Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Just the poster part. I suppose if the price tag is 3X the normal price, perhaps the poster part is larger on these new ones.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thank you! $60 (or $45 poster + $15 Pop or whatever) for a poster just is too much IMO.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I went to Box Lunch earlier today and saw a Funko Poster in person- The Wizard of Oz- and they are pretty darn big, and indeed $60. I don't think that I can justify buying these regularly, but might make an exception for a favorite movie or two, like for Fantasia.
blackcauldron85

I think beyond the cost, finding places to display the posters might be challenging! That's cool that you saw one in the wild. :D
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Is it the first time a Disney character not from the canon films gets a Funko pop?

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Some really cool-looking stuff here! My favorites are Snow White in her maid outfit, Tiana and Naveen, and Mary Poppins and Bert on their carousel horses. I am curious about the Pop of Walt with Dumbo and Timothy, though. Is there a basis for that, like being taken from a photo or something?

Edit: In hindsight, I have noticed that Naveen looks a bit... paler than his animated self, and that's not a great look IMO. A shame, because I really liked the idea of this one.
Farerb wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:35 am Is it the first time a Disney character not from the canon films gets a Funko pop?

I checked, and it looks like a couple of Angel Pops have been made.
Disney's Divinity

Child!Mirabel is adorable! Hopefully they'll make a new version of her older self soon. The new Tiana Bayou Dress is so pretty, too! It's in the gesture she makes when she first realizes she's human again. :D Ha, I'm looking at one picture at a time and keep going, ah! all over again. The one of Tiana and Naveen together from the end of the movie is so pretty, too. <3 So is the Eugene and Rapunzel "I See the Light" Moment! :o (Although the colors on that one don't look vibrant for some reason--maybe it's supposed to have a glow-in-the-dark variant???) Steamboat Willie Mickey w/ boat!! So cute. Those are the ones I'm getting for sure, I'll probably pass on the Cinderella and Elsa ones, the new ones for them don't look quite as pretty as the new one for Tiana, but maybe it's just me? I wish I could've got the Moana Ride from a year or two back (as well as the previous pop they made for that same outfit she's wearing there). Maybe I can find a Used Copy of those somewhere.

It's a good thing I have more $$$ coming in now, because it looks like they're going all out for the 100th anniversary. Wow. Now I'm just waiting for them to announce Pop Towns of all the princess castles. :lol: I'd like to get a Walt pop eventually (only one), but I'm not sure I've liked any of the ones they've made so far.

@Avaitor: Well, from what I noticed, Rapunzel and Flynn are also paler than they should be, too (and that includes their hair)? I think this is the first pop we've ever got of Naveen in his human form. (Hopefully now they have a mold, a variant of his Bayou Wedding Outfit to go with Tiana won't be far behind!) I know there have been pops in the recent past that aren't as vibrant as they could be. The colors on the Queen of Hearts pop that came with the King of Hearts doesn't pop like the one they made years back where she holds the flamingo club, and the recent pop Movie Moment of Ariel with Statue!Eric sort of annoys me because Ariel's hair is very washed out, too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That's not just a Tiana Bayou Wedding Pop, that's the water magic transforming her, too! And Aurora has the dress-color-changing magic! But OH MY GOD they have a Cinderella transformation magic Pop!!!! I guess I"ll be buying one Pop in my life after all!
blackcauldron85

Links to order these are here:
https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/di ... fair-2023/

Walt with Dumbo and Timothy is based on a picture (go to pic 3):
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/fu67996

Money's been super duper tight but I have a refund sitting on one credit card so I'm getting the Walt with Dumbo and Timothy and Naveen/Tiana (sigh, I do see that he's kinda pale, but I still love the moment). 😔. I still don't have room for new Pops...I know I'd be disappointed if these sold out.
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:09 pm That's not just a Tiana Bayou Wedding Pop, that's the water magic transforming her, too! And Aurora has the dress-color-changing magic! But OH MY GOD they have a Cinderella transformation magic Pop!!!! I guess I"ll be buying one Pop in my life after all!
I didn't see it at first, but I did notice before I posted last night. I think in a way the magic on hers looks better than with Cinderella and Elsa because theirs is more like glitter whereas hers is translucent? I love the Elsa and Cinderella transformations in the films themselves though, I just didn't think they were as pretty myself. (It doesn't help that Elsa's leg is so large???)

Still, I think this is only the second time they've made Cinderella in her ballgown (as she appears in the movie, not with that mop hair the Disney Princess makeover gave her at one time), so I imagine a lot of people will get it for that reason. The last one was from more 2012 or earlier, when pops first started, I believe (she was one of the first I got along with Snow White, Maleficent, Belle, Beast, and the Queen). Thankfully they used the proper colors just like that first pop for the hair and the gown (reddish blonde and silver, respectively) again.

@blackcauldron: Thank you for posting the links. I didn't think they'd be coming soon. I looked up the link for the TLK Movie Moment and it said something about it not coming until May-June (I could be wrong).
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I've become a lot more selective in what Pop's I pick up, but those magical transformation pieces (Aurora, Cinderella, and Tiana specifically) are GORGEOUS! I'm hunting those down right away!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

blackcauldron85 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:52 am Walt with Dumbo and Timothy is based on a picture (go to pic 3):
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/fu67996
I see! I've never seen this photo to me, but I like it! I feel like you seldom saw Walt with another character than Mickey, and he looks proud here.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Funko updated the picture of Naveen and Tiana's pop after the backlash:

blackcauldron85

^ change in lighting or Photoshop or recoloring the Pop, do you think?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The image is definitely photoshopped, but after this I don't think they'll dare to release the pop as it was seen in the previous image.
Disney's Divinity

At first, I didn't think it looked any different, and assumed the only reason he looked so light in the earlier picture was because of the lighting (with the shadows in the new one accounting for the better color). But zoning in on the hands, I do think they changed the color to make it darker.

Either way, I planned to get it, but I do hope it's the one where the skin is darker and more accurate to the movie. I wish the "I See the Light" Moment would fix its colors to be more vivid (the hair, the skin, Pascal, etc.), but I don't know if they will since it's not a "controversy," which draws more attention. I'll still get it, but I wish the colors were stronger.
blackcauldron85

Per a Books a Million email I just got, it looks like the Reuben and Tiana transformation pops are their exclusives.
Disney's Divinity

I've never got a Books-a-Million pop before. But it's better than Entertainment Earth, which the TP&TF Movie Moment and one of the others is ending up at just like the Sebastian pop I still need to pick up (and the Flynn pop before). I don't get how the Entertainment Earth site works for you to order anything??? All I know is to buy anything from there second-hand through Amazon. :?

Anyway, I had the thought earlier that if they were going to make another pop of the Snow White in rags variant, I wish it had been a Movie Moment of her either at the well or on the balcony with the dove as the Prince sings below. That would’ve fit with the theme of those other two Moments, too. Like Naveen, the Prince still has never received a pop. :/
blackcauldron85

^ I didn't have a problem preordering the Pops the other day on Entertainment Earth (I did it on my phone). I got email confirmations and my credit card was charged $1.25 x 2; I'm guessing that'll be refunded and they'll actually charge me when they ship?

Are your computer or phone cookie settings or security settings not allowing you to order?