Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

People make judgment calls for films all the time, estefan. After all, why would studios make advertisements at all if people weren't meant to make the judgment call on whether to see them or not? Nobody on earth is going to see every movie ever made because "you can't judge whether you like it or not without seeing it first." It's true that films can sometimes surprise, but we still use adverts to make decisions. And that's even more the case here, since I don't approach the remakes the same way I would original films even. With the Disney remakes, after so many now, there is clear indicator of whether the movie will be bad or not, since the remakes that are the least faithful have been the most awful (Mulan). It's alright if you don't feel the same way about that film. That said, both critics and audiences hated Mulan 2020, so I don't feel alone in that opinion.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

veu wrote:Have you seen this?

https://i.imgur.com/jyuArS0.jpg
Nadia Stacey, the film's Hair & Makeup Designer, has revealed on Instagram that illustration was made by an artist called Soleil Jackson and commisioned by her as a gift for her crew.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Gal Gadot and Rachel Zegler presented Snow White:
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, I liked the logo. It was a much better logo than the one for Mermaid.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Fans were treated to the first look at Disney’s live-action “Snow White” remake at the D23 Expo on Friday, revealing Rachel Zegler in the role of the first-ever Disney princess.

The 30-second teaser opened with the Evil Queen’s iconic question to her magic mirror. Snow White dons her signature costume in the footage, which ends with her dropping the poisoned apple.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:15 pm Well, I liked the logo. It was a much better logo than the one for Mermaid.
I agree. It's the same that was revealed recently thanks to a crew gift, but apparently they've given it some texture.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/statu ... f1gMQrAAAA

robster16 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:16 pm From the Hollywood Reporter:

Fans were treated to the first look at Disney’s live-action “Snow White” remake at the D23 Expo on Friday, revealing Rachel Zegler in the role of the first-ever Disney princess.

The 30-second teaser opened with the Evil Queen’s iconic question to her magic mirror. Snow White dons her signature costume in the footage, which ends with her dropping the poisoned apple.
Thanks for the info!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I like the marble-like pattern of the logo, but I can't stand the two words being so close together! It makes it seem like her name is Snowwhite instead of Snow White.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I liked it better when it was solid white, it was stark on the black background, but at least the overall shape of the logo didn't change unlike TLM's new, horrid logo.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

robster16 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:16 pm From the Hollywood Reporter:

Most likely, these footage will be shown in next year's teaser trailer.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Highlights and full recording of the Snow White presentation (except the teaser, of course) and red-carpet interview with Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I don't know if this interview was posted:
https://youtu.be/9tyxeuN4hBo
Interviewer: You've told me before that your version of Snow White is different and it's more of a 2022 version of Snow White. What did you mean by that?

Rachel: I mean, you know, the original cartoon came out in 1937 and very evidently so, there is a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her... weird... weird. So we didn't do this this time.

Interviewer: So no prince or a different kind of prince?

Rachel: We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people assume is a love story just because we cast a guy in the movie, Andrew Burnap, great dude. It's one of those things I think everyone's gonna have their assumptions about what it's actually going to be, but it's really not about the love story at all, which is really really wonderful, and whether or not she finds love along the way is anybody's guess until 2024, all of Andrew's scenes could get, who knows? It's Hollywood, baby. But it's an inner journey that she goes on to find her true self and she meets a lot of people along the way that make the journey really incredible.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:16 pmRachel: I mean, you know, the original cartoon came out in 1937 and very evidently so, there is a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her... weird... weird. So we didn't do this this time.
:lol: Are these people for real? First they claim Prince Phillip violated Aurora with a non-consensual kiss and now they claim Snow White's prince stalked her? Are they too simple-minded to understand context or are they pretending to be? There's no way a reasonable person could watch the film and view the prince's courtship as stalking.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Back in 1937, when the movie was released, the concept of love at first sight was common in movies, and i think audiences were not as cynical as they are today, and accepted it a lot more than they do today. But, Rachel's view on the movie is just hilarious. It's like she never watched the movie. :lol: :lol: :lol:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

But that’s not the story of Smow White!
Why not start from scratch if they want to make a movie about a “warrior princess”?
But don’t change everything about a beloved classic and then still call it “Snow White”.
I’ll never watch this crap!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I think all the Walt era remakes are unwatchable. This will be as unnecessary as Pinocchio and Dumbo.

Can’t wait for the Fantasia remake that explains Chernabog’s tragic childhood abuse origin story. I’m sure he’s very misunderstood.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Sotiris wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 am
Farerb wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:16 pmRachel: I mean, you know, the original cartoon came out in 1937 and very evidently so, there is a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her... weird... weird. So we didn't do this this time.
:lol: Are these people for real? First they claim Prince Phillip violated Aurora with a non-consensual kiss and now they claim Snow White's prince stalked her? Are they too simple-minded to understand context or are they pretending to be? There's no way a reasonable person could watch the film and view the prince's courtship as stalking.
These kind of quotes from movie stars have become so predictable that I do believe they are aware how ludicrous they sound, but have rather limited options on how to express themselves without raising somebody's ire, so they choose the lesser of two evils.

Am I being too generous in my assessment? :P
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

PatrickvD wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:37 am I think all the Walt era remakes are unwatchable. This will be as unnecessary as Pinocchio and Dumbo.

Can’t wait for the Fantasia remake that explains Chernabog’s tragic childhood abuse origin story. I’m sure he’s very misunderstood.
OMG haha!! But do you really find Cinderella unwatchable? It's ok if you do, just wondering if you forgot that one.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks for sharing that, Farerb! I've been watching interviews from D23 the last few days and Rachel Zegler revealed a lot of details about the film in them. Here are some more things revealed by her and Gal Gadot:

• It seems they're doing something similar to what they did in the Cinderella remake with Cinderella's mother's words being very important to her and a guidance on how to live her life, but with Snow White's father this time.
You said you were bringing a modern edge to it on stage, what do you mean by that?

RACHEL ZEGLER: I just mean that it’s no longer 1937 and we absolutely wrote a Snow White that is…

GAL GADOT: She's not gonna be saved by the prince.

RACHEL ZEGLER: Yeah, she's not gonna be saved by the prince and she's not gonna be dreaming about true love. She's dreaming about becoming the leader she knows she can be and the leader that her late father told her that she could be if she was fearless, fear, brave and true. And so, it's just a really incredible story for I think young people everywhere to see themselves in.
Source: https://youtu.be/2RVg3yetTE4?t=102

• There'll be brand new characters in this version. I'm not sure if Rachel Zegler refers to the magical creatures or completely new ones. I think Snow White will probably meet different people from the kingdom, and she'll learn how much they're suffering under the Queen's reign and that will motivate her to fight for them and reclaim the throne. That also happened in MIrror Mirror. I think they've taken inspiration from it and Snow White & the Huntsman for some things. The prince being like a Robin Hood type character, for example, was in Kristen Stewart's movie.
It's amazing, we've got brand new music, brand new costumes, brand new characters, which is so exciting for me because I think the new characters add so much to the movie.
Source: https://youtu.be/Yw38HhW2oAE?t=16
“In 1937, the cartoon [Snow White and the Seven Dwarves] was so focused on her finding true love, and it’s not even in her mind at all in this film,” Zegler (West Side Story), 21, tells us Friday at Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., where she was joined by co-star Gal Gadot (watch above).

“She’s so focused in becoming the leader that her father tells her that she can be. And she’s really trying to find the courage to stand up to the Evil Queen [Gadot] and how to find her own agency and rule a kingdom. And she meets so many incredible people along the way. And maybe she finds love. Maybe she finds friendship. But what’s really important is that she finds her own voice.”
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the ... 44076.html

• "Whistle While You Work" will be in the movie. I thought it wouldn't, but it's likely the lyrics have been changed.
What was the most challenging and also fun part about playing Snow White?

The entire sequence of "Whistle While You Work". And when you see the film you'll know why.

I'll be like "that one time Rachel told me about that".

Yeah, she WAS whistling and she WAS working.
Source: https://youtu.be/XQeurScqh-I?t=134

• She teases there'll be musical collaborations with an up-and-coming singer-songwriter:
I get to sing incredible new music by Pasek and Paul. There are some incredible collaborations on that music too, which I'm excited about but I don't think I can say, but it has to do with one of my favorite up-and-coming singer-songwriters.
Source: https://youtu.be/ZWY9Kj54Dnk?t=85

• Gal Gadot also talked a bit about creating her character:
"I wanted to make sure that we keep her delightful and delicious, and we understand what makes her tick. Then the evilness is interesting, and not just flat," she says.

"For me," adds Gadot, "it was making sure the Queen is not just evil for the sake of being evil. There is a complexity. Between the two characters, it's like a mother-daughter relationship in a weird way. It's what happens to a woman when she feels like she's not relevant anymore, what can come out of her."
Source: https://people.com/movies/gal-gadot-on- ... exclusive/

• She also talked about playing the old hag and confirmed she sings and dances in the movie:
Gadot: "We did not see the clip, so I still haven't seen anything. But when I was in makeup, just like she [Rachel Zegler], we got to work with such an amazing crew and it was the best it could ever be.I must say for me the transition for the Old Hag was incredible because it was all real prosthetics."

Zegler: "You were in the chair for like four hours."

Gadot: "Four hours. And changing the voice and everything. I feel so lucky that I got to play something that is so far from what I know and what I'm used to. And I super super enjoyed every second of it."
Source: https://thedirect.com/article/gal-gadot ... queen-role
"It was amazing. It was an amazing experience. First of all, I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to play the first iconic villain ever. And to tell her story and to get into her shoes, I'm honored to do that. And it was great.

She's so much different than anything that I have ever played before. And it was great to explore all of those differences, and to sing, and to dance. It was just delicious. And I enjoyed every moment with it."
Source: https://thedirect.com/article/gal-gadot ... queen-role

• Also, apparently, the Queen will wear black lipstick:
While her character's look has yet to be revealed, Gadot teases that she managed to spook other on set when dressed in her "heavy as hell" costume.

"Just to be able to be that character and feel what it makes other people feel," she explains. "Usually I make people talk to me, open and comfortable. With this one, I truly felt people were intimidated by me."

"Yeah. It's very intimidating," agrees Zegler, 21. "And it was also the black lipstick, it was the nails, it was the lashes."

"Everything was very, not aggressive, but it was very intimidating. But to be that character just feels great, because you feel like it's effective in the story," adds Gadot, who says it was "enjoyable" to play a fairy tale villain and "go bigger, to be more theatrical, to speak through your body, and to do all those things."
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Alleged look at Gal as the wicked queen: https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/status ... 98176?s=20