High Resolution Textless Disney Posters

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: High Resolution Textless Disney Posters

Post by Vlad »

You're very welcome :) Hey, Marce82, I'd love to hear your thoughts about these posters. Your comments are always fun to read.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Found these gorgeous artworks for Sleeping Beauty.

Image Image
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Awww, Teppy! (Vlad) So sorry I didn't see this till now! So sweet of you to call out to me to comment on those piece-of-s**t Enchanted Christmas posters.

Honestly, it would be too long to write about all of them, but I will comment a little on the last one (Belle and Beast alone, Beast holding present).

Dear Lord... this is beyond terrible:

- Belle is holding her dress by the hem, which no woman has ever done (is she showing off her undies?). Also, even though the shading suggests the skirt is undulating, the line at the bottom is straight all across, at times having sharp angles even.

- As others have pointed out, Belle's legs are too short.

- Both of their heads have been cropped from the Platinum cover (which was already a poor tracing from the original VHS artwork), and you can even see the line of where the beast's fur was supposed to be tucked into his shirt.

- Belle's hair... top half is swept up into.... nothing?. Underneath is tucked into a ponytail... only her bow is in a different part of her head.

- They forgot to finish shading the beast's hands.

- AND MOST IMPORTANT: the artist didn't know how, or didn't feel like drawing the beast's body (specially his legs), so it is all AWKWARDLY hidden behind Belle, even if it doesn't make anatomical sense.

BRAVO!

The only poster that is marginally better is the one which I think was the original cover (the one with the 4 green pine trees, with no snow on them)

Now excuse me, I'm feeling a little drowsy from looking at this P.O.S. artwork for too long. Might vomit soon...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

POS artwork for a POS movie.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Marce, you're so right! Your comments are always brutally honest. :lol: :lol: The only ones I do like are the original VHS cover and the US Special Edition from 2002.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Well, we are talking Disney. They should try a little harder...
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

The "good news" is that the artwork that you commented on, Marce was only used on the Digital HD version of the film. The Blu-ray uses the top parts of their body, which I guess is a lot better. I really don't get why they would make such crappy art for their movies. Even in the Enchanted Christmas, the characters are drawn on model in certain scenes, but then, the artists working on the covers themselves come up with these messes? :lol: :lol:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Found some new posters, enjoy!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Also, I have an Ultra High Resolution Textless version of The Little Mermaid's theatrical poster, which sadly can't be shared here, because it's too large (75MB :lol: :lol: :lol: ). If anyone wants it, please let me know :)
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

New art of The Little Mermaid

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Beautiful! I must download them!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

I have to say, I really love that Cinderella poster with the clock behind her. It is not perfect, but one of the best drawn versions of the character in merch in my opinion.

I remember it was used for the French re-release in 2005... the newly "restored" version of the film..... BAHAHAHAAH. Can you imagine watching the movie on the big screen... with all the missing linework?!!??
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Always loved that great poster. Always found it perfectly on model. So much so, I looked at the film specifically to see if they stole the image from a frame!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Based on the pose, I would say it's where she says to the Fairy Godmother, "It's like a dream, a wonderful dream come true." Where she twirls in her new ballgown. What do you think, Duster?
Marce82 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:08 pm I have to say, I really love that Cinderella poster with the clock behind her. It is not perfect, but one of the best drawn versions of the character in merch in my opinion.

I remember it was used for the French re-release in 2005... the newly "restored" version of the film..... BAHAHAHAAH. Can you imagine watching the movie on the big screen... with all the missing linework?!!??
I actually saw the 2005 re-release in theaters. I was in Paris with my family, and I remember seeing this beautiful poster. It was opening the very next day. So, we went to a theater near to our hotel. I was excited to see it on the big screen, and I remember thinking it's beautiful. When I got the DVD, I began noticing the problems. And I saw an original version with French subtitles. I regret not getting the poster, because it was available to purchase in stores. I'm going to Disneyland Paris in 2 weeks, and if I see it, I'm definitely getting it.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oh, Teppy! What a cute story! I was actually in Paris in 2005 as well! I remember seeing the posters all over the streets... but no, I did not go see the film. And it's very hard to notice the issues if you can't pause the film. You may catch something, but you need to go back and check to see if you saw it right. That's how I started noticing issues when i first got the dvd.

You didn't ask ME.... the pose may be similar to the shot you mentioned. But it is definitely original artwork, not traced. The angle is different. As much as I love this poster... they made her a little thicker around the middle, hehehe. Maybe they were trying not to traumatize French girls...
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Hey Marce, thanks for liking my Paris story :D and you're right about the poster, but I do think her face is taken directly from the movie. If we we were to take that sequence frame by frame, there should be a frame where her face is similar. I may be wrong, but I think it's from the movie.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I thought it was a tracing from that "wonderful dream come true" pose, too, Vlad, but when I checked, it was different. I think it's an all-original drawing!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I looked at the "A wonderful dream come true!" scene, and the poster does not trace any of Cinderella's face from that scene! It looks like it is all new!

By the way, Vlad, you were so lucky to see it on the big screen! Marce, why on earth did you not see it?! I wish Disney would release the new, better restored version of the film in theaters now!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:16 pm I looked at the "A wonderful dream come true!" scene, and the poster does not trace any of Cinderella's face from that scene! It looks like it is all new!

By the way, Vlad, you were so lucky to see it on the big screen! Marce, why on earth did you not see it?! I wish Disney would release the new, better restored version of the film in theaters now!
I checked it too, Duster. I was almost certain it was from that scene, but I guess I was wrong. Mea culpa :lol: Meanwhile, whoever drew her in the poster did an amazing job, she's perfectly on model. She doesn't look this good in the "Story of" storybook.

Yeah, it really was a wonderful experience. Before the DVD, the only way I could watch the movie was on an almost worn-out VHS tape. :lol: :lol: The colors were so faded. I couldn't even see the faces anymore, not even in close-up shots. :lol: :lol: Seeing it on the big screen was really beautiful.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

They totally drew a new model for her in the "Story of" storybook. Snow White is more on-model in her version of the book. So is Aurora. So are Belle and Ariel lol. I guess they wanted Cinderella to have a new look more appealing to kids today.

That is such an amazing story, to me, about watching the film from VHS to movie theater, Vlad!