The new Princesses being excluded from the lineup

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: The new Princesses being excluded from the lineup

Post by Vlad »

What controversies? The true love's kiss thing?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I’m sure all future Snow White merch will be based on the Woke live action version. The real Snow White, Walt Disney’s original Princess and the fairest of them all, will be canceled and relegated to the dustbin of history. I’m certain Aurora will follow. Thank goodness Cinderella didn’t fall asleep at the ball!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:17 amWhat controversies? The true love's kiss thing?
The true love's kiss, the dwarfs being accused of perpetuating offensive stereotypes about little people, Snow White being seen as domestic and passive and a bad role model for little girls... The activists have long been gunning for that film.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Snow White, a bad role model for little girls? She's the nicest, kindest, sweetest Princess ever. How can that be a bad role model?! My God, people are imbeciles. And the dwarfs are offensive stereotypes for little people???? That's stupid.

Anyways, I don't think Disney will cancel Snow White. For God's sake, it's the movie that built the company! There are a lot of fans of her all over the Internet. In fact, I met one of my very dear friends, because we share a mutual love for her, lol. I also saw on Instagram that Disney will release a very beautiful Snow White sculpture for their 100th anniversary later this year (around the fall). I think she's going to be around for a while.
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove slur
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:13 amSnow White, a bad role model for little girls? She's the nicest, kindest, sweetest Princess ever. How can that be a bad role model?! My God, people are imbeciles. And the dwarfs are offensive stereotypes for little people???? That's stupid.
Unfortunately, as a society we have moved away from thoughtful analysis about art of the past that takes into account cultural complexities and socio-historical context in order to deepen our understanding of artistic expression and now we seek to destroy, hide or censor past art we deem problematic and label the people who enjoy it or find it worthwhile as bad.
Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:13 amThere are a lot of fans of her all over the Internet. In fact, I met one of my very dear friends, because we share a mutual love for her, lol. I also saw on Instagram that Disney will release a very beautiful Snow White sculpture for their 100th anniversary later this year (around the fall). I think she's going to be around for a while.
Apparently, Disney recently refused to approve a Snow White Lego set which fanned the flames of those fears among fans.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/why-the-l ... -rejected/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

This is dumb. Are they going to change their building as well?!?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:13 am Anyways, I don't think Disney will cancel Snow White.
Nah, nothing's going to happen. This is just scaremongering. In the Wish thread, the recent news is they took reference for SW in some ways for the design. I think the only things Disney has censored in the recent past are the centaur in Fantasia (and that happened several decades ago, I believe?) and the LGBT content in some of their most recent films, which thankfully they've stopped doing now. :D Oh, I think there was a scene in Lilo & Stitch where Lilo hides in the dryer that they took out for safety reasons?

Looking back at the year before (it was on a different page, so I didn't open it right away. :lol: The pages take a while to load now, which makes me lazy.), Aurora's numbers aren't down much like I initially thought (42 - 37). SW's numbers aren't that much bigger either (47 - 66)? I assume if there's a little more, it's in preparation for the remake as well as the 100th anniversary (which would mean a lot of callbacks to the first animated film) next year.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Do you think this new artwork of Asha is indicative of how her 2D clipart will look like when she gets inducted into the Disney Princess franchise?

Source: https://allears.net/2023/11/01/a-new-ch ... -in-epcot/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxxI231TNI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEyqW944n10
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Hmm... Maybe.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:14 amDo you think this new artwork of Asha is indicative of how her 2D clipart will look like when she gets inducted into the Disney Princess franchise?
Perhaps. It`s not unthinkable. However, while I like the atwork, her face is still drawn in an uneven way. She looks a little cross-eyed and her lips doesn`t look even with her jaw. But it`s still a cute drawing, despite how it looks fanmade.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Yeah, her eyes and eyebrows are not symmetrical. The rest of her looks good though!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't know what you guys are talking about. She looks perfectly fine.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I see it too.
One of her eyes is wonky.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That artwork kinda looks like the ones Disney used for the 100th anniversary steelbooks.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

It appears Anastasia is coming to Disney Parks -- sort of. Dylan Bonner is creating several new pieces to be exhibited at the Epcot's Festival of the Arts, and he posted a sneak peek of one of them:

I don't know if this is indicative of plans to have her join the line (one of the other sneak peeks features Queen Amidala and we know for certain Disney won't go there with her) or just a fun project, but it's still cool. Can't wait to see the final pic.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

With the bit of attention Disney is giving to the movie throughout the years, I sincerely hope Anastasia becomes an offical Disney Princess, like SERIOUSLY PLSSSSSS DISNEY! SHE’S SUCH A GOOD ADDITION TO THE LINE!!! :biting:

However, I do have some theories as to why Disney is hesitant to bring her in. One is that the Disney Princess line is in chronological order and since they already passed the year 1997, have princesses after that year, and 20th Century Fox/Studios was bought a bit recently, they feel like they couldn’t do that anymore. Second is that is she were to be in the parks, they have to adress the difference between Fox’s Anastasia and Cinderella’s step-sister Anastasia.*

But you know what, screw those theories because I really think she should be in it. At least that would be another good thing to happen in Disney’s 100th anniversary.

(*Side note, if they were to interact with each other, it would be a diss battle with Anastasia telling the people that she’s better than her or something and Anastasia would maturely handle the situation and say something snarky or sassy to her, making Anastasia get roasted! Hehehehehhe rotfl)
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea by Joe Hisashi (Song)
2. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. Shin Megami Tensei V (Video Game)
5. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Disney released a mug for the 25th anniversary of Anastasia last year as well. I don’t think there are plans for her to join the line, but who knows? Maybe if they continue to release merch and she sells really well, she’ll be inducted.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I believe this is the first official Disney Princess group illustration where Raya is included.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lLCPEStBcQ
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Sotiris wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:51 pm I believe this is the first official Disney Princess group illustration where Raya is included.
She doesn’t look particularly happy to be there.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Elladorine wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:50 pm
Sotiris wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:51 pm I believe this is the first official Disney Princess group illustration where Raya is included.
She doesn’t look particularly happy to be there.
You're not wrong lol