Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I read that Funko has done poorly this year. I'm not really surprised, what with delays over the past year (the villain stuff that should've been out Halloween 2021 only coming out now, the Ultimate Princess stuff getting delayed and delayed and delayed). Also the fact that they've released a lot more exclusives than they ever have before, imo, milking people dry. An exclusive can be priced $15, which means they get more than if they just released it as a common. (And then of course you have to pay around $6 in shipping.) That's why I've skipped a lot of things I would've liked to have got (the full train set for the villains, the new villain common pops, the majority of the UP pops, most of the new Villains Assemble line including Ursula) because I have to prioritize what comes first because of so many exclusives. :roll:

Well, anyway, I kind of felt the time for Funko was about to wane anyway. For a lot of people, it was a fad sort of like Beanie Babies back when. I knew it was peaking. As someone who likes them not simply because they're trendy, I hope they keep putting out Disney stuff. I wouldn't be mad if they put things out at a slower rate though.... ;)

Anyway: I was looking around for any news, and they have several new pops: Stitch in the bathtub, Pooh and Christopher Robin hand-in-hand, new versions of the core Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto) in their basic outfits are the ones I've seen. Also, Pooh with a Santa hat and bag, and another Pooh variant with him dressed as a Cupid. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

I know people love these, but they never appealed to me. I'm not into their design with huge heads, small black dots for eyes and small bodies. There are even Funko POP! figurines of Vanessa and Magica de Spell, two of my favorite characters and I haven't got those. :o :lol: I really find the designs ugly. :roll: Sorry to all who likes them.
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

VanessaFan wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:26 am I know people love these, but they never appealed to me. I'm not into their design with huge heads, small black dots for eyes and small bodies. There are even Funko POP! figurines of Vanessa and Magica de Spell, two of my favorite characters and I haven't got those. :o :lol: I really find the designs ugly. :roll: Sorry to all who likes them.
I actually agree with you. The only ones I own are ones that don't really look like Funko pops, which are WALL-E, Eve and The Beast with birds. I also have Belle with birds which does look like a funko but I couldn't have the Beast without her.
I much preferred the Rock Candy they had released a few years ago, I own both Maleficent and Moana, and I would have wanted more, like Aurora in her peasant outfit or Belle, but I guess they weren't profitable because they stopped making those in 2019.
I also prefer the Mystery Minis but I don't collect those because it's annoying not knowing what you buy, I only own one of Moana (with the clams and the seashells).
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Before anyone knew how Strange World would do, I wonder why Pops didn't come out. They just skipped making Pops of it. I bought Raya ones before the film even came out.
blackcauldron85

$5 Pops at Pop In a Box! There are 17 Disney ones!

https://www.popinabox.us/christmas/offe ... %21+Disney

*Edit* crap, most are sold out - I didn't notice that when I first posted.
Disney's Divinity

VanessaFan wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:26 am I know people love these, but they never appealed to me. I'm not into their design with huge heads, small black dots for eyes and small bodies. There are even Funko POP! figurines of Vanessa and Magica de Spell, two of my favorite characters and I haven't got those. :o :lol: I really find the designs ugly. :roll: Sorry to all who likes them.
Oh, I understand. Personally, I like Funko because they remind of the chibi anime designs I grew up seeing, particularly with Sailor Moon characters. I only buy pops for animated characters; the vivid colors make the designs POP, whereas live-action characters or real people don't really stand out as themselves so much. Most of their pops for animals characters are hit-and-miss, too. I love how Scar and the Hyenas turned out, but have been disappointed with the other TLK pop (other than the Simba VHS Cover Pop), the Bambi pops, the Dalmatians, etc.

I don't like any of the other products sold by Funko aside from the pops, tbh. I have Vanessa and Magica de Spell, the latter especially is really nice, imo. Scrooge McDuck on the other hand didn't turn out too great... So she's the only DuckTales pop I have, and I keep her with Madam Mim. I should group Magica, Mim, and the Old Hag (from Snow White) together since they were a group in the DuckTales comics apparently.
blackcauldron85 wrote:Before anyone knew how Strange World would do, I wonder why Pops didn't come out. They just skipped making Pops of it. I bought Raya ones before the film even came out.
I guess that's another sign of how little they spent on marketing for Strange World. I'm surprised they didn't at least put out a pop of Searcher, if nothing else. Thank you for posting the deal. :)
Disney's Divinity

I saw some Snow White and Walt Disney pops today. I'm not 100% sure what the Walt was, but the SW one was in a box container sort of like the VHS pops only it featured the original poster rather than the VHS cover (the same original poster that was recently used as the cover for a Disney Movie Club-exclusive Blu-ray re-release of Snow White) and the coloring of Snow White's dress matches the color in the poster (pink?). I think the Walt one was him holding a doll of Mickey, I'm not sure.
blackcauldron85

Do you have a link to those? I think the only Walt one I've seen is one that came with...was it Sleeping Beauty Castle?
Disney's Divinity

Sorry, I wish I could find where I saw the pictures. I have a hard time finding Funko news, I end up doing random searches on Google usually. I think it might be from this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQJcrc_Y44

Walt is sort of in black-and-white and I'm not sure what he's holding?
blackcauldron85

Thank you!!! He's holding a picture of Mickey:
https://www.coleka.com/en/collector-act ... g_i1315126
blackcauldron85

NEW Mickey Mouse in a Haunted Mansion Doom Buggy Funko POP!
https://wdwnt.com/2022/12/mickey-haunte ... o-pop-wdw/
blackcauldron85

The b&w Walt Pop is coming out for the 100th celebration (along with other Pops)!

100th Anniversary Walt Disney, Goofy, Donald, and More New Funko POP! Vinyl Figures Coming Soon
https://wdwnt.com/?p=840893
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I don't really collect funko pops, but I'd like to get that Walt Disney pop
blackcauldron85

More Disney100 Funko POP! Figures Revealed, Release Dates & Pre-Orders Now Available
https://wdwnt.com/?p=842313

The Walt Pop is sold out (of course because it's awesome). Why are the poster Pops $60?! Are they poster-sized?? And yay Oswald!!!
Disney's Divinity

I love that Hakuna Mutata pop! I'll probably get that one. Plus the old short versions of Goofy and Donald. Partly because I have Steamboat Mickey anyway, but also for Kingdom Hearts reasons. Maybe one day they'll make a variant of Sora the way he looks in the Steamboat Willie world and I would put him with Donald and Goofy. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I love the posters Pops, but those are steep prices. I've been downsizing my collection, but would consider getting all of those, unless they do posters for every DAC, since that would be overkill. But those three films and the Oswald short are a perfect start.

Also love the Hakuna Matata figure, but I had to sell off my movie moments collection a while ago.
Disney's Divinity

I think some of the poster pops are nice, but they take up way too much room. But, yeah, $$$ reasons make it even easier to pass on them, too; making everything exclusive means everything's higher. *sigh* I only got the TLK one because I didn't have anything else TLK-related other than Scar pops and because it's the best moment of the movie (Simba on the rock).

I looked back through that link you posted blackcauldron85, and realized I missed Oswald. I mean, I saw the poster pop one of him, but I didn't realize they were also making a normal one for him, too. I'll get the normal one for sure. I might have some more money soon, we'll see how it goes. If all works out with that, I plan to pick up the rest of the Disney Villain pop carts to go with Ursula + the rest of the Ultimate Princess pops and the new villain ones (the ones where they stand on circle pads) that I had passed on because of money considerations. :D And maybe some other things like Jodi Benson's POYW book, TLM Script book, etc. Things I had planned to get, but was going to wait on.
blackcauldron85

🤞🤞 that you get that $, DD!!

So the poster Pops are jumbo-sized? Unless they make a TBC one (with new Pops), I can't justify that cost, but just curious!
Disney's Divinity

Thank you! :) The VHS poster pops aren't as tall as real posters I don't think? The ones I've got are about as tall as a ruler. That still takes up a lot of space though. :P
blackcauldron85

So the Pops are ruler-sized or just the poster part?