The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, living with that pain sounds so terrible, and waiting all that time is just nuts. Thank God you have that lawyer now. I think it's great you would like to open a store!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Except the lawyer doesn't care for me.

I was referred to this lawyer (that handles cases like mine) through a friend. The lawyer asked me to send him all the medical records I had. I did. That's how he told me he's sure I'm supposed to get disability.

I sent the papers to him and he filed them through. Yet after that I've tried to talk to him for months regarding my case and he hasn't answered a single time.

...even when he told me that if there were news or something that had to do with this to contact him.

If I could I'd get another lawyer. One that cares. But, as you know, I have no money. So I'm crossing my fingers this time I can finally get the disability.

Thank you again for your words.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Have you contacted his law firm? I advise first trying to call the receptionist, leaving a message for your lawyer. If that doesn't work, try calling again, asking for...I don't know what any titles are, but his manager or someone, explaining that you can't reach him...?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, man, he hasn't responded? Well, hopefully he finally will, or even if not, that you do get disability!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so sorry for your situation, DC Fan. I'm not sure what else to say except that I'll send up prayers that things will improve for you. The past two years, my mother's also been attempting to get disability for something I know she's not faking and I understand how difficult it is. The government is always looking for excuses to deny people who need the assistance here, so I can only assume the same is true with the government in Spain. I hope things change for you. :(
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Thanks to all.

Yesterday I had a VERY bad day. I told my doctor it´s getting difficult to me to even get the medication. He tried to help and sent me to the social worker. A social worked that put me down.

She was the one that told me to not focus on the disability and that even if I got it wouldn´t do me any good since the government wouldn´t give me any money or find me a job.

...exactly the opposite of what the lawyer told me. He said to focus on the disability and once I got it I would get all the help I needed.

I seem to remember that he told me that social workers try to turn down people so they won´t ask for disabilities. I knew that yet I felt really depressed.

PS

I will contact my lawyer soon.
blackcauldron85

Wow, I'm sorry. :( Yeah, definitely see what the lawyer says, especially if he already warned you about social workers doing that. For your medication, is there a mail-order pharmacy that you could use, to get your meds delivered to your home?
Disney's Divinity

Yes, people in the system are going to try to make things as difficult for you as possible. :( It's easier said than done especially in the moment, but you have to try to remain strong.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Gosh, that sucks so much DC Fan! Well, it's true, what my friend says about how they make it hard for people to get money from the government. Hopefully your lawyer fixes things. Keep trying, because that's what the government does, makes you keep working at it until they finally give it to you!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am sorry about what you've been going through, DC Fan
blackcauldron85

This is a minor thing but I still need to vent. I was looking for a good deal on notebooks (just paper notebooks!) and I came across a website. Usually I would do research before ordering from a site I never heard of, but for some reason I was dumb and did not. So I placed my order, and I did not get a confirmation email. Then I do research, and so many people have been scammed by this company, and now I'm freaking out that they have my credit card information, my address, etc. I don't see a section on the website to cancel, so I just sent the company a Facebook message (since in people's Facebook complaint posts, they say to either call or PM them), and I said that if they won't cancel the order before they process it (I haven't been charged yet), I will tell my bank to dispute the charge, get a new credit card, and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I dealt with identity theft last year through no fault of my own, so now to make a dumb mistake like this-- I'm worried and nervous and upset...over stupid office supplies. If it weren't for COVID, I could've just gone to the regular store. I didn't want to order from Target or Walmart or Amazon because those workers are walking out (sorry, I can't think of the right term), and they need to fill mask and soap and glove orders, you know?

Have you ever bought something from a shady company? Did they charge your credit card extra? Did they threaten to send you to collections or something? (Reading reviews of this company, their purpose is to provide office supplies to businesses, so as an "average Joe" maybe I shouldn't have bought from them. A lot of the complaints are that they bought a membership but were mislead... I didn't do that.) Fingers crossed they'll cancel the order and it'll be fine, but ugggggh.... :angry: :huh:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Ugh, I’m sorry you are dealing with this Amy! I’ve bought things online before because I thought I was getting a good deal only to do research on the cons after purchasing it or booking it... I get so excited I don’t think straight. Hopefully everything works out for you and they just cancel your order!
blackcauldron85

Thank you <3 When it happened to you, were you able to get your $ back easily?

*edit* This morning @ 7:30am the company wrote me back on Facebook saying that the order is in a processing queue, and they're sorry that I'm questioning their credibility based on FB reviews, and that the issue people keep posting about is being charged for canceled orders, but they're just seeing a pending charge on their bank account... I wrote back that since (at 8:30am) I finally got the confirmation email for the order that I will hold off on doing anything yet, but if there are any issues with the order, I will take action. OMG all this fuss over office supplies. Lesson learned. Maybe it'll be a great experience, who knows, and maybe I won't have to contact my bank and maybe the company won't charge me for fraudulent orders in the future...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh no! All that hassle... I hate when companies say things like that “sorry you’re questioning us based on FB reviews,” lol that’s not going to alleviate the situation in any way..

In my situation, I toughed it out (it was a hotel reservation that wasn’t quite I expected when making the reservation). I hate confrontation of any kind, I need to get better at that.
blackcauldron85

^Now I'm being nosy and I'm curious about the hotel reservation- did they give you a room you weren't expecting, or was the hotel dirty and gross when the website promised it'd be spotless and clean!? I don't like drama- I can't deal and it bugs me for a looong time- but I do stand up for myself when need be! And I just can't be in the position to have my information swiped again- that was a lot of time and money (not a lot but I had to pay to get things notarized, etc.), and worry!

#vent over! I'll try to remember to post an update if the order goes through without issue!!!!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The hotel was in a bad area which I could have found out if I’d done more research before booking so that’s on me, but then at check-in they charged us an $150 as a balance to use their little snack shop (we got the money back after our stay was over but we had saved up that money for our trip), the elevator was sketchy (I think a lot of times the doors stayed closed when you reached your floor, I forget what it was exactly), and it was so noisy outside there were complimentary ear plugs left on our pillows. The room was clean and the staff was very nice but I could have stayed at a nicer hotel for a little more money.
blackcauldron85

Wow, not cool that they held your $150 for snacks without telling you. :angry: OMG a not working elevator would give me nightmares. Did you write an online review to warn people that while it's clean, it's loud and they hold your $ and a nightmare elevator?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh yeah! I definitely wished I knew all that stuff before booking so I made sure others would in the future.
Disney's Divinity

I’m so sorry, bc85! Hopefully everything will be fine. I get scared of something like that, which is why I pretty much stick to well-known places like Amazon or BarnesandNoble or HotTopic. I have made one-off purchases from other websites if it’s something I really want and can only get there, and it always makes me a little anxious. One of the worst things is how, with physical media dying out, sometimes the only way I can get a new artist's album in CD format is ordering from their personal website... :/

It can happen to anyone and that's what's scary. :(
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you! I don't know why I didn't look up reviews until afterwards. Have you ever had an issue ordering from an artist's personal website? The only personal websites I've ordered from were Hanson and Jonas Brothers, but I've never had issues with security or anything.