What's New at Walt Disney World?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: What's New at Walt Disney World?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

My ex's aunt loved the water parade, so we'd make a special trip just to see it on the beach area... I bet others do as well.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:My ex's aunt loved the water parade, so we'd make a special trip just to see it on the beach area... I bet others do as well.
Maybe it is more of a draw than I realized? I like it and I hope it stays. I love all the Little Mermaid music!

Edit:

Hahaha, so apparently Disney emailed CPs today that their programs are still planned to go on as normal. But they also gave them an option to cancel their program and refund their deposit due to Covid-19.

So maybe my friend from Mexico really will get to come this year...? He probably won’t message me until the end of the work week, so I don’t know if he’s heard anything lately or not.

Edit:

BREAKING: Disney World Testing New Contactless Security and Bag Check System Ahead of Theme Parks Reopening

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/breaking-disn ... reopening/

This actually seems like a wonderfully efficient and minimally invasive security system. I always dread going through security (especially at Epcot’s main entrance) and this seems so smooth and easy. But I wish I knew how it images your body...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Latest Look at Cinderella Castle Repainting, Including Aerial Photos

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/latest-l ... BFwKMAT0Xs

Whaddya think of the old girl? I think she looks stunning. I love all the new gold accents so much. Maybe a little pinker than I thought, but really beautiful. I’m not sure when I’ll go again— my September plans look iffier and iffier, but whenever I go, seeing the new colors for Cinderella Castle will certainly be a highlight!
blackcauldron85

She's looking insanely beautiful!!
blackcauldron85

UmbrellaFish wrote:Here you can listen to Disney using “Singin in the Rain” (and other non-Disney songs) for the Rainy Day Parade that happens when... haha, the regular parade gets rained out.

https://youtu.be/pHkgfl793kQ
So, you posted that in the Misc. Film/TV thread, and I didn't want to hijack it with my amazement at this cavalcade! I know that I've been to MK on rainy days, but I don't remember ever seeing this parade!!! Sneezy + Dopey!!! <3 <3 <3 That parade was adorable. Snow White's little rain shuffle was really cute. I wonder why Snow White was singled out as marching in the parade, and Alice/Mad Hatter/Wendy/Peter/Mr. Smee were on the trolley car, and the other princesses had a float. I like the whole soundtrack of that parade; that "rain rain splash splash" song will be in my head for a while!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I only saw a bit of it once in person. I was playing in the parks with my friends who were all full-time parade audience control CP’s and they did not care about it at all haha— they’d seen it so many times and to them it was a let down because they preferred the regular parades. So I missed most of it inside the Starbucks haha. But I definitely think it’s a very cute parade!!
blackcauldron85

Disney World Won’t Use Virtual Queues and Single Rider Lines When They Reopen
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ey-reopen/
This includes Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which previously only accepted Guests with Virtual Queue reservations.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Florida is breaking records for new COVID-19 cases every day. Do you think this will prompt Disney to delay the reopening? Do you think the state government will shut Florida down again?

EDIT: seeing lots of friends getting their “back to work” calls for WDW at the end of the month. My friend from Mexico said other CRP’s are getting calls from Disney... it sounds like they are postponing their program, not cancelling it. He hasn’t gotten his call yet— I am curious to see how far back they are pushing these programs...
blackcauldron85

All I know is that FL has had rising cases and that I don't feel too comfortable going out; I still have anxiety going to the vet or grocery store. I think if Disney Springs hasn't been mentioned as the culprit of the rising cases, then the Parks will probably be opening on target...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Walt Disney World Cast Members Blocked Out Through September 2020 for Theme Park Access

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/walt-disney-w ... rk-access/

I mean, obviously this was going to happen with the reservation system. Now that they dropped this bomb, are they going to finally cancel all those college programs??
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Fall 2020 Disney College Program Suspended at Walt Disney World Resort

https://wdwnt.com/2020/07/fall-2020-dis ... ld-resort/

I’m glad the band-aid’s off, but it’s a sad day for a lot of kids and alumni. :(
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Magic Kingdom reopened for Cast Member Previews today. I’m sure a lot more coverage is forthcoming, but we have a first look at park entry (my old home!), Main Street, and the Hub. The cranes are still in place, so it seems in fact that the castle is not finished with its repainting, but man, does it look beautiful and refreshed but still like herself, I think.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/07/photos-first- ... la-castle/

The pictures of cast members in face masks and face shields feel dystopian but obviously they are necessary. But seeing the Kingdom back up and running, I want to cry. Mix of emotions here... it’s been a hard couple months. I hope their reopening goes smoothly and successfully, and guests and cast members stay safe and healthy. <3
blackcauldron85

Walt Disney World Officially Updates Face Mask Policy to Exclude Gaiters and Bandanas
https://wdwnt.com/?p=306629

For people going there with an unapproved face covering, how will they be allowed to purchase one at the Parks?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I would guess Disney has disposable masks on hand at the TTC and park entry to give to these guests who are violating the policy.
blackcauldron85

Poor Angus. :(
PHOTOS, VIDEO: Merida’s Horse Gets Startled During “The Royal Princess Processional” at the Magic Kingdom Reopening
https://wdwnt.com/?p=308377
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh I was literally writing up this post, Amy!

Very scary situation, I hope nobody, including the horse, was hurt. I think this will put the kibosh on the characters riding horseback (Gaston is riding around the parks too) although it was an interesting idea.
blackcauldron85

The whole time I was watching, I was wondering if they couldn't have gotten the balloon off of him, but the hubs said that the people didn't want to get kicked. I wonder what happened- they just had to bring him to the stables with the balloon on his foot, or do you think they removed it on Main Street? Do you think they'll cancel the Headless Horseman's Main Street ride!?!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I wish I knew! Certainly the CM’s there seem experienced with horses— even Merida who did a good job of staying on the horse until she could get off safely— so I’m sure whatever they chose to do with the balloon, they did it as safely as they could and with the horse’s best interests in mind. Certainly the Cast Member in red had her eye on that balloon at the end of the video and it seemed like she was following the horse along the parade route so she probably knew exactly what to do next.

I don’t think they’ll cancel the Horseman’s ride (and after all we won’t have anymore Halloween parties until at least next year now). I’m not sure, but maybe this particular horse is unused to being in this kind of situation, being in a “parade,” maybe even the lack of the usual crowds could upset the horse? Idk not really a horse person haha. Maybe they’ll just let this guy stay in the stables while they continue the other ride-throughs? But honestly this video is spreading like wildfire— it’s going to be the “heels sticking in cement” story for MK’s reopening so I can see entertainment nixing this if only for the bad press its caused.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/sta ... 06720?s=20

Click the link to see the video
These streamers are at Disney World, visited first aid last night for cough, shortness of breath, and severe vomiting, and were back in Magic Kingdom today complaining of sore throats

She is attributing her symptoms to a tree nut allergic reaction but she took benadryl, saw no change after several hours, and never used her epi pen. The first aid nurses advised that she go to a hospital and she didn't. They've announced they're visiting Animal Kingdom tomorrow

I'm not saying the channel name and I'm not inviting anyone to go harass these ladies if they find it; I'm sure they're nice ladies who think they're invincible and everything's good. But this is why theme parks shouldn't be open in a pandemic
On a side note, I’m so glad I don’t work at the parks right now (for many reasons) but also because I am so anxious about any kind of confrontation, I would be very bad at ensuring guests were properly wearing masks and maintaining social distance. But the truth is, Disney attracts a lot of workers who just want to make magic so enforcing these rules might actually be harder than you think.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

OMG are they insane?!?