Your Disney Story (Introductions Thread)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

Hello I'm Animalia (which is the name of the kingdom all animals belong to). I'm a long time Disney fan, who recently decided to join this forum after lurking it for a while.

Reasons why I enjoy Disney movies so much:
1. When a character sings a song, no one stares :P
2. Animals talk
3. I love some of the outfits the characters wear
4. Characters waltz instead of breakdance
5. A Disney movie always ends with a kiss
6. Happy endings are the norm
7. The Villains always get their just desserts

And here is the list of my favorite animated movies (in no order):
- The Little Mermaid
- Aladdin
- Beauty and the Beast
- Kim Possible: So the Drama (it counts?) :roll:

I enjoy reading Georgette Heyer books, singing my favorite tunes loudly, playing with my pets, getting 12 mph on a mileage counter in flip-flops and watching my favorite movies while eating lots of sugar. :float:

I also like the color blue (sometimes to disturbing proportions), raspberries (both kinds), dancing crazy when everyone is looking and making up words or pronouncing words incorrectly. :D
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

Greetings from the Kraken Guard! First of all, i am a fan of both Disney and Non-Disney Villains alike, so expect to see alot of them from me..

My favorite Disney character, pretty much my favorite character of all time is Maleficent (Second is Davy Jones) However, my name isn't Maleficent Related! Yeah, got my name from the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies. Also kinda mixed it with this one game i have called "Drakengard"(I know it's spelled differently) And i thought it would go pretty good.

Also a player of Virtual Magic Kingdom which is an Online Disney Game which is sadly closed But i do play Pirates of the Caribbean Online!

I am currently in the mood for watching The Black Cauldron, so expect to see alot of that from me(Mostly the Horned King)

Yeah, bad introduction.. :roll:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Welcome Kraken Guard! :D I hope you enjoy yourself on UD!

BTW- you mentioned you played VMK? I did to! Were you on any VMK message boards, VMKingdom, perhaps? I was ChimneyBert! :)
King Louis 2010
Limited Issue

Post by King Louis 2010 »

Hi
I've been a lurker on this forum for five or six months now so I figured I'd better join! I am 39 years old [does this make me the oldest?] and have always 'quite liked' Disney films, I worked in a cinema for most of the 90s and saw the new releases for free! However I've never really been a 'fan' until around last Christmas when I bought Pinnochio on a whim and was then hooked. I had a bout of depression and honestly watching Disney 'animated classics' brought me out of it! Since then I've spent too much of my well earned cash on increasingly hard to find [at least at a decent price!] Disney movies. I will say I've become a fan of animation in general but of course Disney makes the best.

My top five at the moment [this does tend to change depending on what mood I'm in] are
1/Sleeping Beauty
2/Bambi
3/Pinnochio
4/The Lion King
5/The Fox And The Hound

I look forward to some cool discussion!
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

King Louis 2010 wrote:Hi
I've been a lurker on this forum for five or six months now so I figured I'd better join! I am 39 years old [does this make me the oldest?] and have always 'quite liked' Disney films, I worked in a cinema for most of the 90s and saw the new releases for free! However I've never really been a 'fan' until around last Christmas when I bought Pinnochio on a whim and was then hooked. I had a bout of depression and honestly watching Disney 'animated classics' brought me out of it! Since then I've spent too much of my well earned cash on increasingly hard to find [at least at a decent price!] Disney movies. I will say I've become a fan of animation in general but of course Disney makes the best.

My top five at the moment [this does tend to change depending on what mood I'm in] are
1/Sleeping Beauty
2/Bambi
3/Pinnochio
4/The Lion King
5/The Fox And The Hound

I look forward to some cool discussion!
Welcome King Louis. I too find this to be true. Whenever I feel down, this is when the Disney magic works best.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Welcome, King Louis! I'm sure you'll love it here! And you're lucky to have been able to see all the great 90's movies for free at the theatre you worked at!

As for your top five Disney movies, great picks! I agree, my mood changes. Actually, honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a Disney movie I didn't like. I definitely like some better than others, but I've never hated any of them.

My favorites are The Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins (I can't pick one!). That's also where my username comes from.

And just so you know, you're not the oldest poster! UD has a great mix of different ages, sexes, and viewpoints so I'm sure you'll always have something to discuss here. :D
King Louis 2010
Limited Issue

Post by King Louis 2010 »

Thanks for your welcomes!
Philo & Gunge

Post by Philo & Gunge »

I pretty much grew up on Disney my whole life. I was in late elementary and middle school right when the Wrath of Eisner was reaching it's peak so I stayed away from Disney's releases, sans Pixar, for quite a few years. I discovered the movie version of Little Shop of Horrors during my freshman year of high school and loved it. I'm not too fond of Little Shop anymore due to a personal issue I went through in high school when my school did the actual musical, but when I eventually put together that Alan Menken did all the music for the Disney musicals I grew up with, I was curious to revisit some the Disney Renaissance films from my childhood. One morning during that very rough Little Shop era of my life, I found The Hunchback of Notre Dame on TV and watched it basically crying the whole movie :lol: . The theme about being an outcast had really struck a cord with me at that time and that was I rediscovered Disney. I always had an account here, but I registered it back when I was a Pixar guy and done with Disney aside from the classic shorts. So, now here I am the animation geek I've evolved into thanks to The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Micheal Eisner was counting his money and he got DIZZNEY!
storktimus

Post by storktimus »

Hello, my name is Storktimus and I grew up with Disney movies such as Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. It's very nice to meet everyone. :) I have been lurking on the Tangled Thread for a while now, and hope that maybe now I may contribute to the conversations taking place there; as well as on all the other wonderful threads you have here. I look forward to discussing Disney with all of you in the future! :D
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

Hi I'm SillySymphony! (I've been a member since February, but never properly introduced myself.) My member name reflects a new side of Disney fandom for me. Just this year I started getting interested in Disney history which included checking out a bunch of Walt Disney Treasures DVDs from the library. And to my surprise I discovered Fantasia's half siblings! :lol: Sure, I'd seen classics like The Three Little Pigs, The Old Mill and The Ugly Duckling, but the other 72 Silly shorts I never new existed. I just fell in love with them. Yes, most aren't star quality, but their trial-and-error character did help to bring about Snow White and the other beloved shorts that I already mentioned. (I could drag this on further, but I'll stop here.)

In short, this year has been a renewal of my Disney geekiness! I always called myself a fan, yet I never knew (or could remember) a single artists' name; I never knew Disney terms like "Nine Old Men", "Cast Member", "Imagineer", etc.; I never got close to scratching the surface on all the cool behind-the-scenes stuff; the list could go on and on. I'm happy to say that's changed! Now I'm hopelessly stuck as not just a fan, but more like a catalog of Disney facts past, present and future. :D

So, that's my intro! If you'd like to know a little about me you can visit my Flickr or YouTube profile where I'm known by my other alias RiverNaiad.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

Ok my turn to introduce myself as well....

I'm stitchje1981 and live in Belgium. My first Disney experience was when I was 6 years old and I went with my classmates to see Oliver & Co in the movies. Later on I went with my mom and dad to see The Little Mermaid and fell in love with especially Ursula, but everything else got me shocked in a good way. :shock: :)
Also that time on TV were the Wuzzles, Gummi Bears and Ducktales which I HAD TO SEE everyday and sang the songs along as loud as I could and even nagged my parents to by me stuff of mostly Gruffi Gummi and Hoppopotomus. The first video I got was The Little Mermaid and Sleeping beauty and whenever I was sick I watched Sleeping ALL day ( ' till my aunt got nuts :lol: ) and after that I even played the characters from maleficent to prince phillip!
Then I grew up, got in my adolensence and forgot about Disney untill my last 2 years of High School.... I studied and graduated as a Graphic Desinger and as soon as Animation and Disney came up in class I got bitten again and this time never lost it, it even got worse :lol: !
So there you go :)
( my Disney adventures in a nutshell 8) )
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

I'm finally introducing myself...

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

I am the somewhat already infamous Jackoleen, but I don't bite (Unless I see that hot Warewolf who lives in the woods behind my house...)...JK... :lol:; I simply have strong opinions about all things Disney.

I know that I sound as though I must be super formal; I begin, and end, my messages formally, in part, because I majored in English Literature. I am a fan of being polite, analytical, and, well, slightly seductively-minded...

I was working on an idea for a new animated Disney movie (which would be animated using traditional AND computer animation), the main character of which would be named Jackoleen (Disney's first dark-brown-eyed Caucasian princess), but I'm also working on another idea for an animated Disney movie, which would star TWO heroines (Harleigh...of the grey eyes and the pink dragon, and Mallory, whose mother squirreled her away in the forest with her grandma so that she could be used later during a hostel kingdom takeover), and which would feature a villain who may be too much like Mother Gothel. My Disney movie ideas are oftentimes slightly daring, moralistic, historically accurate, etc. I usually try to turn them into musicals, because so many of The Disney Company's great movies were musicals...I need to find all of my notes, start writing some more songs for the Jackoleen and Nik movie, etc. NOTE: ALL IDEAS ARE THE PROPERTY OF JACKOLEEN, 2010!

I'm glad that I found this message board site, because so many people on other message boards kept telling me that my extreme interest in all things Disney would be better suited to a Disney-centric board...

Thank you in advance for your replies.
8)
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Hi SillySymphony, stitchje81 and Jackoleen, welcome to our forum! I hope you'll stay here for a long time and have much fun.

- Mark
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

My name is Ryan and I too am a long time lurker who has finally registered! I have to say that I have loved this site - you guys are great and this is the best place to pick up tips about upcoming movies, etc.

I was born and raised in California and my Disney story started when I was just two weeks old (or so I've been told!) and my mother took me to Disneyland for the first time.

Growing up, my parents usually made a point of taking us to see whatever Disney movie had been re-issued to the theaters and I loved them all. I guess you could say that I've always been a big Disney fan.

I moved to Ohio about 12 years ago, so trips to Disneyland have been pretty few and far between but being more centrally located has provided a few more opportunities to visit Walt Disney World.

I am 36, married and the father of two small kids (aged 2.5 and 1.5). We took them to Disneyland this past July and they loved it! They're also totally addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which I know isn't the best use of the Mouse & his friends), but watching my kids dance around to the "Hot Dog Dance" and beg, "Again! Again!" makes it hard for me to totally hate the show.

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions . . .
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Yes, another Ohioan! Welcome aboard, RyGuy! I'm sure there'll be tons of stuff to discuss.

And, lucky you. I've never been to Disney Land, but I've frequented Disney World a few times in my rather short life :D
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

Goliath wrote:Hi stitchje81 welcome to our forum! I hope you'll stay here for a long time and have much fun.

- Mark
Thanks a lot Goliath aka Mark :)
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

@ SequelofDisney - Thanks!!
Uncle Raccoon

Post by Uncle Raccoon »

Hi! I've been a long-time reader of the website, and occasional lurker here on the forums. I've loved Disney since I can remember. Something about Disney animation fascinates me. I'm particularly fond of the classic Disney shorts (especially from 1928-1940). It's really cool to think that those simple 8 minute cartoons helped shape the empire the Walt Disney Company is today.

From reading a few of the posts and topics here on this forum, I think I'll be right at home here!
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Hi everyone. I'm Linden. I've been lurking on UltimateDisney (mainly the Tangled thread) for a while now. I found it because a few years ago, I decided to make a custom Disney Monopoly (because if my family INSISTS on playing, I might as well buy the Hundred Acre Wood instead of Marvin Gardens). I discovered all sorts of Disney fansites in my quest to find screencaps, but all of the people on them were apallingly enthusiastic about everything (not to mention young). UltimateDisney was the first Disney forum I found where the people are very well informed, use critical thinking, and write with good grammar. Anyway, I'm a college student in Southern California who likes to write with British spellings in her free time. I'm a Disney nerd like the rest of you, only I'm not as well educated in my Disney lore. I'm hoping that will change soon. :) My Disney favourites are Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, The Fox and the Hound, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Mary Poppins. Not sure which one is my absolute favourite. It's between the first two. I also really love Pixar films (don't kill me!). Actually my all-time favourite movie is Toy Story.

My Disney story has been going on all my life, I guess, but I only became aware of it within the last five or so years. I think the first movie I ever saw in theatres was Toy Story (yeah, I'm young), and I loved animation groing up. I never grew out of it, except for non-Disney animated films. I live fairly close to Disneyland, and I went there a couple times when I was really young. When I became a teenager, I realised I was happiest at Disneyland and started thinking why that might be. So I figured out I love Disney. Now, I go to Disneyland whenever I can, which is only once a year usually. I love everything about Disney--the animation, the stories, the music, the history, the parks...the magic. :)

I probably won't have much time to post on here because of all my homework, but I'll be following your threads with interest. I'm looking forward to meet you guys. :)

-Linden
gcomstock

New member howdy!

Post by gcomstock »

Long time poster, first time visitor, lol.

Actually this is my first visit but this seems like a great spot to read and write about Disney. My Disney trivia...

1. Live close enough to Disneyland to hear the fireworks most nights around 9:30pm
2. Parents took me to the park in 1956 shortly after it opened: we all wore matching Hawaiian print attire that Mom made. Stuff was in full color even though all the photos are still...black and white.
3. I love most of the Disney canon, as do most of you. And I really admire them for expanding their reach via Pixar and sponsoring Studio Ghibli features here in the US.

Now I'm off to read through the past few years of your posts and learn what's up. Cheers!