Disabled People will have to wait in line at Disney World

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Disabled People will have to wait in line at Disney World

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney World's Message to the Disabled: Wait in Line
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/disney ... 46185.html
Fans of Walt Disney World were fuming last spring following reports of people gaming a system that allowed disabled park guests to advance to the front of lines. Now it seems the entitled few have ruined it for everyone. Disney Parks has just announced a change in policy: People with disabilities will no longer be ushered to the front of lines.

It “certainly has been problematic, and we wanted to curb some of the abuse of this system,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown told the Orange County Register.

Disney did not immediately return a request for comment from Yahoo Shine. But according to an Associated Press report, the new policy, which takes effect on Oct. 9, will issue disabled visitors with tickets that offer an entry time and a shorter wait, similar to those of the FastPass system that’s offered to all park guests now.
Hmm I wonder if this is just Disney World of just Disney Land.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Re: Disabled People will have to wait in line at Disney Worl

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

People will be given a Fastpass-like return time, they will not be forced to wait in line. And yes, this is for both.

Sensationalist story looking for clicks.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:People will be given a Fastpass-like return time, they will not be forced to wait in line. And yes, this is for both.

Sensationalist story looking for clicks.
This.

Seriously, this is what happens when people abuse the system. People saw what the tour guides were doing at Disneyland, they were abusing their privileges and charging others for it, as well as what those rich women were doing with their kids as well. I am happy that Disney answered. Though I am sure many people will complain about this, I like that they are enforcing the rules.
ImageImageImageImage

Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

I remember when this first happened. I have a severe case of scoliosis and I remember back in the 90s, my family had gotten me a handicapped pass during that particular Walt Disney World trip because I was wearing a back brace at the time and we weren't sure how I'd fare on the rides. The pass applied not only to me, but to my entire family and we were able to bypass ALL lines for rides and attractions. (It turns out that trying to wear the brace on the rides was so uncomfortable that I just said "screw it" and temporarily discarded the brace during the daytime for the duration of the vacation so that I could actually enjoy myself. Admittedly, my family still used the pass, though. What I didn't like was the park employees looking at me with pity when they saw the pass. But hey--no lines!) I tried this little trick again back in 2010 when I went to WDW with my then-boyfriend and his family. I was no longer wearing the brace (I'd stopped needing it after puberty), but I tried to be a sneaky little jerkhole. The park employees said that they were no longer issuing such passes, but they could give me a wheelchair if I needed it. I said, "HELL NO!" and just sucked it up and waited on line like everyone else, which is what I should've just done the previous time. Case-in-point: system abuse prevented, and rightly so.
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

The new headline should read: Disabled People To Sue Disney So They Won't Have To Wait In Line. Their sense of entitlement makes me wanna gag!