The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Re: The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

Post by singerguy04 »

Sebastian (I'm assuming) pops up a few times too. They're going to more of a realism look for the animals it seems.

That collar and sleeve on Ursula. They really are going for more of a glam for her it seems. Does anyone know if they're going for a Triton and Ursula sibling rivalry story this time around? The animated movie cut it out, but the Broadway show kept it.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I don't think they are, since it seems that they're doing a Romeo and Juliet / West Side Story take on the story.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Ariel and her sisters in better resolution:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The sisters' tails are similar to ones that were spotted on set:

Source: https://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery ... /fullsize/

By the way, Ursula's collar looks a bit like what she has on her head in the concept art for the original film below. Perhaps it's part of her body the same way Ariel and her sisters' tops seem to be part of their bodies in this version.

singerguy04 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:10 pm Sebastian (I'm assuming) pops up a few times too. They're going to more of a realism look for the animals it seems.
Yes, you're right. I didn't mention him because we already saw what he would look like in a book cover.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

robster16 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 am It's ... a doll! A promotional toy, made of plastic.
Um...I already know it's a doll that isn't always an accurate reflection...since I had just said the Ariel doll's tail looks better than what's in the film (as seen from the teaser trailer and poster). I haven't seen the leaked trailer, so no comment on the rest of your post.

I like the drawings from the coloring book of all the characters. Except none of it looks like The Little Mermaid to me, but like some original film that also stars mermaids. Like a Barbies mermaid movie. Like singerguy04 said, it looks like they want Ursula not to look big... If they (the people that make the costumes) thought she looked glamorous this way, they clearly don't know the word. At least the tentacles are fairly long there, in a different sort of way; at first, I thought it looked more like they were trying to translate Morgana from the DTV sequel. :lol: It looks like a weird mix of the Stepmother and the Queen...when the character's supposed to look like Ursula. :roll: Ugh. Still don't like the light blue outfit with the pink shoes (that's the same one seen on the Funko Pop leak). Personally, I think the designs for most of the sisters' tails look better than Ariel's. Most of the extra adornments on theirs come out from the hips or where the upper legs would be, whereas the extraneous stuff they added to Ariel's mermaid half is all right above the fins. The sister above Triton has the tail design I’d prefer Ariel had if they weren’t going to let the tail be simplistic.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

If this is what Ursula will look like, this I actually like:

I like the fringe sticking out of her collar and sleeves. It really is glam like singerguy04 said, and a little like that concept art like D82 said, but they way it all looks, fringe, collar, and sleeves...I find it prettier than what I feared it would look like.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:47 pm If this is what Ursula will look like, this I actually like:

I like the fringe sticking out of her collar and sleeves. It really is glam like singerguy04 said, and a little like that concept art like D82 said, but they way it all looks, fringe, collar, and sleeves...I find it prettier than what I feared it would look like.
Ohhhh, yes!!! She needs to have big, menacing tentacles. I love the collar too.
Disney's Divinity

I guess I've never liked the Evil Queen's design much anyway--even for the Queen--much less for it to be imitated on Ursula. Ursula and Cruella were always the glamorous villainesses, whereas Tremaine, Maleficent, and the Queen were cold and regal, and that doesn't suit Ursula at all to me. But the tentacles at least did look longer, there's that.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I keep reading on Facebook and Instagram that there is a better quality version of the leaked trailer online. I've looked for it, but with no luck. Did you guys see it?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Yes, it's the same leak but it's a little bit brighter.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Farerb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:53 am Yes, it's the same leak but it's a little bit brighter.
Any chance you could link me to it?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The cover for the tie-in prequel novel has been revealed and the first chapter is available to read here. There's not much new info in it, but apparently the name of the sister we heard was called India is actually Indira.

Doesn't Ariel look a bit like Beyoncé here?

Source: https://books.disney.com/book/the-littl ... -the-tide/
Disney's Divinity

I actually really like that picture, particularly the way the hair looks there, although it makes her look a little too old. I don't like the little red stuff on the back of the tail either.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think that picture is beautiful, too.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

D82 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:37 pm The cover for the tie-in prequel novel has been revealed and the first chapter is available to read here. There's not much new info in it, but apparently the name of the sister we heard was called India is actually Indira.

This looks beautiful.

Apparently, the trailer for the movie and a new official poster will be revealed on Super Bowl Sunday. Whether it is the leaked trailer or not, I have no idea.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

D82 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:37 pm The cover for the tie-in prequel novel has been revealed and the first chapter is available to read here. There's not much new info in it, but apparently the name of the sister we heard was called India is actually Indira.

This looks beautiful.

Apparently, the trailer for the movie and a new official poster will be revealed on Super Bowl Sunday. Whether it is the leaked trailer or not, I have no idea.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I watched the leaked trailer (found the bright one with decent quality) and I'm very excited for Melissa's portrayal. Seems very creepy and her voice is awesome. Halle sounds and looks great from what I can see as well. Will be interesting to hear the singing for Ursula and Triton, but Rob Marshall usually gets decent singing out of his actors, or at least doesn't hang them out to dry (pardon the pun).
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

D82 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:37 pmDoesn't Ariel look a bit like Beyoncé here?
A little bit. Perhaps she`s not identical, but she does resemble Beyoncé a bit :)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/auditions/#12674
Disneyland Resort - ONLINE SUBMISSIONS: Character Look-Alikes: Live-Action ARIEL

For: Disneyland Resort
Looking For: Disney Character Look-Alikes
Sunday, February 12, 2023
11:59 PM

...Candidates who are 5’2”-5’6” with warm, engaging, and outgoing personalities to portray:

ARIEL: An inquisitive and daring mermaid princess, Ariel is fascinated by the world of humans. Whether she’s on land or under the sea, she’s eager to connect her two worlds, knowing they aren’t so different after all. Ariel appears as depicted in the upcoming live-action adaption of The Little Mermaid.
And WDW, too:
Walt Disney World ONLINE SUBMISSIONS: Disney Character Look-alikes: Live-Action Ariel - Open 1/20/23 - 2/5/23

For: Walt Disney World
Looking For: Disney Character Look-Alikes
Sunday, February 05, 2023
08:00 PM
(same criteria)
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

So do you think white Ariel will be “retired” until the hype about black Ariel starts to subside? Or will white and black Ariel take turns meeting guests, appearing in parades, character meals, etc?

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I just hope guests don’t become unhinged when the mermaid they’re expecting to meet isn’t available...