Indiana Jones 5

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The 5th Indiana Jones film is on the way!:

http://www.moviehole.net/201025132-indi ... a-triangle

I'm up for one more Indy movie.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

My faith in George Lucas and Steven Spielberg has been dwindling for a bit now, and this might certainly throw it in the deep end.

Is it really THAT difficult for these guys to come up with something new to milk?
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

"This will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie".
Didn't they say the same thing last time?

After Crystal Skull I have very low expectations for Indy V.
Phil Johnson

Post by Phil Johnson »

Sounds like a dangerous project. The last one was moderately enjoyable, but not up to the legacy.

They need a new adventurer bad.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

singerguy04 wrote: Is it really THAT difficult for these guys to come up with something new to milk?
I don't know about Lucas, but Spielberg is currently working on an adaptation of The Adventures of Tintin. He's also trying to get a biopic of Abraham Lincoln off the ground for a number of years now.

Personally, I greatly enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and liked it for the B-movie spectacle it was (and really, aren't all Indiana Jones adventures B-movie spectacles?). I wouldn't mind seeing Indy one last time.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I'm with estefan. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had a lot of problems, but I still very much enjoyed it. If they can fix my main problem with that installment (Indy not really saving the day but merely tagging along for the ride), then I'm sure I'll like this fifth one. After this, they should definitely stop, though.

Oh, and bring back Sallah!
Giygas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Giygas »

The rumor has been debunked by both Paramount and Frank Marshall.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

.....So there will NOT be a fifth Indiana Jones film?

I am okay with that. While I thought KOTCS was the weakest Indiana Jones film, I really did not see what was so bad about it (Sure, maybe the CGI wasn't so great and there were a few silly scenes). I think making a fifth film would be pointless.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Why? The last two sucked anyway.
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

Harrison Ford in a walker, coming to theatres near you.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

maybe that's why they're doing V in the first place: to make up for KOTCS.

either that, or to show us the aliens that made it. :P
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Indy 5 talks come up again from Harrison Ford

http://blastr.com/2010/11/harrison-ford-says-george.php
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Goliath wrote:Why? The last two sucked anyway.
WHAT?! Last TWO?! As in not just "Crystal Skull," but "Last Crusade" as well? Meaning that "Temple of Doom" was better then "Last Crusade?" Are you SERIOUS?!

The worst Indy film is "Temple of Doom." "Last Crusade" was probably his best, save for "Raiders" of course. Normally there are two kinds of Indy fans, ones that think "Raiders" was the best and ones that think "Crusade" was the best. I'm kind of part of the latter.

Even "Crystal Skull" wasn't that bad, better then "Temple of Doom," although I can see how many fan boys wouldn't of liked it to be fair.

Well, let's put it this way, I guess they are not making "Indy V" for you, so don't worry about it. Just keep watching the first two over and over again and let the rest of us enjoy new Indiana Jones Adventures!
disneyboy20022 wrote:Indy 5 talks come up again from Harrison Ford

Very cool, I'm excited! But they better start making it by next year! Harrison isn't getting any younger even if he did look good in the last one keeping his age in mind. The walker jokes may come true if they wait too long!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Indy 5 talks come up again from Harrison Ford

milojthatch wrote:
Very cool, I'm excited! But they better start making it by next year! Harrison isn't getting any younger even if he did look good in the last one keeping his age in mind. The walker jokes may come true if they wait too long!
Well...they could always give Harrison Ford the digitial face lift that they did for Jeff Bridges to play as Clu 2 in the upcoming Tron Legacy....but I'm not sure that would be the same appeal for Indiana Jones 5 at all...

Just imagine this as one of those ads you see for the Before/ After

BEFOREImage ImageAnd AFTER doesn't he look great. Now imagine this technology for Betty White to play a 30 year old spy :P

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Temple of Doom is actually my favorite of the Indy films.

While I am looking forward to the inevitable Indiana Jones and the Nurses of the Lost Retirement Home, I also wouldn't mind seeing more "Young Indiana Jones" adventures. There's a generous gap in the chronology between the last "Young Indiana Jones" movie (Hollywood Follies, set in 1920) and the Ford films (set in 1935, 1936, and 1938 ). Would be great if they told some stories from those missing years. Or, if they can pull it off, the 18-year chronology gap between events of The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:
While I am looking forward to the inevitable Indiana Jones and the Nurses of the Lost Retirement Home, I also wouldn't mind seeing more "Young Indiana Jones" adventures. There's a generous gap in the chronology between the last "Young Indiana Jones" movie (Hollywood Follies, set in 1920) and the Ford films (set in 1935, 1936, and 1938 ). Would be great if they told some stories from those missing years. Or, if they can pull it off, the 18-year chronology gap between events of The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

albert
Now that I can agree with you on! I finished watching "The Young Indiana Jones" a few months ago and would love to see the gap between "Hollywood Follies" and "Temple of Doom."

My understanding though, is actually Lucas had 70 stories that would have been told for the show. But, the series got canceled about half way through them all, hence the gap. But the episodes not made would have included Abner Ravenwood, René Belloq, and Marrion Ravenwood, as well as stories that dealt more with archeology, including one that had him and Belloq (who was his friend at the time) going after a Crystal Skull. That idea by the way is what ultimately gave birth to the last film.

I'd love to see these missing stories, but I doubt we will ever see them on screen anyway. But it would be great!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I want a sequel which explores exactly how Indy dumped Willy Scott (Kate Capshaw) after "Temple of Doom". It would be fun for both Willy AND Marion to appear in the fifth movie.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

singerguy04 wrote:My faith in George Lucas and Steven Spielberg has been dwindling for a bit now, and this might certainly throw it in the deep end.

Is it really THAT difficult for these guys to come up with something new to milk?
I could go for a Star Wars Episode 3.5.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The_Iceflash wrote:
singerguy04 wrote:My faith in George Lucas and Steven Spielberg has been dwindling for a bit now, and this might certainly throw it in the deep end.

I could go for a Star Wars Episode 3.5.
This Video game and its sequel covers it in a way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars: ... _Unleashed

Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Well, let me say this on The Last Crusade:

It was a complete rehash of the first film's plot, only weaker and dumber. Search for long lost Biblical artifact? Check. Nazi's looking for it, too? Check. Going from clue to clue to clue to find said artifact? Check. Nazi's defeated by the very same thing they wanted? Check. It's the same film all over again, only the nazi's are turned into clowns (Indy getting Hitler's autograph? Really?) and so is Indy's sidekick Marcus (who was a smart guy in the first film but is a buffoon in this one). Sean Connery as Indy's father is possibly the worst about the film. It results in corny jokes and stupid endless bickering, which effectively kills all the excitemint in every supposedly dangerous situation. And don't even get me started on that worthless beginning with the young Indy, where he picks up all his current habits and character traits in less than 10 minutes... :roll: