Happy 10th Anniversary, Ultimate Disney!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I cannot believe that this site has been around for 10 years (I thought it started in 2003).

Anyways, Happy Belated Birthday, UD! (I will have been a member for 5 years come June).
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:herc: :herc: :party:

(That's supposed to mean Happy Happy birthday, but, um, there's no Happy icon, so I used Hercules. :p)

Here's to another 10 years of my favorite site and yours! Great job, Luke!!! And everyone else, of course! :)

:pink: :pink: :pink:
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UD!!

I can't believe this site has been around for an entire decade! I've only been around for half of that, but it totally feels like more. UD/DVDizzy is wonderful, and let's hope there will be another wonderful 10 (+) years in store for us!

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Awesome AiW card, Kelvin!
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Wow, 10 years already?! I've been here since late 2008, and it already feels much longer (I'm sure that feeling goes for some others, too.) I hope UD will continue to exist for a long time and that it won't someday just 'go away', like some on the forums I've been to before.

"Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast
Oh, but what a shame if all we’ve shared can’t last"

- Bob Dylan, You're a Big Girl Now
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Happy Birthday, UD! I remember way back when it was just Luke, Jake, Gus, Netty, Loomis and me on a plain message board with a flickering condom ad.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Happy 10 years UltimateDisney Forum!

It's still one of the greatest places to go ever for anything Disney...or just for fun times!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

How did I miss this! Happy birthday UD!

I started reading the site in 2002 and joined the forum in 2004. What a ride. I'm glad to have had such a wonderful stable online space for such a long time. Thank you, Luke and all who have helped along the way!

-Skyler
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, UD!!!
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Deeply sorry for not posting sooner, but Happy Birthday, Ultimate Disney! You don't look a day over 9 ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Escapay

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary, Ultimate Disney!

Post by Escapay »

Though it's been going solely by DVDizzy for the past few years, in my heart of hearts, this place will always be Ultimate Disney to me. Honestly, I can't believe it's seventeen years old now. UD is a bona fide post-Millennial teenager. Try to wrap that around your head.

But seriously, I'm forever grateful for what this site and forum has provided over these past seventeen years. I've had my gap years and occasional hiatuses from here, but I still genuinely love that such a community of supremely passionate, outspoken, wildly-enthusiastic Disney fans exists in this particular corner of the interwebs. It's helped form lifelong friendships and memories I'll cherish forever. I've lost count on how many UD members I've hung out with, and even these encounters aren't limited to the Disney parks. I've hung out with members in other cities, gone shopping with them outside the Disney bubble, even hosted a few in my home for their vacation. Whether it be having brunch with pinkrenata at Market Street Cafe, geeking out about laserdiscs with Disneykid at Rock n Roll Heaven, browsing the Criterion section at Barnes and Noble with pap64 & zackisthewalrus, playing in Disneyland with Sunny Wing (er, Elladorine - old habits die hard) and her son, or seeing Amy Grant in concert with AwallaceUNC, I honestly would never have had these experiences were it not for this site and forum. If in the far future, the world were to know only one thing about Ultimate Disney, it would be that it created such a close-knit, trusting community of friends who you eagerly look forward to seeing in that magical, mythical, fantastical House The Mouse Built.

Happy 17th Anniversary, UD!!!!! Dance, my elephants, dance!

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DVDizzy or Ultimate Disney will always be the place for Disney entertainment discussion. I shall always love this place. It is the top in Disney entertainment news and opinions. Happy 17th Anniversary to the happiest entertainment forum on the internet.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

17 years, holy cow. Although I've only been part of it for 11 years, this site will always hold a special place in my heart. Despite being more of a lurker for these past few years, I'll always have fond memories of this site in its prime and during my peak activity periods on here.

I'm forever grateful for the great friends I made on here back in the day. Even though I've lost touch with a lot of them, I think of them often and fondly and I look back on the countless hours I've spent talking to them, on and off this site with a smile. I miss those days!
UDer #3495 :D
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

This place will ALWAYS be UD! :pink:
Escapay wrote:playing in Disneyland with Sunny Wing (er, Elladorine - old habits die hard)
IMG_9166.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG (172.59 KiB) Viewed 10236 times
You can't tell how extremely nervous I was here
! :lol: But we had a fun time. :)

[quote="Escapay"]and her son[/quote]
[attachment=0]IMG_9148.JPG[/attachment]
He was a suspicious little dude, who became quite upset when he finally realized that wasn't his mommy's hand ... :D
Attachments
IMG_9148.JPG
IMG_9148.JPG (256.08 KiB) Viewed 10236 times
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Elladorine wrote:You can't tell how extremely nervous I was here
! :lol: But we had a fun time. :)
It never showed! We were having a blast just chatting and walking with the little guy.
Elladorine wrote:
Escapay wrote:and her son
IMG_9148.JPG
He was a suspicious little dude, who became quite upset when he finally realized that wasn't his mommy's hand ... :D
This is forever one of my favorite pictures taken inside Disney California Adventure now haha. The realization and the pulling away and the look of betrayal when he looked up, I love it.

Albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Elladorine wrote:
IMG_9166.JPG
This is a lovely photo you guys. :) Wish I could join!

So, from left to right it's TheSequelofDisney, Escapay, Elladorine, Escapay's brother (so sorry I can't remember your UD username :smack: but I can still picture your Lewis Robinson avatar from 12 years back :D ) and Escapay's sister (never talked to you mademoiselle but would be more than pleased to make your acquaintance. :goofy: )

EDIT: Apparently the photograph does not like being quoted. :lol:
DisneyFreak wrote:I'm forever grateful for the great friends I made on here back in the day. Even though I've lost touch with a lot of them, I think of them often and fondly and I look back on the countless hours I've spent talking to them, on and off this site with a smile. I miss those days!
I very much identify with this.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Jules wrote:So, from left to right it's TheSequelofDisney, Escapay, Elladorine, Escapay's brother (so sorry I can't remember your UD username :smack: but I can still picture your Lewis Robinson avatar from 12 years back :D ) and Escapay's sister (never talked to you mademoiselle but would be more than pleased to make your acquaintance. :goofy: )
That's not David, that's Aaron. rotfl And my siblings' UD aliases were Kram Nebuer and Jane Mccoy.

I've yet to meet David, but I'm sure one day he'll end up on my list.

Albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

OMG I deserve to be shot, drawn and quartered, dipped in batter, fried in oil and fed to the sharks! :lol:

Now I can see it's obviously Aaron, and that I recall David being potentially a little thinner and with a somewhat more tangled hairdo. The sunglasses confused me. :oops: It's been so long since I've seen an AWallaceUNC post here. It's kind of nostalgic thinking about it!

David please don't blast me with the Wondrously Evil UD-Approved Lollipop! 8)

Thanks for reminding me of your siblings' usernames, Scaps! Kram, Kram, Kram, Kram, Kram .... however could I forget that name?
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Thanks to wayback machine, there are still some copies of the old board:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020102173 ... om/a/52995
https://web.archive.org/web/20020225192 ... om/a/52995

Are Nicole C, Bethany or Terry still around? By clicking on their names, you get their email address. Those were the times when you would often leave your email behind so others could contact you. Guess spam wasn't that much of a problem then. On the other hand, there were also boards where you could post comments without being registered at all, a possibilities which came to an end thanks to trolling.

(And no Dinosaur on this list: https://web.archive.org/web/20020214023 ... assics.htm)
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Are Nicole C, Bethany or Terry still around?
Terry's UD handle is Maerj. Like a lot of us old-timers, he doesn't post as frequently as he used to, but yes, he occasionally shows up.

Albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61: