Thumbelina

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I only listen to this soundtrack, sometimes.... for JODI BENSON! :D
xx.Abi.xx

Post by xx.Abi.xx »

Could someone be so kind and email me any Thumbelina songs they have ?

My email is : [email protected]

I watched it yesterday and really like the songs from it, especially 'Let Me Be Your Wings' and 'Yer Beautiful Baby'

Great site, by the way :D
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Can someone send me the "Thumbelina" soundtrack, please? The address is [email protected]. Thanks in advance!
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

may sum one send it 2 me [email protected]
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

I love this movie its my 2nd fave movie ever!!! Im upset that vant find the soundtrack... Or anything else toys figures plushies nothing! i watched till it broke.... when i was young. While every one was in to the lion king i was in thumbelina..
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Mooks, email it to me if/when you get it, please!

[email protected] :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I love the THUMBELINA music and was soooo disappointed to discover that the soundtrack album is long-deleted. I created my own CD by using the raw soundtrack from the movie itself. Does the trick until someone reissues the proper album. I love the reprise of "Soon" and of course "Let Me Be Your Wings".
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

I need to reupload this anyway, so anyone interested should e-mail me.

[email protected]

Naturally you'll remove the "NOSPAM" portions. And please have a subject like "Thumbelina soundtrack." And as soon as I upload it, I'll send links. :D
-Joey
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Chris and amazon980, you've been e-mailed.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

THANX MOOKY EVER SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

eh, I never really like it all that much.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Thumbellina, Ferngully, Anastasia, the Prince of Egypt. Only a few of the animated DVDs that have yet to make my collection. I don't remember much(if at all) of most of them, either.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I love this movie its my 2nd fave movie ever!!! Im upset that vant find the soundtrack... Or anything else toys figures plushies nothing! i watched till it broke.... when i was young. While every one was in to the lion king i was in thumbelina..
In 1994 (the year the film was released) there was a short-lived series of dolls available. I remember having both Thumbelina and Cornelius.

My DVD Collection :
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It's really been so long since I've seen this film. I remember loving it, but after reading many reviews, I'm wondering if it's as good as I remember it. I purchased "Quest for Camelot" because I used to love it, but was disappointed with the film, so I hope it's not the case with Thumbelina if I ever pick it up.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

I used to sing Thumbelina's song about losing the sun whenever I was depressed as a young child. :P Most likely drove people crazy in doing so. I never cared much for the sun itself, but I realized that the point of the song was loss amidst continual torment.

Thumbelina is, at least in the eyes of many, myself included, better than Quest For Camelot. I feel like I should mention that Thumbelina was the only movie that depressed the hell out of me in childhood.
That's hot.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Lol...

Well, to be fair, by that point in the story Thumbelina had lost her mother and would-be boyfriend; and had basically been used and abused by every creature she'd met up until being rescued by Mrs Field Mouse. Topping off Thumbelina's banner year is a miserable marriage to Mr Mole, so if I were Thumbelina I'd be incredibly depressed too! :roll:

My DVD Collection :
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Lol...

Well, to be fair, by that point in the story Thumbelina had lost her mother and would-be boyfriend; and had basically been used and abused by every creature she'd met up until being rescued by Mrs Field Mouse. Topping off Thumbelina's banner year is a miserable marriage to Mr Mole, so if I were Thumbelina I'd be incredibly depressed too! :roll:
Of course, and Mrs. Field Mouse is about to keep up the cycle of use-and-abuse. I also felt incredibly bad for Thumbelina's friends and mother. I don't remember crying during the film, but I do remember always feeling horribly depressed when watching it. I've always considered this a good thing. The movie was able to bring about a powerful emotional reaction. It has been over a decade since I last saw this movie. Now would be a nice time to revisit it.
That's hot.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Shouldn't this be in the movie discussion board?

Anyways, I know a lot of people like this film (and to a certain extend I like it as well), but in my honest opinion this is a very shameless attempt at copying Disney (and from Warner Bros. of all people, who constantly mocked Disney through their TV series Tiny Toons and Animaniacs).

Now I love Don Bluth and believe he can make truly original and even outstanding work, so I am willing to believe that Warner Bros. to make a Disney like film to compete with Disney's own efforts at the time.

Think about it...

- Its a fairy tale musical
- The lead is voiced by Jodi Benson, an actress that had voiced a DISNEY PRINCESS before this gig
- Has many colorful and wacky sidekicks
- The main plot deals with the romance of a prince and would be princess
- A very magical feeling
- The story is set up like a Broadway musical

It was a very common problem back when Disney ruled the screens, just like now the problem is that everyone is making wacky CG films with fart jokes and pop culture references.

Again, not saying the movie is bad. Its pretty solid. But I think its own reliance on the Disney formula hurt it, especially when Don Bluth has proved he can make truly unique films.
ImageImageImageImage

Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

A lot of people unfavourably compared "Thumbelina" to Bluth's earlier "Secret of NIMH", especially the woodland scenes and cutesy bug characters.

My DVD Collection :
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:A lot of people unfavourably compared "Thumbelina" to Bluth's earlier "Secret of NIMH", especially the woodland scenes and cutesy bug characters.
That IS unfavorable! Even if Secret of NIHM had cute character the story was anything BUT cute. Its a story of a single mother trying to raise her children, save the life of her youngest child and uncover a big conspiracy.

I am sure its the same people that say Anastasia is Disney :roll: .
ImageImageImageImage