The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Pasta67 »

I don't believe a general release has been announced just yet, though I should hope it'll be uploaded to the Disney Music Emporium website shortly after this weekend's over. In the meantime, someone currently at the Expo who was able to purchase the album provided a picture of the track listing.

Here's the Twitter thread with pictures and track names.

The two-disc limitation hurt them on this one. You can REALLY tell they had to be choosy with what to include. Two CDs simply isn't enough. A third disc (and possibly a fourth?) to preserve the song demos and work tapes would have made this the definitive release for Aladdin, but prioritizing Menken's score this time was the right call. That's the one thing we absolutely NEEDED with this Legacy Collection. I have my questions (Does track #2 remove Williams' vocals for once? Will this be the film version of "A Whole New World"? Track #13's title is weird?) but this seems to be almost exactly what I needed. Not a replacement for past soundtracks, unfortunately, but an essential supplemental volume.

You'd still need to hunt down the "Music Behind the Magic" and "Howard Sings Ashman" sets to own the "complete" Aladdin soundtrack (and that's not including song demos like "My Finest Hour", which was only released as a home video extra). But this new release is still a godsend. I do wish this had included everything so that new buyers could have it all without having to seek out an out-of-print release, but it sounds like the team working on this Legacy Collection knew exactly where to place their priorities given what little disc space they had.
- John
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

If I had to guess, track #2 doesn't remove Robin Williams, #13 is obviously a mistake in the name of the track, and A Whole New World will be the soundtrack version.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That's a bummer. I was hoping we'd get the movie version of "A Whole New World". The soundtrack version is nice, but the beginning is a bit underwhelming. I'm still getting the set, though. :D
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I don't believe an announcement has been made, but Disney Music Emporium has created a page for the Aladdin Legacy Collection soundtrack and apparently you can go ahead and buy it? I haven't tried, but there's an "Add to Cart" button. We already knew the final track listing via photos from D23 Expo attendees this weekend, but here it is below, pulled from the website.

Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection: Aladdin is a 2-disc set and includes over 50 tracks and features outtakes and alternate tracks by Alan Menken. Enchanting art by Lorelay Bové is also included.

Disc 1
1. Arabian Nights - Performed by Bruce Adler
2. Legend of the Lamp - Performed by Robin Williams
3. On a Dark Night
4. Diamond In the Rough
5. One Jump Ahead - Performed by Brad Kane
6. Street Urchins
7. One Jump Ahead (Reprise) - Performed by Brad Kane
8. Intro to Jasmine and Jafar
9. Jasmine Runs Away
10. Marketplace
11. Alchemy
12. Rooftop
13. Aladdin and Jasmine Confront Jafar
14. Dungeon
15. The Cave of Wonders (Film Version)
16. Search For the Lamp
17. Confiding In Papa
18. Intro to Genie
19. Friend Like Me - Performed by Robin Williams
20. Provisos and Quid Pro Quo
21. Jafar and Iago Scheme
22. To Be Free (Film Version)
23. Jafar Finds a Solution
24. Prince Ali - Performed by Robin Williams
25. Journeyed From Afar
26. Sultan's Magic Carpet Ride
27. A Very Impressive Youth
28. Ali Comes Courting
29. A Whole New World - Performed by Brad Kane and Lea Salonga

Disc 2
1. The Kiss
2. Genie Rescues Aladdin
3. Sultan Under a Spell
4. Maniacal Jafar
5. Aladdin's Word
6. Iago Impersonates Jasmine
7. Jafar's Hour
8. Prince Ali (Reprise) - Performed by Jonathan Freeman
9. The Ends Of The Earth
10. Jafar In Charge
11. The Battle
12. Happy End In Agrabah
13. Finale
14. A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme) - Performed by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle
15. Why Me? (Outtake) - Performed by Jonathan Freeman
16. Marketplace (Alternate)
17. Dungeon (Alternate)
18. Intro to Carpet (Alternate)
19. Search For the Lamp (Alternate)
20. Jafar and Iago Scheme (Alternate)
21. Make You a Star (Alternate)
22. Happy End In Agrabah (Alternate)

Hmmm, the website seems to confirm that Robin Williams' vocals will be intact on track #2, which is a shame as I was hoping to hear that portion of the score by itself for once. Still holding out hope that "A Whole New World" is the film version. Assuming (Fingers crossed!) that everything here is correctly labeled and there are no errors similar to Hunchback's release, the track listing seems pretty self-explanatory.
- John
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Thanks for the link, Pasta67. I wonder when the tracks will be released on Spotify, considering that the tracks for the edition of Hunchback were released on Spotify long before the physical copy.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

A Whole New World is the soundtrack version:
https://twitter.com/dsneybuf91/status/1 ... deSag&s=19
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Hmmm, if that's the case then I would hope the cue that plays when Carpet whisks Aladdin and Jasmine into the air appears at the end of "Ali Comes Courting" and fades out, followed by the soundtrack version of "A Whole New World". That would at least fit with the logic of trying to give us as much music as possible, which was likely the reason for "Topsy Turvy" being the soundtrack version on Hunchback's Legacy Collection.

I gotta say, I'm pretty shocked by how little fanfare there's been. Fans who purchased the soundtrack at D23 Expo don't seem particularly interested in dissecting this thing, I can only find one or two (relatively silent) message boards talking about this release in general, Disney's given no absolutely no word on when this soundtrack will appear in streaming services, and apparently the Legacy Collection is available for purchase on Disney's website as we speak but they haven't made a single announcement. What gives, y'all? I'll admit I'm probably biased because I've been waiting for this exact soundtrack for decades and I'm more than a little impatient at this point, but I feel like past Legacy Collections had more buzz than this.
- John
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Aladdin's Legacy Collection is up on digital platforms. While A Whole New World is the soundtrack version, the score from the film is played at the end of the previous track.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay!

I went to Google and looked up a link for Aladdin Legacy Collection on the Emporium website, but it says "Product not currently available." Maybe they made very few copies and it's already sold out or something? Or maybe it simply hasn't been uploaded yet?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Pasta67 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:38 amI gotta say, I'm pretty shocked by how little fanfare there's been. Fans who purchased the soundtrack at D23 Expo don't seem particularly interested in dissecting this thing, I can only find one or two (relatively silent) message boards talking about this release in general, Disney's given no absolutely no word on when this soundtrack will appear in streaming services, and apparently the Legacy Collection is available for purchase on Disney's website as we speak but they haven't made a single announcement. What gives, y'all? I'll admit I'm probably biased because I've been waiting for this exact soundtrack for decades and I'm more than a little impatient at this point, but I feel like past Legacy Collections had more buzz than this.
You know what? It`s honestly shocking how little fanfare there`s been about it! After all, Aladdin is one of Disney`s most beloved and cherished properties and one of the cornerstones of the Renaissance. So it`s baffling that there`s been practically no fanfare about it.
Farerb wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:04 amAladdin's Legacy Collection is up on digital platforms. While A Whole New World is the soundtrack version, the score from the film is played at the end of the previous track.
To be honest, I`m glad that the beginning of the song was included, regardless. Despite how it wasn`t included as a part of the song.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

It's available to purchase digitally on Amazon, but when I look for it on the Disney Music Emporium website, it says Product currently unavailable. I don't get it. Was it a limited edition?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 am It's available to purchase digitally on Amazon, but when I look for it on the Disney Music Emporium website, it says Product currently unavailable. I don't get it. Was it a limited edition?
It`s not available on Amazon either. Everytime I click on the page, it says that it`s unavailable.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:16 am It`s not available on Amazon either. Everytime I click on the page, it says that it`s unavailable.
I didn't get to see that message, but now it seems it's available again. At least in the US and the UK, as well as in Spain, which are the sites I checked. It's just the digital version, though. But it's great that it's available on Amazon. Hunchback wasn't, so I thought they wouldn't sell Aladdin either. It's strange it's not on the Disney Music Emporium website anymore. If it's already sold out, I hope they make more copies.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I sent a message through Instagram to the official Disney Music Emporium page asking them about Aladdin. Let's see what they say, if they reply, of course
Disney's Divinity

I imagine it'll be a while if they reply at all.

I'm just going to assume they must've made very few copies and it sold out in a day or two. Either that, or all the stock they had sold out and they're currently in the process of producing more. I think a lot of those on the Emporium website are sort of produced based on the amount of "demand."
not2foul

Post by not2foul »

Just for those wondering.

I feel very lucky. I used the link provided to Disney Music Emporium on Thursday/Friday and was able to order the CD. It was posted out on Monday. So, hopefully it will be back on the site real soon.

I also ordered the encanto picture/shaped vinyl at the same time, and when I checked out it said it wasn’t in stock, but more were on the way. So........hopefully, this is the same for Aladdin legacy, and they have just removed them temporarily until they come back in.

Hope that gives some kind of hope or anticipation that it will come back.

Cheers
Greg

P.s. thanks pasta67 for providing the link, or I would’ve totally missed the d23 exclusives 🤓
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Awesome. When you receive it, would you post some pics here of set? Meanwhile, I'm keeping an eye out on the Music Emporium site. If and when it comes back, I will order it, alongside The Hunchback's Legacy CD.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Now it`s available on Disney Music Eporium again! :) And I`ve bought my copy.
Disney's Divinity

Oh, drat it all. I had been watching the new Pinocchio on Disney+ earlier and even checked the Emporium site at the same time and it was still unavailable, but as soon as I get home where I have slow Internet, it's up. :l Guess I have to go to the library in the morning and use one of their computers to order it then. *bangs head against the wall*
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Ordered it with The Hunchback. :D :D :D :D