Phineas and Ferb

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Well Disney people have screwed us over again!!!

They allowed 105 minutes (1 hour 45 minutes) to show "Phineas & Ferb Across the 2d Dimension" and all they did was interrupt it more often for their inane self-promotion of shows coming to DISXDHD and such. And their shows are more lame than the ones on Disney channel.

So we still have to buy the DVD, which I was going to do no matter what, on August 23rd to get the full length movie without commercial interruption.

The only bonus I got this morning during the Marathon which runs all day, was I finally got a clean version of "Rollercoaster The Musical".
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I have watched some episodes and tried to like it, but I don't see what's so good about it. Maybe it's because I grew up on excellent shows like Gummi Bears, TaleSpin, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers and Gargoyles? I'm used to good animation with the traditional Disney-feel, not the over-stylized stuff I see on tv nowadays. The design and animation of P&F make it hard for me to like the show. It wouldn't be so bad if it had decent stories, like Kim Possible, but I don't see any of that either.

To each his own I guess...
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Or, in your case, you need to check your brain at the door and quit over-thinking these shows. They are cartoons, not Oscar-worthy productions. And the animation is a thousand percent better than Gummi Bears or Kim Possible, and why you are trying to compare them to those shows, I will never know.

Just enjoy s show for what it is. The writing is above par for shows of this kind, and the jokes fly at you a mile a minute. The humor is both adult and child-like, and if you took the time to just let the show entertain you, you might be surprised how good the show really is.

If you go back to when this show first came on, I was one of the biggest naysayers and called people 'idiots' for thinking this was entertainment. But it was a six-year-old grandchild that turned me around on this.

Just let the kid in you come out and enjoy a really entertaining show. You just might enjoy it.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

dvdjunkie you're very grumpy lately.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SWillie! wrote:dvdjunkie you're very grumpy lately.
Perhaps he's turning into the two Grumpy Old Men in his Avatar :P

anyway....I haven't watched a lot of phineas and ferb... (I was one of the few who Liked Jake Long: The American Dragon )but I just got streaming netflix and I have seen a couple shows.....the animation style at first turned me off....(I thought for an embarassing moment it was a spin off of Disney's The Replacements :brick:
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

dvdjunkie wrote:Or, in your case, you need to check your brain at the door and quit over-thinking these shows.
Yeah, you're right, when you turn off your brain, *everything* looks good! Wow, how I didn't think of that myself! I could've enjoyed endless seasons of reality tv if I had just turned off my brains! Such a shame I missed all of that! :roll:
dvdjunkie wrote:They are cartoons, not Oscar-worthy productions.
What does that have to do with it? So because it's just tv, it doesn't have to have any standards anymore?!
dvdjunkie wrote:And the animation is a thousand percent better than Gummi Bears or Kim Possible,
rotfl rotfl rotfl

No.
dvdjunkie wrote:and why you are trying to compare them to those shows, I will never know.
To illustrate how low Disney has sunken. Had Disney put on P&F in a line-up with DuckTales, TaleSpin and Gargoyles, *nobody* would have said it was "the best show on Disney Channel". But because everything else is teen-girlish crap (despite Selena), it gets praised to high heavens.
dvdjunkie wrote:Just enjoy s show for what it is. The writing is above par for shows of this kind, and the jokes fly at you a mile a minute. The humor is both adult and child-like, and if you took the time to just let the show entertain you, you might be surprised how good the show really is. [...]
But why can't you just accept that I just don't like it? That I find the show childish and not funny? It's not that I don't "understand" it, I just don't think it's a good show. If you think it is, then good for you! I'm not gonna try to convince you to dislike the show.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

At least it's actually animated instead of using Flash :roll:

And you know what's great about Phineas and Ferb? Seeing the creators and writers names on episodes that you may recognize from other great shows like Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold!. :D
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Do you think there's any chance that we will get season sets of Phineas and Ferb? I'm sure they would sell well, especially if they were available on DVD AND Blu-ray...
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Are any of you watching the Little League World Series? They feature a great Phineas and Ferb opening, which is based on the opening of their show, except it is about 'getting on ESPN', and has a very wonderful baseball theme.

During the game there are little snippets of Phineas & Ferb taking about a play that happened or something that is just filler and then they return the show to the announcers.

Since Disney owns ABC and ESPN, I guess it is considered cool to have a little levity via Phineas & Ferb in these games. I really am enjoying the games, and it was a treat to see the boys honoring these young ball players from around the world.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Picked up the PS3 game of "Phineas & Ferb Across the Second Dimension" and was surprised that as a bonus feature it has Four (4) episodes of the television series in full Blu-ray Hi-Def. The game is a gift for my grandson who turned 7 Wednesday, but that was first day of school so we are holding the party tonight at Chuck E. Cheese''s. Sure that I will get to see the game and those four episodes later tonight.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

dvdjunkie wrote:Or, in your case, you need to check your brain at the door and quit over-thinking these shows. They are cartoons, not Oscar-worthy productions. And the animation is a thousand percent better than Gummi Bears or Kim Possible, and why you are trying to compare them to those shows, I will never know.

Just enjoy s show for what it is. The writing is above par for shows of this kind, and the jokes fly at you a mile a minute. The humor is both adult and child-like, and if you took the time to just let the show entertain you, you might be surprised how good the show really is.

If you go back to when this show first came on, I was one of the biggest naysayers and called people 'idiots' for thinking this was entertainment. But it was a six-year-old grandchild that turned me around on this.

Just let the kid in you come out and enjoy a really entertaining show. You just might enjoy it.
Personally, I feel "Phineas and Ferb" is on the same level as the classic Disney Afternoon shows. I've really enjoyed it them same way I did those older classics.
zackisthewalrus wrote:Do you think there's any chance that we will get season sets of Phineas and Ferb? I'm sure they would sell well, especially if they were available on DVD AND Blu-ray...
Based on how Disney has done things in the past, I doubt it. But, I really think it's foolish of them not to! I hope with enough fan support, it may yet happen anyway!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Not getting the Disney Channel my exposure to P&F is limited. I taped the movie on ABC last night & am going to watch it today. What I've seen I've liked so if it's as good a movie as I've heard I'll probably get it. Best Buy is going to have it for $16.99, Target for $14.99 but hopefully Toys R Us will have it for the same as their webiste. They've got it for $14.99 WITH the dvd + digital copy + bonus disc with an exclusive episode & other features. Best deal out there.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Goliath wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:Or, in your case, you need to check your brain at the door and quit over-thinking these shows.
Yeah, you're right, when you turn off your brain, *everything* looks good! Wow, how I didn't think of that myself! I could've enjoyed endless seasons of reality tv if I had just turned off my brains! Such a shame I missed all of that! :roll:
they're childrens shows; not "Lost".
dvdjunkie wrote:They are cartoons, not Oscar-worthy productions.
What does that have to do with it? So because it's just tv, it doesn't have to have any standards anymore?![/quote] the standards were rarely there to begin with. the only real difference is they're all comedies now. P&F is good for that standard.
dvdjunkie wrote:And the animation is a thousand percent better than Gummi Bears or Kim Possible,
rotfl rotfl rotfl

no[/quote]at least the gummi bears
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

That's the only way it comes with this release. DVD+ Digital Copy +Bonus CD with eight songs from the soundtrack of the movie. $14.99 is the best price out there from Target, and Best Buy says that you get $5 off if you also buy the DS game of P&F Across the Second Dimension on the same ticket.

And ABC did show an unedited version of the movie, as opposed to the Disney Channel and DISXDHD. The missing scenes were really nice and didn't need to be edited out for broadcast, but I guess Disney just wanted to make sure that they can't say that it wasn't available unedited.

Still going to get the DVD Tuesday, regardless.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11932048

ToysRUs.com description says bonus disc available at Toys R Us only. Other stores websites like Best Buy, Target & Wal Mart list dvd + digital copy with 8 songs. Toys R Us appears to have a 3rd EXCLUSIVE disc (unless they are flat out lying).
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

buffalobill wrote:http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11932048

ToysRUs.com description says bonus disc available at Toys R Us only. Other stores websites like Best Buy, Target & Wal Mart list dvd + digital copy with 8 songs. Toys R Us appears to have a 3rd EXCLUSIVE disc (unless they are flat out lying).
They are not lying they did the same thing with the Christmas DVD. The new bonus disc will have another bonus episode and episodes of Take Two with Phineas and Ferb where the two interview celebs in under three minutes. I may have to go without that disc though as I think it's just in US Toys R Us's and I don't have the time to get there.

-Skyler
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Looks like the digital copy disc will also have the 8 song tracks on it. That sucks because I usually ebay my digital copies as I have no use for them except when they have features that I'd lose. Could've gotten half the price of my purchase back as some people will pay a pretty penny for a digital copy that I'd just toss out.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

buffalobill wrote:Looks like the digital copy disc will also have the 8 song tracks on it. That sucks because I usually ebay my digital copies as I have no use for them except when they have features that I'd lose. Could've gotten half the price of my purchase back as some people will pay a pretty penny for a digital copy that I'd just toss out.
You could still get rid of the DC disc and just go get the real soundtrack (perhaps the US Wal-Mart version with 10 extra tracks too).

-Skyler
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

ajmrowland wrote:they're childrens shows; not "Lost".
So? Gargoyles had plots a thousand times more clever than the average live-action tv show on tv nowadays.
ajmrowland wrote:the standards were rarely there to begin with.
They were there in the Disney Afternoon days.
ajmrowland wrote:at least the gummi bears
No.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Let me just say, Phineas and Ferb and The Replacements are the best cartoons on the Disney Channel! :D
Have not seen "he replacements" yet, but I fully agree about "Phineas and Ferb!"
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney