Guardians of the Galaxy

All topics on all things Marvel.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Barbossa »

Great movie. I loved it and will see it again, hopefully on IMAX.

Regarding the end scene and the appearance by said character sans cigar, is Disney planning to reboot that character in his own series? Afterall, they do own Lucasfilm now too. Would They be able to get Lea Thompson back? ;-)

I think all the kids out there that didn't grow up in the 80s are going to wonder who the heck that character was.

Crap, now I can't get the Pina Colada song out of my head... "...if you're not into Yoga, if you have half-a-brain..."
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Barbossa wrote:Regarding the end scene and the appearance by said character sans cigar, is Disney planning to reboot that character in his own series?
Quite possible. Marvel Comics has recently scheduled a "Howard the Duck" omnibus for release in October, so maybe they're trying to raise awareness for the character and get people interested. Same thing happened a couple of years ago with GotG.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Mooky wrote:
Barbossa wrote:Regarding the end scene and the appearance by said character sans cigar, is Disney planning to reboot that character in his own series?
Quite possible. Marvel Comics has recently scheduled a "Howard the Duck" omnibus for release in October, so maybe they're trying to raise awareness for the character and get people interested. Same thing happened a couple of years ago with GotG.

I think that it was simply a joke. Nothing more. With all of the other characters to bring to the big screen, I don't think that one has high priority especially since Disney already owns a movie starring him.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Maerj wrote:
Mooky wrote: Quite possible. Marvel Comics has recently scheduled a "Howard the Duck" omnibus for release in October, so maybe they're trying to raise awareness for the character and get people interested. Same thing happened a couple of years ago with GotG.
I think that it was simply a joke. Nothing more. With all of the other characters to bring to the big screen, I don't think that one has high priority especially since Disney already owns a movie starring him.
Even though Disney has bought Lucasfilm and Marvel, I think Universal still holds the rights to the Howard the Duck movie. Much like how Paramount still owns all of the Indiana Jones movies.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Saw it last night and I freaking loved it!

I've never been a comic book fan, and the only super hero I really care about is Batman (and even then, it's mostly from growing up watching The Animated Series)... but this was the first time that I've ever REALLY liked a comic movie that isn't Batman.

Movies like Iron-Man and The Avengers just did absolutely nothing for me... but Guardians of the Galaxy was so much fun. I'll definitely be buying this on Blu-ray when it comes out.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

One of the better sci-fi movies in recent memory and one of the best comic book movies around.

Saw it 4 times and it rocks.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

For those interested, Star Lord and Gamora will be making their first in-park appearance at the Villains Unleashed event on the 23rd at Hollywood Studios. The first Marvel characters in Orlando!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... d-studios/
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Oh how cool, sounds interesting.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

This movie was amazing and everything a comic book movie should be! Love that it's going to be the #1 movie of the year (until Hunger Games comes out) when most people weren't familiar with the source material at all.

Marvel has been on point lately. Captain America: Winter Soldier and GOTG are probably the best Marvel movies ever and they both came out in the same year.
LADY Image CLUCK
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Phase 2>Phase 1, for sure

I know that Iron Man 3 and The Dark World weren't perfect, but they're both far stronger than the second Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, and I do kind of like the latter. Winter Soldier and GOTG, meanwhile, are just fantastic.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Is this anyone's fave Marvel film this year?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Lady Cluck wrote:This movie was amazing and everything a comic book movie should be!
Actually, that's what ALL Marvel comic-based films have been lately. That's how they differ from DC comic movies. Marvel movies aren't afraid to remain faithful while DC films (namely the Dark Knight trilogy, which don't get me wrong, is amazing) are being a bit too realistic. I mean, Bane seemed a bit too normal compared to his comic counterpart.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

James Gunn began writing Guardians of the Galaxy Sequel 3 months ago
http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/10/21/jam ... onths-ago/

I saw the film in theaters and really liked it. I'm not a huge fan of superhero films but it was highly recommended and it did not disappoint. For the first time, I was happy that Disney owns Marvel (besides for BH6 which will be amazing).

*edit*

Soundtrack coming out on cassette:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-gua ... day-73067/
blackcauldron85

James Gunn on “Guardians of the Galaxy” as a classic film and his thoughts on the sequel(s)
http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/11/14/jam ... e-sequels/

Pre-Order Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy on Blu-Ray, DVD, and in 3D!
http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/11/14/pre ... and-in-3d/

Official Home Video Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy
http://laughingplace.com/w/news/2014/11 ... he-galaxy/
blackcauldron85

Guardians Of The Galaxy Animated Series To Be Unrelated To Film
http://comicbook.com/2014/11/14/guardia ... d-to-film/
blackcauldron85

Watch "I Am Groot" in 15 Languages
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-wat ... axy-73372/

Guardians of the Galaxy Now Available on Disney Movies Anywhere
http://laughingplace.com/w/news/2014/11 ... -anywhere/
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

6 of those I Am Groots were Vin Diesel himself. They were English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian & Mandarin.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Guardians of the Galaxy became available today on my Vudu/UltraViolet cloud. Gonna watch it at least twice in the next couple of days.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
blackcauldron85