SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND INFORMATION!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

Another pic of Storybook Castle from ProgressCity
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

WonderlandFever wrote:Image

Another pic of Storybook Castle from ProgressCity
You're AMAZING! Thanks for posting this and website! Yeah, this castle will be so different from the others!

HEY, wait a minute! :o Not to mean to be off-topic, but wasn't Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland originally called Storybook Castle?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Well from the name, we could assume that it won't be based on one fairytale, but rather it will house murals from most if not all the fairytales.

Oh and I just copied and pasted this statement from the website link that Wonderland Fever posted:
"At the heart of the park will be Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself. "
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Jack Skellington wrote:Well from the name, we could assume that it won't be based on one fairytale, but rather it will house murals from most if not all the fairytales.

Oh and I just copied and pasted this statement from the website link that Wonderland Fever posted:
"At the heart of the park will be Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself. "
Oooooooh! :o 2016, get your butt here NOW!
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Yes from what I'm thinking this is going to be a mixture of different castles and a place to meet all the princesses. If you look at that drawing from earlier you can kind of see Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty castle a little bit of Belle and even Rapunzel, it's going to be very cool.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

WonderlandFever wrote:Yes from what I'm thinking this is going to be a mixture of different castles and a place to meet all the princesses. If you look at that drawing from earlier you can kind of see Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty castle a little bit of Belle and even Rapunzel, it's going to be very cool.
Wow, that would be AMAZING! O___O
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qMtZ9lu4qck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

In April, we officially broke ground on Shanghai Disney Resort, our sixth resort destination around the world and our third in Asia. That’s when Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, shared a few early renderings of the resort.

Today we’ve got more to share. At the D23 Expo, Tom and Bob Weis, Executive Vice President, Creative, Walt Disney Imagineering, updated us on the progress being made on the resort and gave us a sneak peek at the new Enchanted Storybook Castle.

The Enchanted Storybook Castle is going to be the largest and most immersive castle at any Disney park around the world and it will be the first of our castles not dedicated to a specific princess because it represents all of them. Inside, guests will be able to explore the multi-level castle, which will feature a princess meet and greet, the first ever Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique princess makeover experience inside a castle and Once Upon a Time Adventure, a large-scale, walkthrough experience. Also for the first time, the castle will be part of a boat ride attraction that will be one of the anchor experiences of Fantasyland.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f3h-cnalq6A" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This will be amazing! simply gorgeous can't wait to visit :D
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

WonderlandFever wrote:In April, we officially broke ground on Shanghai Disney Resort, our sixth resort destination around the world and our third in Asia. That’s when Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, shared a few early renderings of the resort.

Today we’ve got more to share. At the D23 Expo, Tom and Bob Weis, Executive Vice President, Creative, Walt Disney Imagineering, updated us on the progress being made on the resort and gave us a sneak peek at the new Enchanted Storybook Castle.

The Enchanted Storybook Castle is going to be the largest and most immersive castle at any Disney park around the world and it will be the first of our castles not dedicated to a specific princess because it represents all of them. Inside, guests will be able to explore the multi-level castle, which will feature a princess meet and greet, the first ever Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique princess makeover experience inside a castle and Once Upon a Time Adventure, a large-scale, walkthrough experience. Also for the first time, the castle will be part of a boat ride attraction that will be one of the anchor experiences of Fantasyland.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f3h-cnalq6A" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This will be amazing! simply gorgeous can't wait to visit :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN ASIA?! :x :x :x :x :x :x WHY?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I wish the castle was like that in the US - I wish they would focus more on Mulan in china ... I would really like that, She should be the center of attention there!

Here is some information about the park--
Including Tron Ride, Castle Ride and more :D
First off, the rumors that you've heard about a TRON attraction are true. It will take the place of Space Mountain in this sixth Magic Kingdom styled park. It is the giant white dome you see in that overview artwork piece the company released when they officially announced the resort a while back. It will be enclosed in darkness so that you won't see the exposed beams that shoot the lightcycle-type vehicles through the world of Tron (And yes, like the websites are saying, it is based on the Vekoma Motobike System designs).

As we were the first to break this, yes the water attraction that we mentioned is called the "Lost World River Rapids" and it is the mountain that you see in that artwork that was released (you did click on the link to "The Lost World" novel right?). I was able to tease what it was, but I wasn't able to reveal the name. Now that it's out, I can say that the stories are correct and there is more. Remember when Bob Iger mentioned that this park will be uniquely Chinese? Well, that's one of the reasons this attraction was approved. China is home to the largest collection of dinosaur finds in the world and the Mouse wants to play this up. The ride itself will be influenced by the GRR attraction that we have here in California, but it will be different. First off, it will have dinosaur audio-animatronics on it. Unless they make budget cuts, like happened on GRR, which have twice ended the inclusion of AA's, then you can expect a prehistoric experience. Also, the rockwork is very beautiful and extravagant. It is also expensive and over budget in design. Let's hope that the project isn't downscaled because the design is quite lovely and will become an instant classic. Please don't cut the beauty simply because of the cost overruns, Mr. Staggs.

Some people have noticed that Mayan temple over in the Adventureland area and have supposed that it is a Indiana Jones attraction. I can confirm that it is not. As of now, there are no plans to include the Man in the Hat on opening day. Things could change, but the designs of this attraction are not based on the Lucasfilm property. What it is, I can't say at this time, but wanted to tell you what it's not.

I know that sites are starting to report that the area will include a new "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction with elements based on the designs of the attraction that was proposed for Hong Kong Disneyland. I can't confirm this, but there was/will be a POTC stunt show similar to the Indiana Jones one at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Whether this to be done in conjunction with or in place of the attraction, I'm not sure. As always, time will tell, and maybe we'll find out in not too much time.

There will be no Frontierland as of my last talks with the Bothans. Not that it hasn't been mentioned, but the plans for anything related to something that would go in such an area, would be placed in another land. While Japanese don't have any conception of what a "frontier" is, the Chinese experience with that term is known and considered far more negative. Hence the decision to not have a land named for it. In truth, Shanghai itself is the true Frontierland; wild, untamed and full of energy.

Just like HKDL has a variation of the Haunted Mansion, the Shanghai park will have variations on classic Disney attractions. In this case, the "Jungle Cruise" will be part of the park when it opens up in 2015/16, albeit with the same kind of variations that you see between the original Haunted Mansion and Mystic Manor. But it will be classic WDI from the designs I know of.

Over in Fantasyland, the "Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster" is a go. This appears to be a clone of the one being built in the Extreme Expansion of WDW's Fantasyland. Another attraction that will be found in this land that is not in China's other Disney park is "Peter Pan" and a variation of the classic "Winnie the Pooh" ride. Plans are evolving and discussions are ongoing as to which other attractions are to be included. Expect at least one, possibly two more to join these on opening day.

That slow flume ride beneath the castle is also true as well. But, while some sites have reported that it will go throughout the entire park, it will actually only travel around Fantasyland. But it will be a beautiful ride through that popular land. The experience you get will be one of an enveloping fairytale, but done with the Imagineer's golden touch.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

The concept art WonderlandFever displayed is quite simply gorgeous, and the idea of their castle combining all the Disney castles seen is simply inspired. :D I also love the apparent extensiveness of the castle as shown in the video and the different floors, proving it will be a lot more spacious than previous castles.

This is shaping up to be a fantastic Disney theme park.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

US$2b loan sealed for Disneyland
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Busine ... isneyland/
(via laughingplace.com)
blackcauldron85

Re: SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND INFORMATION!

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh ! That all looks amazing ! Such an inspired idea to make more of an actual feature of the inside of the castle; and combing all the Princes castles ?! Amazing !

This looks like it will be absolutely glorious …..
blackcauldron85

Look How Huge Shanghaî Disneyland Enchanted Story Book Castle Will Be
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/ ... d.html?m=1
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

That Castle - WOW.
Hopefully the real thing is as amazing as the concept artwork.

UK next please!
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
blackcauldron85

The people forced from their homes to make room for the park were moved to a falling-apart apartment building:
http://www.disneybymark.com/2014/11/25/ ... -shanghai/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I do wonder why Mulan isn't given more prevalence over there, considering its a Chinese legend etc … is she not very popular ?
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

blackcauldron85 wrote:The people forced from their homes to make room for the park were moved to a falling-apart apartment building:
http://www.disneybymark.com/2014/11/25/ ... -shanghai/
That's terrible. They lean into each other!
Not the happiest place on earth.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.