Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Video: Ukrainian Girl Sings โ€˜Let it Goโ€™ in Safe-Room Bunker
https://www.disneyfanatic.com/video-ukr ... unker-tb1/

And Idina responded:

https://variety.com/2022/music/global/f ... 235197614/

The video made my cry. That sweet little girl giving a moment of hope. My heart is so broken for the people of Ukraine.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

What could have been...*sigh*
Andreas Deja wrote:This one is close to home. The Snow Queen was going to be our next animated feature after the 2011 film Winnie the Pooh. Paul Felix had developed extraordinary settings for the project, we could not wait to get started. Bette Middler had been asked to voice the title character... then the shoe dropped. The CG shoe. The film ended up with a one word title...and the rest is history.
[...]
Would I have lobbied for the Bette Midler character...of course!!

Source: http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2022/04 ... pment.html
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Those are gorgeous! They make me think of Dr. Seuss. Aside from the title and medium change though, what we got with Frozen was pretty wonderful for me, including its design and aesthetic, so I wouldn't have it differently. That said, I was curious about Bette Midler as the Snow Queen. While I love Midler, it sounded like an odd choice since I think of the Snow Queen as a sort of austere, ethereal type like Maleficent, whereas I think of Midler as lively, showstopping personality more like Cruella or Ursula.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote:What could have been...*sigh*
Indeed! We could have had a traditional adaptation of a fairy tale, hand-drawn animation, a theatrical villain animated by Andreas Deja, and music by Alan Menken! :drool:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I know :(
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

โ€˜Kill the Snowmanโ€™: โ€˜Frozenโ€™ Director Admits She Wanted to Axe Olaf
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/froz ... 235449969/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It's interesting that she almost cut him from the movie. I'm glad that animator convinced her not to do it.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I never realized that back in 2015 Disney released Elsa and Hans designer dolls sets:

It's an interesting choice to officially pair them together like this. I wonder if Disney knew that the idea of them being together was popular back then.

I guess these dolls are expensive now, if they are even available at all.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney is releasing one of those "official fanfics" for the 10th anniversary of Frozen:
All Is Found: A Frozen Anthology https://a.co/d/aFgoNeg

We can see on the cover a logo that might be the official logo for the 10th anniversary:

The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Hi guys! :) I stumbled upon the work of the Disney Artist "Marcelo Vignali" and he was involved in the earlier version of Frozen, the Snowqueen from around 2001. So many concept art pieces I have never seen! His illustration look so rich! I love the one of the town!
I also had the unique distinction of designing characters for Disney's Frozen, when it was 2D and it was called The Snow Queen. Here we have a rough visual development drawing I did for the ice princess herself, Elsa. I don't know that anyone has seen this in any of the Disney books.
source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVXno62lzwf/

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVTXHuRFBuU ... BiNWFlZA==
Here's another visual development drawing from Disney's Frozen in 2001, when it was 2D...and when it was called The Snow Queen. The idea for this drawing was that the town was down below the castle, so that when the castle was frozen, it would appear like a snow capped mountain.
more related art:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVbGgvflcWc ... BiNWFlZA==
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQWEjIlZBr ... BiNWFlZA==
Attachments
vignalistudio.jpg
vignalistudio.jpg (245.27 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

That's so cool, The Disneynerd! I do like the idea that Frozen should've been a 2d animated movie, Paul Felix's backgrounds for that version were so beautiful, but making the intricate dress designs and ice and snow effects like the castle building scene during "Let It Go" would've been tough for that medium so having it in 3d instead was fine. What we got was enjoyable and that's enough for me.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea by Joe Hisashi (Song)
2. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. Shin Megami Tensei V (Video Game)
5. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
Disney's Divinity

I would've loved a hand-drawn Frozen that had been titled The Snow Queen for sure, as long as it was the same songs/characters/designs as in the finished film. As much as I adore Bette Midler, I wouldn't have wanted the story and all to have been different; I never thought she would be very good as an icy, cold villain, I think she would shine as a Ursula or Cruella type.

I would've liked to have Anna, Elsa, the magic powers, dress transformation, ice castle creation, etc. all in hand-drawn though, no doubt it and all the Mary Blair influence would've been even more beautiful in hand-drawn.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Eeyyy! Welcome back to the forums Disneyโ€™s Divinity! :D Itโ€™s been a while since you posted here.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:30 am That's so cool, The Disneynerd! I do like the idea that Frozen should've been a 2d animated movie, Paul Felix's backgrounds for that version were so beautiful, but making the intricate dress designs and ice and snow effects like the castle building scene during "Let It Go" would've been tough for that medium so having it in 3d instead was fine. What we got was enjoyable and that's enough for me.
Thanks MoonMarc21! :D I agree, thats why I also really love that Frozen is 3d, because it really exploits the medium with all the Details, patterns and snow effects! I think the first frozen is one of the only movies where 3d>2d is justified. I personally grew up with 3d movies, but over time Ive got to say that 2d is indeed superior because it doesnt age!
Disney's Divinity wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:46 pm As much as I adore Bette Midler, I wouldn't have wanted the story and all to have been different; I never thought she would be very good as an icy, cold villain, I think she would shine as a Ursula or Cruella type.
Yes indeed this would have been handled a bit more unserious. I think Idina Menzel could have delivered a really intimitating Snow Queen! Everytime I stumble upon this Evil Elsa Deleted Scene with the guards I get goosebumps :huh: its SO good (especially the fanmade 3d Version that really gave me shivers)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:37 am
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:30 am That's so cool, The Disneynerd! I do like the idea that Frozen should've been a 2d animated movie, Paul Felix's backgrounds for that version were so beautiful, but making the intricate dress designs and ice and snow effects like the castle building scene during "Let It Go" would've been tough for that medium so having it in 3d instead was fine. What we got was enjoyable and that's enough for me.
Thanks MoonMarc21! :D I agree, thats why I also really love that Frozen is 3d, because it really exploits the medium with all the Details, patterns and snow effects! I think the first frozen is one of the only movies where 3d>2d is justified. I personally grew up with 3d movies, but over time Ive got to say that 2d is indeed superior because it doesnt age!
True dat The Disneynerd! You can clearly see their age when it comes to 3d animation. I mean compare The Incredibles to it's sequel and Frozen and it's sequel. I also think that Encanto also justifies why 3d is the medium they went with.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

This has probably been posted before, but just in case it wasn't -- Frozen 2D pencil test:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxi6odor ... FlYzFmZQ==

Ah, what could have been... ๐Ÿฅฒ
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Celebrating 10 Years:
https://youtu.be/b1ByiH7IMSI?si=LCDWfqdSSgoWAhP1
Frozen fans are definitely worth melting for โ„๏ธ Thank you for ten years of magic and get ready to celebrate Frozenโ€™s 10th anniversary! #DisneyFrozen10
https://twitter.com/DisneyFrozen/status ... M5k5Q&s=19
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

It's crazy to think that Frozen is 10 years old now. It seems only yesterday when I joined the forum and expressed how excited I was to see it. Plus, it's still a wonderful movie that I don't think I'll ever get sick of.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Love or hate the film (I love it by the way), this movie did so much to force the world to see Disney animation as a force to be reckoned with. Happy 10 years!
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, this film still packs the same punch it did back then. It hasn't aged on me at all. Hard to believe it's been a decade now!