Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Frozen 2

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:ImageImage
These character descriptions sound really intriguing, especially the part about Elsa discovering the life she was meant to live. I wonder what life they're referring to. They also seem to confirm that Anna will be separated from the rest of the group during the adventure.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, it's good to finally get some more information. But the description pretty much reveals what was actually expected by the plot; That Elsa will head on to a journey to find about her powers and stop a curse that will befall her kingdom. Predictable to figure it out, huh? :)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

They look like they were walking in a catwalk-mode, hahaha! :P
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

They look so pretty.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan09 wrote:They look like they were walking in a catwalk-mode, hahaha! :P
:lol: It's true! It's not bad for a teaser poster, though.

By the way, Josh Gad has twitted this accompanied by a GIF from the teaser:
You all have NO idea.
Source: https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1135649954645647361

Could that mean a new trailer is coming or something?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Could that mean a new trailer is coming or something?
Yes, I think the theatrical trailer is coming soon.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

My guess is it will be with TLK. I think that's Disney's next major release, anyway. Have barely been keeping track.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

nachonaco wrote:My guess is it will be with TLK. I think that's Disney's next major release, anyway. Have barely been keeping track.
I think it will play in front of 'Toy Story 4' in two weeks.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

Old Fish Tale wrote:
nachonaco wrote:My guess is it will be with TLK. I think that's Disney's next major release, anyway. Have barely been keeping track.
I think it will play in front of 'Toy Story 4' in two weeks.
OH HEY yeah that too.

For some reason I got the release dates for the two mixed up.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

nice...curious to see if they keep the posters more mature in the US as well. The US posters for the first film were pretty awful. Who could forget serial killer Olaf and his collection of severed heads. :lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

According to The DisInsider, the tagline of the Japanese poster is: "Why was Elsa given powers?".
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

IN THE PIPELINE: Brand New ‘Frozen 2’ Trailer Finally On The Way?
https://trailer-track.com/2019/06/07/in ... n-the-way/
It seems like, at last, we may be getting a brand new look at Disney’s Frozen 2 this month. What appears to be a brand new trailer for the sequel to the 2013 hit has been rated today by the UK’s BBFC. If this is indeed a fresh look, it will no doubt debut in time for Toy Story 4 later this month – if this is the case, expect it online in the next two weeks. As always, we will update as soon as we receive more info.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Thank God! :lol:

The four symbols on the poster are indeed earth, fire, air and water. So, Elsa is water. Anna must be wind, according to the leak stickers. I wonder if the reindeer portion on the teaser must mean Kristoff is Earth. Or maybe the Queen is. The villain could be fire.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b60e6945c97 ... l_1280.jpg

More "confirmation" that Frozen 2 is about their parents and debunking of lesbian Elsa.

https://super-mam-te-moc.tumblr.com/pos ... a-wont-get
https://66.media.tumblr.com/6c86dc35718 ... 3u_540.png
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:The four symbols on the poster are indeed earth, fire, air and water. So, Elsa is water. Anna must be wind, according to the leak stickers.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand it could be interesting to see other people with powers and delve into the mythology of where these powers came from; on the other, it kind of makes Elsa less special.
disneyprincess11 wrote:More "confirmation" that Frozen 2 is about their parents and debunking of lesbian Elsa.
I never believed that. It was too far-fetched. Disney wouldn't do anything to jeopardize one of their most lucrative franchises.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

disneyprincess11 wrote:The four symbols on the poster are indeed earth, fire, air and water. So, Elsa is water. Anna must be wind, according to the leak stickers. I wonder if the reindeer portion on the teaser must mean Kristoff is Earth. Or maybe the Queen is. The villain could be fire.
So basically this may as well be Disney's answer to Avatar: The Last Airbender? Okay I'll take it, I really loved the teaser trailer after all.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

More "confirmation" that Frozen 2 is about their parents and debunking of lesbian Elsa.
It's not the lesbian part that throws me off. It's the fact that a lot tumblr generation fans think that Elsa can easily move into a romance. Before the release of Frozen, I was Team Hans, but now that actual movie has been simmering in my mind, Elsa doesn't seem ready for romance. At least, from my personal perspective, living an isolated, emotionally turbulent life doesn't make you romantically available. I think Lee and Buck want to showcase Elsa with some realism behind her psychology. If she's not ready, she's not ready.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sounds more like Elsa has no love interest at all rather than a male love interest. I’ve always said it wouldn’t bother me if she stays single, has a male love interest, a female love interest, whatever. Elsa’s an interesting character regardless of whether she has a romance. You can tell from the enormously positive reception to the teaser trailer that people are more interested to see the sisters on an adventure than in a love story.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

single Elsa really is the best safest outcome for Disney. The lesbian angle would be too controversial for conservatives, any boyfriend angle(never mind Helsa) would anger progressives.

I think its sad that the creators are going to be so creatively stifled in what direction they can take the characters solely b/c of how many fans feel they "own" the characters and feel they are entitled to directing whats best for them. Even if Jen Lee (or whomever) felt that a hetero relationship was the next best step for Elsa she would be unable to go forth with it b/c of the controversy it would create. Its kinda the same with Hans, its possible that they'd come to the conclusion that maybe a redemption story line would really work for the character, but they would be unable to go forth with it due to the sheer shitstorm it would create. In many ways Frozen is a victim if its own success, at least artistically.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:Its kinda the same with Hans, its possible that they'd come to the conclusion that maybe a redemption story line would really work for the character, but they would be unable to go forth with it due to the sheer shitstorm it would create. In many ways Frozen is a victim if its own success, at least artistically.
Back in 2014, Santino Fontana said the writers wanted to redeem him in the sequel. Maybe the reason you mentioned is why they didn't move forward with the idea.