Disney Books

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Books

Post by Farerb »

The next book to be released in Disney Scripted Classics is The Nightmare Before Christmas. It will be released on August 15, 2023:
Disney: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (Disney Scripted Classics) https://a.co/d/3xC9dEd

I'm glad they're continuing the series, but was hoping to get Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin or one of the films from the 30s - 60s.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I agree that I'd rather something else, but the concept art should be great.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm always a slut for Nightmare, so I will be there. :P
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I’ve never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, although I’ve had it on DVD for years. I should watch it someday, but in all honesty, it never appealed to me.

I’m not a fan of the Haunted Mansion overlay at Disneyland. I think it looks cheap and tacky.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I still haven't got the TLM one, but I will eventually. That's just not a line I'm that interested in.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

carolinakid wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:01 am I’ve never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, although I’ve had it on DVD for years. I should watch it someday, but in all honesty, it never appealed to me.

I’m not a fan of the Haunted Mansion overlay at Disneyland. I think it looks cheap and tacky.
Really? It's a big film for Disney and it's been around for a long time. I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I really love the music and characters and think that there's something for everyone.

I've only been on Haunted Mansion with the Nightmare overlay, but I liked how it looks. I do wish I could see the original version as is, but I don't know if I'll get to go back to Disneyland before the next D23, when the overlay will probably be back.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Does anyone here own the Walt Disney Film Archives: The Animated Movies 1921 - 1968 book, this version to be exact? The reason I'm asking is because the other day I bought a different edition of it at Target (or at least what appears to be a different edition), same publisher, but the title is slightly different (the cover says Walt Disney Film Archives: The Animated Movies 1921 - 1967) and the book is actually three books packaged together, each detailing a different period. So if anyone owns either or both of the books, what exactly is the difference between them and which one is the better version? The Amazon edition is also much cheaper so I wouldn't mind returning the one I got and getting the other one. Looking up the ISBN for the Target edition gives me zero results. The pic of the one I have is here.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I own both the version you linked from Amazon and the coffee table edition which is huge. I'm not familiar with what you purchased, but I'm guessing it's the same book split into 3 volumes which will be easier to read.

I see that both of my books have 1968 on the cover, but both of them end with The Jungle Book so I think it's a mistake and what you own is probably a later edition which was corrected.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'm just worried if there's something missing from the edition I bought compared to the other one (smaller format, split into three volumes, and potentially missing further information). The books you have don't go beyond The Jungle Book and talk about the period after?

I'm still puzzled by the change of 1968 to 1967; the only reason I can think of is, since the book was first published in Europe, maybe the author referred to the European/German release date of The Jungle Book instead of the US one. I'll have to look it up.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Yeah I can confirm that they don't go beyond The Jungle Book.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sorry for ranting and repeating myself about this issue. But considering how the live action remake of Mermaid is playing now, it`s truly odd that there haven`t been released any Art of-book from the movie at all. It`s truly weird and I wonder why. I`ve tried to ask Disney themselves about it, but they haven`t replied me at all.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I also managed to get the big coffee table book last year for my birthday, for a really good price. I only now saw that there was a smaller version available too.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Directing at Disney: The Original Directors of Walt's Animated Films:
https://a.co/d/0IWkg4F

Release date: September 18, 2024.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Not sure if this goes here, but I read a week or two ago that there's going to be some kind of comic series based off Disney's Hercules. Looked pretty interesting.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/disn ... 966-1986#/

Stephen Anderson (director of MtR + WtP) has a new book coming out ("Disney In-Between: The Lost Years 1966—1986"). Sounds like a limited run, though and right now it's just at the crowdfunding stage.