SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND INFORMATION!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND INFORMATION!

Post by disneyprincess11 »

So, I was looking up the weekly DL news at Mouseplanet.com and they mentioned that information about Shanghai Disneyland will be released. So, I look up "Shanghai Disneyland" on Google, and I found concept art of it.

From ScreamScrape.com:

And here's the logo (so far):

And I found some juicy gossip and rumors about it. :wink:

RUMORS:
From ScreamScape.com

*According to Disney and More the small mountain looking structure in the artwork for Shanghai Disneyland may very well be a new version of Pirates of the Caribbean. The popular theory, which I’ve heard elsewhere as well, is that the modernized version of Pirates, based entirely off the film series and not the old classic ride, that was designed once for Hong Kong Disneyland may very well be built in Shanghai as one of the premier E-Ticket rides.
*According to this report a Shanghai official has confirmed that the long term plan for the resort is to open three separate theme parks at the resort. While nothing has been set in stone, they are currently said to be planning them out as their own versions of Epcot and Animal Kingdom, though a lot can change between now and when they start work on them.
*It'll open in 2015/2016.
ACCORDING TO DISNEY AND MORE:
* For instance, as it was revealed by an Imagineer during the D23 members private visit of WDI last December "there will be no Main Street" in this park. So, don't waste your time to try to find it on the artwork.
If the Pirates of the Carribean rumor is true, HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE! :o There'll be pretty much no need of Splash Mountain there. And I think it's true b/c look:

And I'm disappointed that there's no Main Street in it..it won't be the same. :(
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Thanks for the update !
I'm really happy for the new POTC ride, but what on earth is that castle based on ?!
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Jack Skellington wrote:Thanks for the update !
I'm really happy for the new POTC ride, but what on earth is that castle based on ?!
That was exactly the first thing I wanted to know. You think they will go with the Emperor's palace from Mulan?
I was also just thinking, or toying with the idea of, a park with a different movie landscape; the Pride Rock may be, a space ship from Lilo & Stitch, or something playful like that. May be that would be a good idea for the side park instead to keep the tradition going.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

The emperor's palace isn't a fictional place though... it's just the forbidden city. Really, I can't see anything in the pictures that reveal enough of the castle to make me think it looks like anything. The photo that points it out looks a bit like a blurry version of Cindy's.

Honestly though, I'd overall be happy as long as it's something different. I never personally knew Walt, but I'm pretty sure it was never his intention to just replicate himself. On top of that, it's extremely boring.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Yeah, that's what I thought.. The could always Disney-fy it.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

although the Chinese really love disney....

It'd be a lot like Disney re-creating The Statue of Liberty as Minnie Mouse and making it the central landmark of a theme park based on chinese culture here in the US.

I think the reason why the Chinese LOVE Disney so much is in part because it is an American Company. Why would they, or anyone really, re-create something they already have? It seems that this park is really trying to be it's own thing, which I'm admiring so far but I don't think they'll go as far as to stray from a Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella-esque castle.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Jack Skellington wrote:Thanks for the update !
No problem. I'm guessing it's Cinderella's Castle b/c if you look carefully, you defientely see a castle.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

There is also is supposedly going to be a TRON attraction as well but what kind is not known yet....

As far as the castle goes there have been several speculations but a lot of people are saying it will be a whole new castle claiming Snow White's or Ariel's. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cinderella's though since Hong Kong has Sleeping Beauty's.

I think the whole design is interesting especially going away from the wheel hub, it all sounds really exciting hopefully most of this makes it off the drawing board
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

By the way, that second concept art picture looks a lot like the one they released before Animal Kingdom was built....I think that may Animal Kingdom's
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

WonderlandFever wrote:By the way, that second concept art picture looks a lot like the one they released before Animal Kingdom was built....I think that may Animal Kingdom's
Now that I look at it, you can definately see the Tree of Life, central island, lake by Asia, safari ride, train in back going to the conservation station, and the roller coaster in dinoland.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

WonderlandFever wrote:By the way, that second concept art picture looks a lot like the one they released before Animal Kingdom was built....I think that may Animal Kingdom's
D'oh! :o Yea, I just noticed the Safari ride and the Tree of Life. Thanks for letting me know! :oops:
WonderlandFever wrote:There is also is supposedly going to be a TRON attraction as well but what kind is not known yet....

As far as the castle goes there have been several speculations but a lot of people are saying it will be a whole new castle claiming Snow White's or Ariel's. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cinderella's though since Hong Kong has Sleeping Beauty's.

I think the whole design is interesting especially going away from the wheel hub, it all sounds really exciting hopefully most of this makes it off the drawing board
Yeah, and I heard Rapunzel's tower is going to be there too. Thanks for letting us know about the castle.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

The more and more I hear about this park the more and more I think I'm going to like it. I LOVE the idea of having a different version of POTC and that the are not going to have a main street USA. I feel like a broken record saying it, but I've always felt that cloning the parks was always the wrong idea. Each park should be different, but maintain some familiarity. Disneyland Paris does this very well.

However, I absolutely don't like the idea of them creating their own versions of Epcot and Animal Kingdom. IMO the side parks should remain completely unique. I'd love to see what they could come up with completely independent from a formula. A villains park would be my dream come true.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Oh that's OK in all the excitement sometimes it happens :)

I think the park sounds really great too, I have to admit, I have always dreamed of a villain's themed park as well.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Where's the tree of life and safari ride? I don't see it anywhere on that concept pic
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

singerguy04 wrote:The more and more I hear about this park the more and more I think I'm going to like it. I LOVE the idea of having a different version of POTC and that the are not going to have a main street USA. I feel like a broken record saying it, but I've always felt that cloning the parks was always the wrong idea. Each park should be different, but maintain some familiarity. Disneyland Paris does this very well.

However, I absolutely don't like the idea of them creating their own versions of Epcot and Animal Kingdom. IMO the side parks should remain completely unique. I'd love to see what they could come up with completely independent from a formula. A villains park would be my dream come true.
IDK about this park. From what I'm seeing so far, it looks too tiny. Lovin' POTC though! :o
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Super Aurora wrote:Where's the tree of life and safari ride? I don't see it anywhere on that concept pic
That was actually on another concept picture...it was actually one of Animal Kingdom, I thought it was Shanghai DL. Long story how I mixed them up.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

New pictures have been posted, from the looks of it, it looks like a slightly altered version of Cinderella castle, but I'm gonna be optimistic and I'll say it could be based on Snow White.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ey-resort/
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

The castle looks gorgeous, they are calling it Storybook Castle as of right now and they are saying it will be the biggest castle yet but yeah it looks like a much larger Cinderella Castle but it is different still.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Jack Skellington wrote:New pictures have been posted, from the looks of it, it looks like a slightly altered version of Cinderella castle, but I'm gonna be optimistic and I'll say it could be based on Snow White.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ey-resort/
Oh yeah! I meant to post that! Thanks! :) I think its Cinderella because of the colors.

But, man this looks so different without Main Street! Here are the pics BTW:

And some info:
Shanghai Disneyland will be the name of the theme park itself, but the property will also have two themed hotels, a venue for retail, dining and entertainment, a wonderful sparkling lagoon and some outdoor recreation areas.

With Shanghai Disney Resort, we have the chance to introduce the Disney Parks experience to an entirely new group of guests. Scheduled to open in about five years, our new resort in Shanghai will include things that you know and love about a Disney theme park such as Disney characters, attractions and storytelling… but it will also feature all-new experiences and stories that were inspired by and created for the people of China. The best way to describe this new resort is authentically Disney, yet distinctly Chinese.
So, it'll open around 2016. It looks beautiful and it sounds amazing!
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

oops I forgot to post earlier, here is the official website:

http://en.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/en