Post by Sotiris »

Steven Spielberg Starts Filming Indiana Jones 5 In 2019
https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones-fi ... date-2019/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Indiana Jones 5 on the way!

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm probably one of the few people on here excited for this film.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I'm probably one of the few people on here excited for this film.
I'm excited for it too. And I'm glad Steven Spielberg is directing it and that it will star Harrison Ford and not a new actor. Also, the fourth movie was a bit disappointing, so hopefully this will be a better ending to the film series (with Harrison Ford, at least. I'm sure that if the film is successful, there will be more. But probably it will be a reboot with a younger actor playing Indiana Jones).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I'm probably one of the few people on here excited for this film.
I'm excited for it too. And I'm glad Steven Spielberg is directing it and that it will star Harrison Ford and not a new actor. Also, the fourth movie was a bit disappointing, so hopefully this will be a better ending to the film series (with Harrison Ford, at least. I'm sure that if the film is successful, there will be more. But probably it will be a reboot with a younger actor playing Indiana Jones).
Yeah, I'm happy Harrison Ford is returning, especially since we don't have Star Wars to see him in now either. Apparently Spielberg and George Lucas always planned five films originally, so I'm hearing that this could be the last one, at least with Ford. I'm guessing it all depends on the box-office though. I need to re-watch the fourth film because I only saw it once in theaters so I don't remember much about it, except that everyone seems to hate it. But then again, people hate Temple of Doom too.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I need to re-watch the fourth film because I only saw it once in theaters so I don't remember much about it, except that everyone seems to hate it. But then again, people hate Temple of Doom too.
I don’t hate it, but it wasn’t as good as I expected for an Indiana Jones movie. Temple of Doom is probably the weakest of the first three, but in my opinion is still very good and full of memorable moments.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I need to re-watch the fourth film because I only saw it once in theaters so I don't remember much about it, except that everyone seems to hate it. But then again, people hate Temple of Doom too.
I don’t hate it, but it wasn’t as good as I expected for an Indiana Jones movie. Temple of Doom is probably the weakest of the first three, but in my opinion is still very good and full of memorable moments.
I know people complain all the time about Mutt's casting, the CGI gophers, and the refrigerator. I never had an issue with the refrigerator and that's actually one of the few things I remember about the film. And I've never been as affected by CGI as others. Mutt probably won't have aged well when I do watch it though. Especially since I was never a Shia LaBeouf fan.

For Temple of Doom, I'm not a fan of the dinner scene at all. I don't blame India for wanting to ban the film for that reason alone. And as someone who hates all types of insects, it's very difficult for me to watch that scene with Willie covered in them.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I know people complain all the time about Mutt's casting, the CGI gophers, and the refrigerator. I never had an issue with the refrigerator and that's actually one of the few things I remember about the film. And I've never been as affected by CGI as others. Mutt probably won't have aged well when I do watch it though. Especially since I was never a Shia LaBeouf fan.
I didn't mind all these things. The problem for me was the main plot with the aliens. It didn't seem as strong to me as the ones the other movies have. I'm not a fan of Shia LaBeouf either, but I think he was okay in this film. Anyway, I should rewatch it too, because I haven't seen it in a long time. I think I've only seen it twice; once in the theater and once at home.
JeanGreyForever wrote:For Temple of Doom, I'm not a fan of the dinner scene at all. I don't blame India for wanting to ban the film for that reason alone. And as someone who hates all types of insects, it's very difficult for me to watch that scene with Willie covered in them.
:lol: I understand you, I don't like insects much either, though I can stand them as long as they are on the screen and are not real. :lol: They probably used that kind of joke too much in the movie. And I think the tone of that film is a bit different to the tone of the first. There's more comedy and it's less serious and epic, even Indy's personality is a bit different in it. The third movie is a return to the tone and feel of the original, though not as good as it, in my opinion.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I know people complain all the time about Mutt's casting, the CGI gophers, and the refrigerator. I never had an issue with the refrigerator and that's actually one of the few things I remember about the film. And I've never been as affected by CGI as others. Mutt probably won't have aged well when I do watch it though. Especially since I was never a Shia LaBeouf fan.
I didn't mind all these things. The problem for me was the main plot with the aliens. It didn't seem as strong to me as the ones the other movies have. I'm not a fan of Shia LaBeouf either, but I think he was okay in this film. Anyway, I should rewatch it too, because I haven't seen it in a long time. I think I've only seen it twice; once in the theater and once at home.
JeanGreyForever wrote:For Temple of Doom, I'm not a fan of the dinner scene at all. I don't blame India for wanting to ban the film for that reason alone. And as someone who hates all types of insects, it's very difficult for me to watch that scene with Willie covered in them.
:lol: I understand you, I don't like insects much either, though I can stand them as long as they are on the screen and are not real. :lol: They probably used that kind of joke too much in the movie. And I think the tone of that film is a bit different to the tone of the first. There's more comedy and it's less serious and epic, even Indy's personality is a bit different in it. The third movie is a return to the tone and feel of the original, though not as good as it, in my opinion.
The aliens I remember turned off a lot of people. Many felt it didn't fit the Indiana Jones films, especially since all the previous films were based on religion. I don't remember how I felt about it now though.

I can't even stand them on the screen. The entire time they were on Willie, I felt they were on me too, and the slighest brush or touch made me want to scream and run off lol. I was watching the movie on my phone in bed recently so that wouldn't be as awkward as if I did it in a room full of people. I think the extra comedy comes from Willie and Short Round, since they are such a departure from Marion and Sallah. The third one was always my least favorite though, mainly because I mostly watched these films when I was younger, so I didn't care much for the father-son relationship. I imagine with a rewatch, I'd enjoy that aspect more.
ImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Any plans to do Indiana Jones 5?

Post by Jules »

disneyboy20022 wrote:That might work, also given Shia LaBeouf burned bridges with Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg after Shia said they dropped the ball on Indiana Jones 4. Here's the quote of an article I found
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times in 2010, the actor, who was 23 at the time, said he and director Steven Spielberg "dropped the ball" on the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise, "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." That interview did not sit well with the director or Shia's co-star Harrison Ford, who later called LaBeouf "a f--cking idiot." Ouch. Two years later, Shia revealed that he "deeply regretted" making those comments and that Spielberg gave him a talking to: "He told me there's a time to be a human being and have an opinion, and there's a time to sell cars. It brought me freedom, but it also killed my spirits because this was a dude I looked up to like a sensei."
I'm sorry for quoting something that's five years old already but I am very curious as to what Shia meant exactly when he said that he and Spielberg "dropped the ball" on the project. Does it mean he said they screwed it up? If it is that than I expect Spielberg's anger is justified. The comment must have made Shia - then just 23 - sound rather big-headed to criticise a much older film director, especially of Spielberg's calibre.

One last question, honest. :) Can someone please interpret for me the text in bold? :oops:

"He told me there's a time to be a human being and have an opinion, and there's a time to sell cars. It brought me freedom, but it also killed my spirits because this was a dude I looked up to like a sensei."

What does this mean? Sorry if I sound daft, but I find that Shia expresses himself in riddles. (As do some movie characters as well! :embarrassed: )

A tip of the hat to you, sir (or miss.)
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Any plans to do Indiana Jones 5?

Post by Escapay »

Jules wrote:One last question, honest. :) Can someone please interpret for me the text in bold? :oops:

"He told me there's a time to be a human being and have an opinion, and there's a time to sell cars. It brought me freedom, but it also killed my spirits because this was a dude I looked up to like a sensei."

What does this mean? Sorry if I sound daft, but I find that Shia expresses himself in riddles. (As do some movie characters as well! :embarrassed: )
You can choose to be honest at the risk of alienating those around you, or lie in order to make someone trust you.

Car salesmen will find ways to spin around what they want to say into something that will work out in their favor, but will have you believe you came to that decision on your own.

LaBeouf opted to tell the truth as he saw it, not realizing that by not playing by Hollywood's game (being a car salesman and basically selling whatever lemon is in your lot) meant that nobody in Hollywood could trust him anymore.

Either way, he's as far away from the franchise as possible, which ultimately is a good thing. It's been a long ten years since I last saw the fourth Indy film (basically watched it once on DVD and realized that was more than enough), so maybe I should give it a chance again. But too many sour memories of that viewing makes me wary to revisit it, though I'm sure in anticipation of the fifth film, I likely will revisit it in an Indy marathon with the original trilogy and the 22 Young Indiana Jones films.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a recast if they include Mutt in Indy 5. Anthony Ingruber, anyone?

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-epi ... mpaign=mvf
The movie's been delayed by one year to July 10, 2019.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:The movie's been delayed by one year to July 10, 2019.
That's the old date; the new release date is July 20, 2020. By the way, Spielberg announced that Indy 5 will be Ford's last but the film series will continue after that (obvi).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:The movie's been delayed by one year to July 10, 2019.
That's the old date; the new release date is July 20, 2020. By the way, Spielberg announced that Indy 5 will be Ford's last but the film series will continue after that (obvi).
Oops, I don't know how I could make that mistake when the whole point of posting was to point out the new release date.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Re: Indiana Jones 5

Post by Sotiris »

Another delay.

‘Indiana Jones 5’ Will Miss 2020 Release Date
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/indi ... 202861005/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I suspect they are delaying the film until Harrison Ford is too old to play the titular character and they can reboot the series. We'll see. I don't mind a reboot, but I would like one last film with Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
D82 wrote: I didn't mind all these things. The problem for me was the main plot with the aliens. It didn't seem as strong to me as the ones the other movies have. I'm not a fan of Shia LaBeouf either, but I think he was okay in this film. Anyway, I should rewatch it too, because I haven't seen it in a long time. I think I've only seen it twice; once in the theater and once at home.
The aliens I remember turned off a lot of people. Many felt it didn't fit the Indiana Jones films, especially since all the previous films were based on religion. I don't remember how I felt about it now though.
Sorry, I've realized now I didn't reply to your last comment. I didn't like that they were introducing aliens in the franchise at first. But after seeing the movie, I thought it actually fit the Indiana Jones films because, though it wasn't about religion, it was also a fantastical element. The problem I had with it is that I didn't find that plot too interesting. At least the resolution and why the aliens were on Earth. In general, I think the film was good, though not at the level of the first three.

Regarding the phobia of insects we were also commenting, I forgot to mention I have one too. I can't stand big underwater animals/creatures like sharks, whales and especially the Loch Ness monster. The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, the 2007 family film about a boy and the Loch Ness monster, was one of the most terrifying films for me to watch. :lol:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I suspect they are delaying the film until Harrison Ford is too old to play the titular character and they can reboot the series.
But they're going to do that anyway with the 6th one. The 5th one is supposed to lay the groundwork for that. It was confirmed this is going to be Ford's last reprisal of the character.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:But they're going to do that anyway with the 6th one. The 5th one is supposed to lay the groundwork for that. It was confirmed this is going to be Ford's last reprisal of the character.
Yes, I know, but all these delays seem a bit strange to me. Though, who knows, maybe they're just struggling with the story. After all, if I remember correctly, the 4th film was also delayed several times.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A new release date has been announced: July 9, 2021.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Exclusive: ‘Solo’ Scribe Jonathan Kasdan Writing ‘Indiana Jones 5’ for Steven Spielberg
http://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-jonathan-kasdan/

Exclusive: Indiana Jones 5 Will Return to Global Scope, Says Frank Marshall
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/9 ... -marshall/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I didn't really understand what that meant since all the films have been globally set all over the world, but apparently the 4th film was only filmed in the U.S. I've heard some people hoping that this film will be set around Atlantis. I wouldn't mind that, or even something like the Tower of Babel.
ImageImage