeed fake. Anyway, it's OK you posted it. It could still be real. We'll have to wait and see, as you said. :)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disney Duster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:55 am
PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:37 am I think all the Walt era remakes are unwatchable. This will be as unnecessary as Pinocchio and Dumbo.

Can’t wait for the Fantasia remake that explains Chernabog’s tragic childhood abuse origin story. I’m sure he’s very misunderstood.
OMG haha!! But do you really find Cinderella unwatchable? It's ok if you do, just wondering if you forgot that one.
It’s probably the most watchable of them all. It deviates enough from the original to be more entertaining. So yeah you’re right there’s an exception :)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:14 am RACHEL ZEGLER: Yeah, she's not gonna be saved by the prince and she's not gonna be dreaming about true love.
I guess that means no Someday My Prince Will Come and no I'm Wishing/One Song? They're cutting the best songs! :(
D82 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:36 pmThe person who posted it in the first place, though, got into an argument with MmDisney200 and later deleted all their Tweets including the alleged first look at the Queen, which makes me suspect it was indeed fake.
I think it's fake too because they revealed the Evil Queen would be wearing black lipstick but she's wearing red in that image.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I would like to think they wouldn't cut the songs, but I feel less sure these days.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pmIt’s probably the most watchable of them all. It deviates enough from the original to be more entertaining. So yeah you’re right there’s an exception :)
Yay! And I don't mean to be pesky, but what about The Jungle Book?

Sotiris, you're so right, they are cutting the best songs! And "Someday My Prince Will Come" is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' most iconic song!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disney Duster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:46 pm
PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pmIt’s probably the most watchable of them all. It deviates enough from the original to be more entertaining. So yeah you’re right there’s an exception :)
Yay! And I don't mean to be pesky, but what about The Jungle Book?
It’s ok. I sort of forgot about it for the most part. Visually it’s stunning, but it mostly just reminds you how good the original is.

Plus, cutting My Own Home was an odd choice because it’s what’s so good about the original. A bittersweet ending.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pm
Disney Duster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:55 am
OMG haha!! But do you really find Cinderella unwatchable? It's ok if you do, just wondering if you forgot that one.
It’s probably the most watchable of them all. It deviates enough from the original to be more entertaining. So yeah you’re right there’s an exception :)
I must confess, I used to think that Beauty and the Beast was the best remake so far, but I've come to appreciate Cinderella more and more. In my opinion, it has that fairy tale quality to it, because the filmmakers did not decide to make everything super realistic. Plus Ella's dress is so beautiful...she looks like a fairy tale princess, very much like the original Cinderella. I also love Lily James' portrayal of the character. The original Cinderella, like Snow White, is pretty much the nicest, loveliest person that has ever lived, which makes the abuse she takes from her stepfamily, all the more heartbreaking, and Lily James' performance managed to capture the essence of the character. My only complaint would be that it's not a musical. I would have loved to hear her sing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" in the movie. Her rendition during the ending credits is lovely.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:48 pm I guess that means no Someday My Prince Will Come and no I'm Wishing/One Song? They're cutting the best songs! :(
I think "I'm Wishing" will be cut with the excuse that it's not iconic enough. I could see "One Song" being sung by David Burnap's character later in the film when he and Snow White fall in love, but it's also likely to be cut as well. "Someday My Prince Will Come" is very iconic and it's difficult to imagine it being discarded, but they would have to change the lyrics completely, even the title, and that also seems unlikely, so who knows, maybe it won't be in the film after all.
Sotiris wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:48 pm I think it's fake too because they revealed the Evil Queen would be wearing black lipstick but she's wearing red in that image.
The person who posted it has now posted another "leak" which is clearly fake, so most likely the Snow White one is too. Regarding the Queen wearing black lipstick, I'm a bit surprised by that choice. I hope she doesn't look like a Goth.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Mother of all fairies? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:31 am
PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pm

I must confess, I used to think that Beauty and the Beast was the best remake so far, but I've come to appreciate Cinderella more and more. In my opinion, it has that fairy tale quality to it, because the filmmakers did not decide to make everything super realistic. Plus Ella's dress is so beautiful...she looks like a fairy tale princess, very much like the original Cinderella. I also love Lily James' portrayal of the character. The original Cinderella, like Snow White, is pretty much the nicest, loveliest person that has ever lived, which makes the abuse she takes from her stepfamily, all the more heartbreaking, and Lily James' performance managed to capture the essence of the character. My only complaint would be that it's not a musical. I would have loved to hear her sing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" in the movie. Her rendition during the ending credits is lovely.
YAY! So PatrickvD and Vlad are showing my favorite live-action movie of all time so much love! Thank you, guys!

Vlad, I'm actually glad Cinderella wasn't a musical because I wanted the first long feature-length straight telling (The Glass Slipper has ballet sequences lol). But if they did add music, I would want it to be Alan Menken tunes that were better than the Tin Pan Alley ones.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:41 amRegarding the Queen wearing black lipstick, I'm a bit surprised by that choice. I hope she doesn't look like a Goth.
I'm a bit worried about the black lipstick as well. I think a red shade would work much better for the character and it would be closer to the Queen's iconic look from the original.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I don’t get the whole black lipstick thing at all.
Red lips 👄 are Queen Grimhilde’s style.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:54 am
Vlad, I'm actually glad Cinderella wasn't a musical because I wanted the first long feature-length straight telling (The Glass Slipper has ballet sequences lol). But if they did add music, I would want it to be Alan Menken tunes that were better than the Tin Pan Alley ones.
I get that. And yeah, Alan Menken's music in Cinderella would have been so much fun :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:33 amI get that. And yeah, Alan Menken's music in Cinderella would have been so much fun :)
:D
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

How Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot bonded during 'Snow White'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVG2U42KWWU
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Gal Gadot is going to be the best thing about this movie. I do love Rachel Zegler, but Gal steals the show in any movie she appears.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Rachel Zegler on Snow White, Spielberg, and the Time Lady Gaga Fixed Her Wardrobe Malfunction
“People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White, where it’s like, yeah, it is—because it needed that. It’s an 85-year-old cartoon, and our version is a refreshing story about a young woman who has a function beyond ‘Someday My Prince Will Come.’ ”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... -lady-gaga