Aladdin Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Aladdin Discussion

Post by Farerb »

That's amazing.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Sotiris wrote:Wow, great job nomad2010! If only Disney's covers were half as good as this...
farerb wrote:That's amazing.
Thank you both so much!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ That is spectacular! And, hey, they look like themselves!! :milkbuds:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

OMG that is stunning! Truly one of the best Aladdin covers there is. I love how you kept all the principal characters on there, the purple-blue background that totally captures the tone of the film, and finally Jasmine is in light blue!

I'd love to see you do the other films you suggested plus even more because so many of Disney's films deserve better covers.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:OMG that is stunning! Truly one of the best Aladdin covers there is. I love how you kept all the principal characters on there, the purple-blue background that totally captures the tone of the film, and finally Jasmine is in light blue!

I'd love to see you do the other films you suggested plus even more because so many of Disney's films deserve better covers.
blackcauldron85 wrote:^ That is spectacular! And, hey, they look like themselves!! :milkbuds:
Thank you both!!! That was my goal. I really can’t stand off model characters and the tone and color of the film is so important. It’s my favorite Disney film, and I wanted to do it justice.

I’m considering doing Little Mermaid next for fun. Kind of wanna do the Part of Your World scene. Whether the cave or the rock. Almost considered doing the silver dress beach scene too. It’s a tough decision haha.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

nomad2010 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:OMG that is stunning! Truly one of the best Aladdin covers there is. I love how you kept all the principal characters on there, the purple-blue background that totally captures the tone of the film, and finally Jasmine is in light blue!

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ That is spectacular! And, hey, they look like themselves!! :milkbuds:
Thank you both!!! That was my goal. I really can’t stand off model characters and the tone and color of the film is so important. It’s my favorite Disney film, and I wanted to do it justice.

I’m considering doing Little Mermaid next for fun. Kind of wanna do the Part of Your World scene. Whether the cave or the rock. Almost considered doing the silver dress beach scene too. It’s a tough decision haha.
I really hope you do. The POYW scenes are two of the most iconic and the deep ocean blue of the original song would be well suited for a cover if you go that route. The final scene would be a super unique choice since I don't think we've ever had human Ariel on a film cover or poster before.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, nomad2010, that is one fantastic, perfect, wonderful cover!!! I love that it feels like the movie!

If you do The Little Mermaid, I feel like her in her grotto would not only lend itself well to the feel of the film, but the verticalness of the cover, depending on what screencaps you use.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Disney Duster wrote:Wow, nomad2010, that is one fantastic, perfect, wonderful cover!!! I love that it feels like the movie!

If you do The Little Mermaid, I feel like her in her grotto would not only lend itself well to the feel of the film, but the verticalness of the cover, depending on what screencaps you use.
Thank you! And thank you everyone! I ended up doing a Mermaid one I just posted in that thread. I looked over all the covers and noticed most were the POYW scene and felt it had been overdone, so I wanted to do something drastically different. You’ll see in the thread, but I’m pretty happy with it!

I really appreciate all the support! Again, if anyone wants any of my art without the banners I’m more than happy to send that. Just out here doing this for fun and to make people happy!
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Beautiful cover art nomad2010 Hope you don’t mind but I altered the lighting slightly so they both look more moonlit as they were a little too magenta/purple before. Aladdin’s clothing is slightly whiter and brighter, their skin tanner and the banner is more of a true red. Hope you don’t take this as any offence :oops: as your artwork is truly gorgeous. :clap:

nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

universALLove wrote:Beautiful cover art nomad2010 Hope you don’t mind but I altered the lighting slightly so they both look more moonlit as they were a little too magenta/purple before. Aladdin’s clothing is slightly whiter and brighter, their skin tanner and the banner is more of a true red. Hope you don’t take this as any offence :oops: as your artwork is truly gorgeous. :clap:
Not at all! Arts always subjective, which is what makes this type of stuff fun for me. I always loved how dark a Whole New World is so that’s why I kept it that way. But I see how lightened it gives more of a pop as well! The ideal version if it were ever printed is probably a happy medium between the two versions but it’s all a matter of preference! I’m glad you liked it though and it inspired you to play with it!
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

nomad2010 wrote:I’m considering doing Little Mermaid next for fun. Kind of wanna do the Part of Your World scene. Whether the cave or the rock. Almost considered doing the silver dress beach scene too. It’s a tough decision haha.
Do one for all three :D
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

@universALLove - wow, that's so pretty! The lighting really does make the characters pop and it seems more like what a real home video cover would look like.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

UniverseALLove, you did a good job. It looks like a great and more usual Disney official cover. However, I hope you don't take offense, but I like how the original one was exactly how the original movie looked when they were riding that carpet at night, and it captured the feel, and I just prefer that way.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Disney Duster wrote:UniverseALLove, you did a good job. It looks like a great and more usual Disney official cover. However, I hope you don't take offense, but I like how the original one was exactly how the original movie looked when they were riding that carpet at night, and it captured the feel, and I just prefer that way.
The crazy thing is, as dark as they are, they’re actually substantially lightened from the screen cap I took them from. A Whole New World is very very dark. Darker than I ever realized.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

nomad2010 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:UniverseALLove, you did a good job. It looks like a great and more usual Disney official cover. However, I hope you don't take offense, but I like how the original one was exactly how the original movie looked when they were riding that carpet at night, and it captured the feel, and I just prefer that way.
The crazy thing is, as dark as they are, they’re actually substantially lightened from the screen cap I took them from. A Whole New World is very very dark. Darker than I ever realized.
Do you have the screen cap, I’d love to see for comparison sake?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

universALLove wrote:
nomad2010 wrote: The crazy thing is, as dark as they are, they’re actually substantially lightened from the screen cap I took them from. A Whole New World is very very dark. Darker than I ever realized.
Do you have the screen cap, I’d love to see for comparison sake?
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

A Whole New World in French from a 35mm print:
https://youtu.be/UPqnU-gbrsU
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

How pretty, I like how Jasmine is very clearly in light blue throughout the scene.
ImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

The Animated Aladdin gets a 9 out of 10 raating of me !!!! I LOVE IT :D :D :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage