Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney has announced a documentary series about the making of the film titled "Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2" will premiere on Disney+. According to Jennifer Lee, the name of the series is also the title of one of the film's songs:
Disney is pulling back the curtain to give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the making of "Frozen 2."

The company has commissioned "Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2," a documentary series chronicling the making of the "Frozen" sequel, Walt Disney Animation Studios chief creative officer Jennifer Lee announced to investors Thursday. The documentary series will premiere on Disney+, the company's upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service launching later this year.

Lee described the series as real and raw, saying that it "showcases our collaborative environment in a way we have never shared before." It focuses on the cast, music team and other teams involved in the production of the film.

"Nothing is off limits," she said.

Lee teased that "Into the Unknown" is also the title of a song in "Frozen 2."
Source: https://abc7.com/entertainment/disney-a ... 2/5244156/

A clip from the movie was also shown as part of a presentation for the streaming service:
A clip shown Thursday as part of a presentation for the Disney Plus streaming video service gave us a glimpse of Anna kneeling before Olaf, who says in a worried voice, "I don't think Elsa's OK."

We also hear a voice-over of a troll saying, "You must find the truth."

It's the first clip to feature the actors' voices, with the original trailer featuring only the film's music.
Source : https://www.cnet.com/news/in-disney-plu ... -not-okay/
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Awesome news! :pink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Thanks for the info, D82. The docu-series feels like it was meant to be a feature-length making-of that was needlessly chopped up into episodes just so it can be released on Disney+.

Here's the logo, by the way.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyExaminer/stat ... 4907617281
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New image. It's weird that Anna is looking at us instead of where the rest of the characters are.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwhA-S4gtfn/
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Expo Disney Brazil happens this week and I would expect new images to drop. Shame it's invitation only and I did not get in :p
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It's weird that Anna is looking at us instead of where the rest of the characters are.
Yes, that's a bit strange. And it's curious that the same thing happens in the stickers you posted. Probably because it was based on the same design, but I wonder if it means something. I'm also curious about the slogan "Believe in the journey". What could it mean?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I love the art on new stickers! Ive seen more pics of them on tumblr, and its interesting that these all focus on the original group with none of the new characters appearing. Usually new characters appear immediately all over the merch of a new Disney/Pixar sequel(think of the Toy Story sequels numerous new characters or the ones from the Wreck it Ralph sequel) so I wonder if the earliest set of merch for Frozen 2 will focus on the old cast so that nothing gets spoiled by the merch leaks that are sure to come online.

Also noticed there seems to be a lot of emphasis on the "journey" aspect. Makes me wonder if the actual traveling segment to wherever they are going to is going to be more important and comprise the bulk of the screen time more than the actual final destination.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:Also noticed there seems to be a lot of emphasis on the "journey" aspect. Makes me wonder if the actual traveling segment to wherever they are going to is going to be more important and comprise the bulk of the screen time more than the actual final destination.
Maybe they're not only referring to the journey itself, but also to the emotional journey the characters will have to experience. Anyway, I think a big part of the movie will probably be spent on the literal journey.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to the official Facebook page of MTV Music Poland, Demi Lovato will be singing the end credit song for Frozen 2 called "Farewell Song".
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm glad they brought Demi back for this.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Paul Briggs wrote:Was lucky to sit in on a Frozen2 animation dailies session this morning - oh my...our animators are insanely talented.
Source: https://twitter.com/_paul_briggs_/statu ... 2618253313

Source: https://twitter.com/_paul_briggs_/statu ... 2618253313
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm not really clued into what schedules are like for animated movies, but it feels like this one is really behind ? I follow one of the animators on instagram and he said they are now just starting to get busy with it. . . which feels like it is really late ? Or is this usual.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Atlantica wrote:I'm not really clued into what schedules are like for animated movies, but it feels like this one is really behind ? I follow one of the animators on instagram and he said they are now just starting to get busy with it. . . which feels like it is really late ? Or is this usual.
The first "Frozen" was also animating and still finalising the story in the year of its release. Elsa's character was especially changed quite a bit only several months before the movie was released. "For the First Time in Forever" wasn't even written until the summer of 2013. Animation is a slow process, so I don't think this is quite that unusual, especially if the directors feel something needs to be changed. I always think of how "Wall-E" changed its ending even after the original climax was almost fully animated.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

that's also due to them using CGI. That's one of the reasons CGI is much preferred over hand-drawn animation by the big studios, stuff can be easily and quickly added or changed in the last minute.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:That's one of the reasons CGI is much preferred over hand-drawn animation by the big studios, stuff can be easily and quickly added or changed in the last minute.
It depends on the "stuff". If it's changing the camera angle, sure but if it's something like adding a new character, it's definitely not. Modeling, rigging and animating is much more time consuming than its hand-drawn equivalent.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

estefan wrote:I always think of how "Wall-E" changed its ending even after the original climax was almost fully animated.
What was the original ending of WALL-E like?
ImageImage
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

JeanGreyForever wrote:What was the original ending of WALL-E like?
You can see it on the Blu-Ray/DVD. Originally, Eve would be the one broken and Wall-E was going to save her in the climax. This scene had already been animated and sections even fully rendered (a bit even made it into the theatrical trailer) until Andrew Stanton decided at the last minute that Eve saving Wall-E would make for a stronger ending.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

estefan wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:What was the original ending of WALL-E like?
You can see it on the Blu-Ray/DVD. Originally, Eve would be the one broken and Wall-E was going to save her in the climax. This scene had already been animated and sections even fully rendered (a bit even made it into the theatrical trailer) until Andrew Stanton decided at the last minute that Eve saving Wall-E would make for a stronger ending.
Thanks, that sounds familiar and I'm pretty sure I remember watching that on the Blu-Ray now. I much prefer the finalized ending with EVE saving WALL-E though so that was a good choice on Stanton's part.
ImageImage