Lookin' good!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Re: The sites server crashing

Post by Patricier21 »

And as of recently, not only has the site crashed once again but it’s even reverted to being as it was a few days before the crash I E you can log onto it but it says the most recent topics were responded to on June 7, 2022 etc. instead of Today let alone being even more recent than that. What’s going on with the site?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Yeah, that was scary. Thankfully, it's back to normal now and the more recent comments weren't permanently lost.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Are we back?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Wow, that was one long outage.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay! It's so boring without somewhere to talk about Disney. I do hate that the forum was down when Pat Carroll passed away. :(

EDIT: I keep getting an error when trying to update the song list in my signature: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." :? I have a feeling if I mess with it, I won't be able to get any image to show up, so I'm leaving it as is. I'm just glad I had Hercules as my banner, that's not a bad one to be stuck with. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Welcome back everyone! We are sorry for the long wait. The glitch with the server was a doozy and it took longer than expected to get it fixed. There shouldn't be any more outages from now on.

@Disney's Divinity: It's not just your account. No one can embed images from a URL in their posts or as their avatar and signature. It's another issue with the server we're trying to fix.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Lookin' good!

Post by D82 »

I'm so glad the forum is back! :D Thanks Sotiris, Luke and everyone who made it possible! Too bad it happened when I'm about to go on vacation. I'm not going far, just to another part of Spain, but I don't think I'll be able to post much from there. Anyway, I'll try to post a couple of things I had prepared before I leave.

I hope the problem with posting images is solved soon as well. You can add them as an attachment for now, though, but it seems only one is allowed per post. Maybe it was always like that, I don't remember if I ever tried to post more than one that way. The quote function does work, but some code appears instead of just the name of the person who wrote something. Hopefully, that gets fixed as well.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Thanks for fixing it! This remains the place where I read up on the latest so I’m happy it’s restored!

8)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Have fun on your vacation, D82, thank you for all the updates :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Too bad it happened when I'm about to go on vacation. I'm not going far, just to another part of Spain, but I don't think I'll be able to post much from there.
Have fun on your vacation! We'll miss you here! :wave:
D82 wrote:I hope the problem with posting images is solved soon as well. You can add them as an attachment for now, though, but it seems only one is allowed per post. Maybe it was always like that, I don't remember if I ever tried to post more than one that way. The quote function does work, but some code appears instead of just the name of the person who wrote something. Hopefully, that gets fixed as well.
The issue doesn't affect attachments; only images from URLs. Attachments have always been limited to one per post to save bandwidth, but the number can be increased, if needed. We are aware of the problem with the quote function; this is also something that has do with the server and PHP. Hopefully, it can be fixed sooner rather than later, but unfortunately these server glitches usually take time to be resolved.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank God it's back! I missed this place! Welcome back everyone, it's good to see you! Thank you Sotiris and Luke!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks, Farerb and Sotiris! :) I brought a tablet with me I borrowed from my brother and it's a bit easier for me to use for things like these than a phone, so I might post something from time to time. Anyway, I'll be back home before D23.
Sotiris wrote:The issue doesn't affect attachments; only images from URLs. Attachments have always been limited to one per post to save bandwidth, but the number can be increased, if needed. We are aware of the problem with the quote function; this is also something that has do with the server and PHP. Hopefully, it can be fixed sooner rather than later, but unfortunately these server glitches usually take time to be resolved.
Thanks for the info about the attachments. Well, the important thing is that the forum is back and we're able to interact with each other again. We can attach the images or post links to them for now; it's not a big problem. As for the quote issue, it's not too bothersome, but it's good to know you are aware of it and will try to fix it as well.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I just got the dreaded "This site can’t be reached
www.dvdizzy.com refused to connect." message. Good thing it loaded when I tried again!!
Disney's Divinity

Have the ads at the top of the page changed? Like they've become more complex or something? At least the pages are taking a long time to load today, always hung at the top of the page.

I know the whole img issue will be resolved eventually. :)
Disney's Divinity

Yay, the forum's back! And it looks so different! It reminds me of the Funko Fanatic forum (which had been having some issues itself lately.). I wonder if images are working yet.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

OH, YOU'VE REALLY DONE IT NOW, DVDIZZY!

I have been permanently blinded and must be treated for priapism as a result of all this new forum design sexiness!! :D :)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ :lol: It does look good, though I guess it'll take a while for me to get used to having the user names and avatars of the posters on the opposite side.

I'm glad the forum's back again so soon. And now the insert image function works again! I hope there are no more outages before the D23 Expo, but if it's to improve the forum and fix the things that don't work properly, we'll of course understand.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This looks so much better. And I’ve only seen the mobile version of it.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The forum looks really awesome! Thank you, Luke and Sotiris! Is it just you two who made this happen?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

PatrickvD wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:31 am This looks so much better. And I’ve only seen the mobile version of it.
I'm back at home and I had only seen the desktop version, but now that I've checked the mobile one, I see the usernames and avatars are on the left there like before, which is curious. But it's actually not a problem for me they're on the right in the desktop version. It's not difficult to see who's commenting what. Sorry if my last comment sounded negative. I do like the new look, it's more modern and elegant, and I really appreciate the effort put into improving the site. Many things are better now. Some functions, for example, are more accessible and the links to the main site and the latest reviews at the bottom is a great idea.