3 more lands will be built for Hong Kong Disneyland !!!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

3 more lands will be built for Hong Kong Disneyland !!!

Post by Jack Skellington »

http://screamscape.com/html/hong_kong_disneyland.htm

Hey UD (esp. Loomis !)

Hong Kong Disneyland has finally taken us Disney Fans more seriously, they are building 3 new lands now that attendence is low.

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Since they have Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Main Street, then I think Fronteirland and Toontown are obvious choices, but what about the third one, I won't suppose that it would be New Orleans or Liberty Square, what do you think ?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

A logical guess for me would be New Orleans Square. The would fit nicely with The Princess and the Frog, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, and so on. I don't see much motivation so install a Liberty Square there.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

A New Orleans Square would be lovely.

But how about a Mermaid Lagoon, or better yet a land based on Mulan if you believe in wishful thinking.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I don't know how popular New Orleans Square would be in Hong Kong Disneyland. That's a part of US culture (yes, we have one) that might not translate so well to the people of China. Instead, I think Disney would be smart to give them something unique to China. Both US parks have lands that symbolize the history of part of our country (Liberty Square being colonial America and New Orleans Square being 19th century New Orleans) and I think it would be cool if a land was created that was symbolic of China's history, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Personally, I think the three lands will probably be Westernland, Toontown, and Critter Country.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

LOL I'm at Hong Kong as we speak, I've already been to HKDL twice, I was there in my first day and yesterday, I've noticed there's a lot of space for expansion.

They have a hill in the back of Fantasyland, I think they should make cable cars connecting Fantasyland to whatever land they build over there.

There weren't many rides unfortunatly, but Mickey's Philarmagic is my favourite handsdown.
I think they seriously need The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribbean, Peter Pan's Flight, and maybe Snow White's Scary Adventures and The Tiki room.