All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I won't buy the BluRay either. I went to Redbox and apparently, Redboxes everywhere don't have it. Damn you Cameron :P I can't afford the DVD this week, oh well, next week it is :x
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:This may be a bare bones release, but I am telling you, this is the best Blu-ray out on the market today. And $19.99 for the Combo blu-ray + DVD pack is not unreasonable at all when the MSRP is suggest to be $34.99.

Sure down the road there may be an extra-special two-or-three disc version with tons of extras, but I will weigh that decision when it comes. I for sure will not buy the 3-D version for two reasons, won't buy a television for this movie or any other 3-D films, and I get more than my share of motion sickness in the 2-D version on my 60" HDTV monitor. And with my vision problems I don't see 3-D that well anyway, and I hate those damned glasses!!!

:D

Yeah....I hate the price of the glasses.and besides my dad just got a 60 inch pioneer tv and if they say that's an antique then whoever says that is crazy.......although now they released a statement that said you should not watch it if you are pregnant or have vision issues. or drunk...but yet they promote it for watching the Superbowl...or any sporting event.... :P

Anyway I'll still wait for some sorta adapter if it ever comes like a as seen on tv product....and if it doesnt' come oh well....in the word's of Joe Biden..BFD!!! :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Siren wrote:
went to Redbox and apparently, Redboxes everywhere don't have it.
Apparently you don't watch the news on television or read other websites that have to do with new movies. It was announced by Fox and several other film companies that they will not have rental copies of new releases sent to companies like Redbox, Blockbuster, Family Video, Hollywood Video and the other bunch for four weeks after the title is released for sale.

A real movie buff wouldn't let this stop him from buying the title especially when Target has the Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack for only $19.99.

The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

dvdjunkie wrote:Siren wrote:
went to Redbox and apparently, Redboxes everywhere don't have it.
Apparently you don't watch the news on television or read other websites that have to do with new movies. It was announced by Fox and several other film companies that they will not have rental copies of new releases sent to companies like Redbox, Blockbuster, Family Video, Hollywood Video and the other bunch for four weeks after the title is released for sale.

A real movie buff wouldn't let this stop him from buying the title especially when Target has the Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack for only $19.99.

:lol:

Nope, don't watch all the entrainment news. I'm a single mom, have 15 animals, and 3 jobs. I can't watch E! all day long. Haven't the time. And "real movie buff" is a matter of opinion. Because I have a kid and 15 animals to feed, I can't just go and buy the more expensive one, especially when I am going to double dip in a few months.

However, if you think its so important for people to prove how big a movie buff they are, prove how big of a movie buff you are and buy all us poor, working slobs charity DVDs. I'll give you my PO box so you know where to send my BluRay Combo Pack that was $19.99. Thanks!

Besides, I gave the finger to Fox and got a copy from a friend. I'll buy only the Ultimate Edition come November. :D
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

dvdjunkie wrote:A real movie buff wouldn't let this stop him from buying the title especially when Target has the Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack for only $19.99.

A real movie buff buys a movie if they want it and when they want it, not because it just came out and everyone else is getting it. ;)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Escapay wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:A real movie buff wouldn't let this stop him from buying the title especially when Target has the Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack for only $19.99.

A real movie buff buys a movie if they want it and when they want it, not because it just came out and everyone else is getting it. ;)

albert
A real movie buff would be watching their movies right now. Not going on forums telling other people how to be a real movie buff. ;)
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Siren wrote:
Escapay wrote: A real movie buff buys a movie if they want it and when they want it, not because it just came out and everyone else is getting it. ;)

albert
A real movie buff would be watching their movies right now. Not going on forums telling other people how to be a real movie buff. ;)
A real movie buff can watch a movie and post on forums at the same time. :P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

A real movie buff wouldn't need to go see the movie to understand what is about.

I haven't seen Avatar, yet I KNOW it's the greatest movie EVAR! :D
ImageImageImageImage

SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

I just saw this tonight, and all I can say is: wow. This is a really great movie, despite its heavy Dances with the Wolves and Pocahontas relations. You really feel for these characters and the home they are fighting for. I think the most emotional scene for me is when Jake wakes up in the wasteland forest, covered in ashes. :( Of course, it still comes short of something like Up, but only in that its abrupt ending kind of throws me off. 9.75/10

I'll probably post more tomorrow, I'm kinda tired. :zzz: :)
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

A few movie buff can watch the movie, post on the forums, and send out my charity copy all at the same time. :lol:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I'm watching Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn in Desk Set WHILE typing on the forums.

I'm working on those charity DVDs as we speak ;)
ImageImageImageImage

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

A REAL movie buff wouldnt want to do any of that. They'd wanna devote their full attention to the movie they're watching.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

ajmrowland wrote:A REAL movie buff wouldnt want to do any of that. They'd wanna devote their full attention to the movie they're watching.
You're suggesting that Avatar needs your full attention when you're watching it? :D
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I say that any movie worth watching is good enough not to require a distraction.

Anyway, Kelvin, as usual, your review for this movie was amazing! :D

But, I have to correct you on one thing: the IMAX 3D was in 1.78:1, but the standard 3D was shown in 2.39. I saw it in that ratio.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

James Cameron Dreaming Up Technology 'Wish List' For 'Avatar' Sequels
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164634 ... tory.jhtml

:lol: "alien kink". Sounds fun. :p
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Avatar - Special Edition will be in theaters this weekend (Aug. 27). It is available in IMAX 3-D and 3-D only and will only be in theaters for a limited time. It features 12 minutes of never-before-seen footage.

I wonder if this is the version we will get on Blu-ray in November when they release the "Avatar Special Edition".

The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
blackcauldron85

'Avatar: Special Edition' Cheat Sheet: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164661 ... tory.jhtml

Yeah, I'm glad that I waited to buy the DVD...I'll buy the Special Edition. No footage was taken out, though, right?
blackcauldron85

http://tommy2.net/content/?p=18887
James Cameron’s mega hit Avatar will be re-released on November 16th as a collector’s edition containing an extended version of the film with 16 extra minutes as well as another version of the film which features 45 extra minutes, even though that will be unfinished pre-vis footage. Those who have the bare-bones version released in April will be able to print coupons for this new release if you’ve signed up with the free Avatar Program advertised in the release.
http://tommy2.net/2010/avatarcolearly.jpg

So the 16-extra minutes and the 45-extra minutes will be on the same DVD/Blu-ray, right? There aren't 2 new editions coming out, right?
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

blackcauldron85 wrote: So the 16-extra minutes and the 45-extra minutes will be on the same DVD/Blu-ray, right? There aren't 2 new editions coming out, right?
Those two versions will be on the same disc, via seamless branching. However, there will be 2 new editions, because eventually the 3D Blu-ray will be released as well. When and how is unclear, but it will be exclusive to Panasonic's new 3D television first, so it might take a while.
blackcauldron85

^ Great, thank you! :) :pink: