The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, sorry you guys have had nightmares with stuff not turning out how you expected and in Amy's case, identity theft! I really hope your order turns out ok, Amy, let us know!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ Thank you! I don't know why I didn't look up reviews until afterwards. Have you ever had an issue ordering from an artist's personal website? The only personal websites I've ordered from were Hanson and Jonas Brothers, but I've never had issues with security or anything.
Not as of yet, thank God. I especially hate websites where they won't just let you buy as a guest and force you to make an account...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^I usually agree with the checkout-as-guest thing, but sometimes it's good to have proof of the order on the website, vs. just an email, I think? Like, I pre-ordered TGMD Pops a long time ago, and at one point money was a little tighter than it is right now so I thought about canceling it, but I checked out as guest, so I didn't think I could. (I'm going to keep the order now because I have a little extra $, but still, that's one thing that's nice about making an account, I guess.)

And Disney Duster, thank you! The identify theft thing sucked. I came home from work one day with a credit card in the mail I didn't sign up for, and then the next day, too. Luckily it was just the 2, but I had to go to the police station to file a report, and I had to deal with credit card companies and stuff...and it's really scary, because who was it? It could have been a (former) co-worker who people found with personal information of other co-workers (but at the time I didn't think of this, and I had no proof, anyway); my husband thought maybe it was my ex...I didn't think so because he wouldn't want legal trouble and he wouldn't know my address...or it could have been a stranger in a way I don't know about. Just really sucks. It's totally scary to know how easy it is for bad people to get your information. Luckily everything was cleared from my credit, I didn't have to pay for the merchandise they bought with the cards, but it was just a lot of work on my part.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, yes that sounds so scary! But thank God you didn't have to pay for the stuff!
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:^I usually agree with the checkout-as-guest thing, but sometimes it's good to have proof of the order on the website, vs. just an email, I think? Like, I pre-ordered TGMD Pops a long time ago, and at one point money was a little tighter than it is right now so I thought about canceling it, but I checked out as guest, so I didn't think I could. (I'm going to keep the order now because I have a little extra $, but still, that's one thing that's nice about making an account, I guess.)
Actually, most stores will give you an order confirmation number that allows you to track and/or cancel the order even if you shop as a Guest.
blackcauldron85

^ Yeah, I was going to look for that #, and maybe I found it but couldn't figure out where on the website to go? IDK. But I'll still get those Pops!

And I did get my notebook (and pens and erasers) order, a day early, but it was weird. I didn't get an email confirming the order until I wrote them a nasty PM on Facebook, and I didn't get my credit card charged until writing them a not-nasty PM on Facebook. So I won't be buying from them again, but I'm glad it worked out. I went this morning on their website to remove my credit card info, but it said "Add a Card," so maybe they didn't store it...I'll have to keep a watch on it.

Just to vent about something else: I volunteer with a dog rescue, and I received a voicemail asking if I could do a home visit for a potential adopter who lives 11 miles away. Um, it's a pandemic. I'll wear a mask, but can this person assure me that they don't have the coronavirus???!! I know that the dogs still need to be adopted, and we only adopt after a home visit/interview, and I can't deny a dog a good home, but I don't want to get sick! #nervous #anxiety
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I know you'd talked in the past about issues you had with your workplace and how your doctor recommended you get another job to get away from the environment, so I imagine the Coronavirus would be even more frightening because of those prior conditions/problems. The next month is going to be really crazy with workplaces being forced to open up or go out of business... I hope everything will be alright and that you're able to help the dog be adopted without anything happening.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Hoping the Dog can be found a home
blackcauldron85

Thanks, you two <3 I scheduled the home visit for tomorrow, but I did most of the interview questions over the phone. The lady doesn't have a fenced-in yard, so that's one less thing I have to examine at her house! I'll wear my mask, and she said that she hasn't been sick and no one she knows has been sick, so fingers crossed.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, Amy, I am glad you got your order, and I hope you don't get sick from that home visit. I prayed for you. So, if I understand it, you visit homes to see if that home is ok for the person at that home to adopt a dog?
blackcauldron85

Thank you very much, DD!! <3 Yes, exactly. While pretty much anyone can go to a shelter to adopt an animal (even though I think there needs to be registries for animal abusers; I think in FL they're working on it as part of a bigger law?), usually rescue groups are more particular. Most rescue groups use foster homes, so instead of the animals being all in one particular place, they're spread out in volunteers' homes. And their medical needs are paid for by the rescue group. So they want to make sure that the animals go to the best home. So one task I do as a volunteer is do home visits, to see the condition of the home, if there's a fence, make sure that there aren't gaps that a dog can get out, is there a pool/hot tub/body of water that the dog has easy access to and could drown?, if they already have animals at that home, do they appear to be taken care of/are there water bowls around, and just to see if the person seems decent. The adoption coordinator (and also the foster coordinator) also screen applicants based on the application and phone interviews. A lot goes into dog adoption!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow! Well you are totally awesome for doing all that to help poor animals in need!
blackcauldron85

Thank you! The home visit went well; since we did most of the interview over the phone, it didn't take long, but then she wanted to sit and chat... :shock: And then my husband wanted me to stop at the store! I had my mask; the dog home visit lady didn't, and most of the customers at the store didn't! It was my first time out besides the vet in 2 months, and I was shocked.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad the visit went well! But that is shocking hardly any one was wearing masks!
blackcauldron85

One of my dogs was diagnosed with kidney disease last year. Last week he took a turn for the worse so he had tests done, and he's on medicine and at least he's eating again. Kidney disease isn't reversible so it's not like he can be anything other than stable but at least he's a little better than he was. Super stressful and I'm broke. Work has been stressful and not enjoyable and I'm torn on if I want to look for another job. That takes energy. Last night 2 of my other dogs kept me up and I took a nap but I'm exhausted. No energy.

I've been so busy I miss this place! Hopefully I'll have time to go through all the posts.

I just wanted to vent and say I miss you guys.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I’am sorry you’re going through such a tough time, Amy
blackcauldron85

Thank you, Rose. <3. I hope you're doing well.
Disney's Divinity

I had noticed you hadn't posted much lately, and assumed real life must be keeping you busy. I really hope your dog still has a long time left ahead of him and that a good job where you won't be miserable will just drop in front of you! I'm sorry everything's on top of you right now, but I will pray for things to get better for both him and you.
blackcauldron85

Thank you, Disney's Divinity. <3. I appreciate that very much. Some meals he'll eat and some he won't. What sucks is this supply chain issue and dog supplies. Some stores barely have any dog food in stock, other dog supplies, and even dog medicine, at vet or online, is out , or out for a while and then comes back way more expensive. So Bean gets a food he kind of likes but then no one sells it anymore and have to hope he likes the next kind. You know, my friend sent me an article that Target will be hiring in some places for $24 to attract workers. I doubt if it's the bottom level employees making that (and I bet it's more like NYC-type places getting that high pay), but if that were true, I'd work at Target. Maybe I'd be less stressed.

*Edit* just thinking about the Target thing...I wouldn't get an hour lunch break to let the dogs out and you can't plan doctors' appointments when you work retail unless your manager actually cares to give you that time off. Retail was less stressful, but I don't miss those aspects of it. In general I liked retail except for the low pay, the hours, and family saying you can aspire to more (at the same time saying "such and such company is good"... Mixed messages. Sorry for rambling, just had that thought...and I don't mean any disrespect to people working in retail, either who like it or want something different for themselves. It can be a solid career with a company, if only the pay historically has been higher and the hours more regular. And with the Target thing, that may be $24/hr but not even for full time. Retail loves to hire people but keep them at part time.

I wish all of us, just everyone really, could earn an honest living and not struggle with money. Back in the day people could work and by a house as a store clerk or house painter (my grandfather) and while not be rich, be comfortable. Housing prices, and now gas, groceries, etc, just make it near impossible to be able to comfortably get by for the average Joe.

#rant over!
blackcauldron85

Another of my dogs isn't doing great. Found out today that Hunter has spleen/liver cancer. He hasn't been eating much the past few days and he's been spitting up. It sucks. I'm so sad. All my dogs are just getting old and either have or are getting health issues.