Julie Andrews Discussion Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

A letter received by a fan from Julie's fanmail coordinator confirms that Julie was working on Volume Two of her autobiography before Blake's passing, and continues to do so now.

Also, for those seeking autographs: A new photograph is now being sent out (unsigned) to those requesting autographs. It is a publicity picture of Julie during the shooting of The Princess Diaries.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Yay!!!!! I want to read what she thought about her divorce from Tony Walton.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Chris Colfer stills wants Julie on Glee:
Chris Colfer wants Dame Julie Andrews to have a cameo in 'Glee'.

The 21-year-old actor thinks the 75-year-old screen and stage legend - famous for her roles in musicals 'Mary Poppins' and 'The Sound of Music' - would be perfect to play his character Kurt Hummel's grandmother on the TV show.

He said: "I just want Julie Andrews in it, that's all. I just want Julie Andrews to come and play my grandmother and then I'd be happy. That's all I need."

Chris' co-star Lea Michele loves it when 'Glee' gets a guest star but prefers it when show boss Ryan Murphy keeps their appearances a secret from the regular cast.

In a joint interview with Chris for Britain's Marie Claire magazine, she said: "I like being surprised - I say this all the time. I like hearing through the grapevine that Gwyneth Paltrow's going to be in next week's episode. I think that not knowing is definitely more fun."

Previous guest stars have included Gwyneth Paltrow - who has had two separate mini-runs in the show as substitute Spanish teacher Holly Holliday - and Britney Spears who had an episode dedicated to her music.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-a ... 99218.html
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Julie recently appeared at the Lincoln Center in New York to attend a screening of her late husband Blake Edwards' Breakfast at Tiffany's. Before the screening she participated in a short question and answer segment.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kePd3hjuwv8" frameborder="0"></iframe>
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Awh! Plus, she didn't know she and Audrey would be "rivals" in 1964/1965. Funny how life works.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE ANDREWS!!!!!!! Thanks for everything! :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Today is the Dame’s 76th Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Julie!

:party: :party: :party: :party:
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Thank Heavens that Julie Andrews is still 'alive and kicking'. I shall join UmbrellaFish in partying...

:party: :party: :party: :party:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Happy Birthday! :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Julie-news:

Julie and Emma will appear on The Today Show, November 3rd.
She'll also appear at Saks 5th Avenue on November 2nd for a booksigning, 4 PM.

Next year, Julie and Emma will release the third book in "The Very Fairy Princess" series, The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl! on April 24th.

Little Bo in London and Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems and Songs to Celebrate the Seasons are also still scheduled for next year.

There hasn't been any news on Crooked House since the film's announcement earlier this year, so we'll just have to wait to learn more about the enticing film prospects.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Dame Julie was honored by royalty last night at the Princess Grace Awards Gala.

She looked stunning.

tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

She's gonna appear on the Today Show Thursday morning, which starts at 7.

I would totally watch but that's too early! Plus, I know everything about Julie already. Haha. Hopefully, it shows up online somewhere!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Great news!

After declining to return last year to spend time with her ailing husband, Dame Julie will be back hosting the New Year's Day Vienna Philharmonic Concert broadcast on PBS this year.

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-new-york/ ... rom-vienna
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

So I guess she isn't going to be a part of New Year's Eve? Bummer :(

BTW, Elosie at Christmastime came on today...twice! I wish Julie was my governess/nanny!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

tsom wrote:So I guess she isn't going to be a part of New Year's Eve? Bummer :(
It does seem that way. :( Some people still think she may have a teeny, tiny cameo, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for it.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Not directly Julie-related, but still:

http://broadwayworld.com/article/CINDER ... 3-20111208

I find it fascinating how so many of the films Julie did that weren't based on B'way musicals, are all finding their way to the stage.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Today marks one year since the passing of Julie Andrews' husband, acclaimed director of The Pink Panther, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Victor/Victoria, Blake Edwards. I'm sure it's not been an easy year for Julie and her family, but I hope they find some peace this day and this holiday season.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Today marks one year since the passing of Julie Andrews' husband, acclaimed director of The Pink Panther, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Victor/Victoria, Blake Edwards. I'm sure it's not been an easy year for Julie and her family, but I hope they find some peace this day and this holiday season.
I can't believe that it's been a year already; maybe it's because I'm in school and it's been very hectic this last semester, but it doesn't seem like a year. I hope Julie and the rest of the family are doing better and, as you said, found some peace (especially since it's so close to Christmas).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Just a reminder to tune into Great Performances: The Vienna Philharmonic New Year's Day Concert tomorrow on PBS! :D
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Julie Andrews, Zina Goldrich, and Marcy Heisler are three of my favoritest musical theater people ever! This is amazing news!

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/ ... rens-book/