Your Disney Story (Introductions Thread)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Re: Just Wondering? / Your Disney Story - INTRODUCTIONS Thre

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Welcome Adam. I used to be a lurker too.
adamw92
Limited Issue

Post by adamw92 »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:Welcome Adam. I used to be a lurker too.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Hello there. I was a lurker on these forums since Tangled was about to come out and everyone had different opinions on things and about three years later I decided to join. So don't worry Adam, you weren't the only one :)
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Not going to say my age because I feel old; but I´m older than 20 and not in the 40s.

My Disney story:

I´ve always liked animation and I have my mom to thank for since she likes it as well. In fact, she still watches it.

Don´t remember if my first movie as a rental was Pinocchio (that scared me a lot) or Dumbo. I never went to theaters to watch any Disney movie as a kid. I would always rent them. Which was fine by me.

I decided to start buying Disney movies (and in general) when I was in college and befriended my theater teacher shortly after graduating. It was during my first year of college that I started hanging out with her and spending time in her house. She loves movies, and since she had a son, would buy Disney movies for him (and her since she likes it too). That´s when I decided to start doing my own collection; not only do I Iove them but thought that when I have a family I could watch these movies with own children as my mom did with me. And thankfully was when DVD started.

My first Classic was Hercules. Just because it was for sale at Walmart at a reasonable price. And from then on until I made the entire collection.

Then BR came along. Wasn´t going to upgrade them but decided to since it might as well be the last time these movies are going to be sold on physical format, wanted them with the best quality possible AND because I moved from Puerto Rico to Spain. I´m bilingual but most people here aren´t. And I wanted to be able to watch them with anyone...and as said with my children. On BR my first one was Sleeping Beauty.

Other fun facts about me:

-The only Disney movies I´ve seen in theaters were: 101 Dalmatians when I was in junior high (it was showing on the theater of the military base of my father), Lilo and Stitch (twice), Atlantis and Wreck It Ralph.

-My favorite Classic is Aladdin; when it went for sale on DVD I bought 2 copies: the Collector´s Gift Edition and a regular that I could watch.

-As far as Pixar movies go the only one I´ve seen on theaters was Toy Story 2 with my friends on college.
Last edited by DC Fan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Welcome adamw92 and Musical Master to the forums.

And DC Fan, I'm sure you are younger than me. I'm 39 :o
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

And I am the "oldest kid" on the forum at age 73. Born July 1940 in El Centro, California.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
adamw92
Limited Issue

Post by adamw92 »

Thanks for the welcomes :) I'm glad to not be just a lurker anymore :lol:
pangrizabella

Post by pangrizabella »

Hello, I'm another newcomer having been a lurker for several years. :wave:

I have always loved Disney, and never went through the stage of finding animated films 'babyish' as many kids seemed to, I just got more and more into them as I grew up. I became what could probably be called a 'serious fan' when I was about 12. As for taste in Disney's animated classics, I have favourites in just about every decade, but will admit to be particularly keen musicals. My absolute favourite Disney film is Oliver & Company; I wouldn't say it was the 'best' by any stretch of the imagination, it just makes me happy in a way that no other film does.

Being in Australia at present, I've not seen much of the Disney parks, just one visit to Disneyland California so far. I'm 20, a (broke!) university student and an animal nut.

It's rather nice to be a proper member here after years of lurking! :)
scarletunicorn

Post by scarletunicorn »

Hi all :wave:

I've been a lurker for many years but I was always too shy to join. I don't feel comfortable sharing my opinions online in case they offend. When I finally decided I wanted to join, I found out I couldn't for some reason. Very pleased to be able to come now. In a weird way I almost feel like I know many people on here from reading their posts over the years the way you feel you know actors from a TV show or movie.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The user scarletunicorn is thedisneyspirit and has now been banned (again!) :glare:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope she stops doing this but finds peace whatever she does after. Was she banned before she pretended to be her own sister, for something that happened before she did that pretending?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

She was banned after she pretended she was her sister and started spamming the forum with incidiary posts.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I see. Thanks for filling me in. I heard she has mental problems she needs to take meds for. But almost everyone does these days, me included. I hope she finds peace.
Desdar300

Post by Desdar300 »

Hello all!
I'm Des (aka Desdar300) and I was basically raised on all things Disney since I was a little tyke.

My parents got me the Walt Disney collection VHS tapes which allowed me to gain an appreciation from the Golden Age and Renaissance era which made me a life-long fan.

I'm a pretty big Theatre nerd and was a performer during my teen years but now I'm just a teacher.

I hope we can all get along!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The above user is JeanGreyForever. Does no one new want to join our forum? :( Just banned members who think they can trick us? Maybe opening up registrations was not such a good idea, after all...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, JeanGreyForever...I hope you find happiness even though you sadly can't be here.

I haven't heard anything from my old friend Ben wanting to join, either.
Nandor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Nandor »

This is a disappointing start, to be sure. Still, there's comfort in knowing new people can join, so we're not just an ever-slinking group of people, destined to die out. I'm sure actual new people will join eventually, and they'll be most welcome.
Sotiris, thank you for your work in making this possible again. How long have people been unable to join?
Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi hapana.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It'll take time for new members to come by. Most people just come across the place at random times and decide to join. Perhaps the next new movies out (Lightyear or Strange World) are events that could draw more than usual eyes to Disney areas online like this one, too.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Nandor wrote:How long have people been unable to join?
It's been years. The last member who got activated before the glitch was in May 2019.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

So that's the reason why there have been no new members for some years; it was literally impossible to join. No wonder the activity have slowed down lately. Just hope everything is fixed by now. Based on the number of lurkers and visitors, there are plenty of people who still have interest in this board.
Also, had no idea that certain members had been banned.