Happy 10th Anniversary, Ultimate Disney!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Happy 10th Anniversary, Ultimate Disney!

Post by Escapay »

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of Ultimate Disney!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Borrowing some links from a post I made here...

It was first hosted on Angelfire in 2001: (the earliest archived page from Wayback is late 2002)

http://web.archive.org/web/200212022303 ... eintro.htm

And the angelfire URL still works!

http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/HomeImprov ... eintro.htm

But we all knew it as this:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com

Which has since merged with DVDizzy:

http://www.dvdizzy.com

And the forum has evolved a bit as well! From the "condom boards", archived on Wayback:

UltimateDisney's Discussion Board (no condoms were archived)

To condom free in 2003:

UltimateDisney.com/forum

Here's to 10 more years, and many more after that!

Share your UD memories here!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Happy birthday UD!!! :party: A lot of sites I've loved haven't lasted . . . I'm glad this one is still around. ;) It's still fun to check out the really old pages too. I'll have to come back to share some memories, it's late and my brain isn't functioning. :lol:

Sigh . . . seems like only yesterday the internet was an amazing luxury for looking up the latest Disney info, and these days I can literally carry it in my pocket. :D
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Wow...10 years! I can't say that I've been on here that long (I first stumbled across UD in late 2003/early 2004), but this site and forum no doubt has been a regular part of my Internet existence over the past seven years. :) Thanks and congratulations to Luke and all the other people who have made this site what it is over the past decade.

<center>:pink: :party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY UltimateDisney.com! :party: :pink:

Image :eye: :herc: :stitch: :tink: :goofy: :nemo: :donald: :pan: Image :minnie: :mickey: :pooh: :tlm: Image Image</center>
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

You beat me to it, Albert! I've been a part of this site for slightly over 7 years. It's crazy, crazy, crazy how fast that time has gone. Congratulations are in store for Luke, as well as anyone who has been involved over the years. (Yes, even Lee!) UD -- I mean DVDizzy.com -- wouldn't be the same without you!

:tink: :pink: :thumb: :clap: :edna: :tink: :wave: :excellent: :up: :party: :buzz: :minnie:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Cheshire_Cat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cheshire_Cat »

Wow, this website is that old? I wouldn't know, because I've only been a member for about two months. :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

:) Great little history lesson, Escapay!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Yikes I've been a member of this site for 7 years doesn't feel that long.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

So, UD, do yall want Milky Duds on yall cake?
Happy Birthday to one crazy friend!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Wow! Happy Birthday! I'm a little late in the game, just signing up in 2010, but I'm glad to be here and hope to stick around for a long time! :)
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Happy birthday UD! I got here late as well, sometime in fall 2009.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Congratulations UD! Happy Anniversary & Great job Luke. :D
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

10 years! That's quite an accomplishment, thanks to Luke and everybody else who helps to keep this website and forum running smoothly.

I myself first discovered the front page sometime in the middle of 2004, but I didn't discover the forums until 2006, and then I joined on January 28th, 2007!
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Happy Birthday UD!!

:party: :party: :party:
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Wow, I feel old. I can't believe I was only 14 when the site started. Where has the time gone? :shock:

Anyway, happy birthday, UltimateDisney/DVDizzy! It's amazing to see how much this site's developed in a decade. To mark this occasion, here's a 1970s Alice in Wonderland birthday card just for you!

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

pinkrenata wrote:You beat me to it, Albert!
:P

I still remember when I first heard about UD. My brother (Kram Nebuer on the forums, when he's actually around) asked me for help with an online contest. I can't remember what exactly the contest was for, what the prize was, or why he was doing it, but I remember how one of the answers we had to figure out was Sanka Koffie (from Cool Runnings). This was circa December 2003. He gradually kept visiting UD and joined in early January, and when I returned to the dorms later that month, I decided to join too, hoping I could bother him online since I couldn't at home (except for the weekends). My very first post was a question about Fantasia, as at the time, I had no idea that Sunflower ever existed:
That thread ended up getting closed as it devolved into an Ernest Rister vs. Loomis & Chernabog argument.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Wow! Happy Birthday UD! I've only been here for a year, so I had no idea it was this old! :party:
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Wow! Happy Birthday UD! I've been looking at this website for 6 years and found the forums 2 years ago! Very informative and helpful over the years! Thanks you! :D :party:
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

lets start the parade :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :ears: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :frog: :tlm: :kermit: :edna: :pooh: :excellent: :eye: :donald: :pan: :herc: :stitch: :tink: lgm :goofy: :minnie: :mickeyface:
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Happy belated anniversary, UlitmateDisney! :)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Happy belated birthday!!