Phineas and Ferb

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

The Replacements was canceled a couple of years ago.

I'd rather listen to Paul Westerberg's legendary alt band The Replacements than watch either that or P&F any day, myself.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6RYQ8Y-ObMw" frameborder="0"></iframe>
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

DELETED SONG/SCENE!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z8fCENk1W_o" frameborder="0"></iframe>
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Phineas and Ferb Feature Moves Forward

"Earlier this year, word broke that the popular Disney Channel animated series "Phineas and Ferb" could make the move to the big screen. Now, Deadline reports that a contract has been signed and that, in addition to continuing the series and developing the feature, series creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh will also develop a pilot for a brand new show, likely spinning off from existing "Phineas and Ferb" characters.

The show, which launched in 2007, follows the adventures of two stepbrothers, their sister, Candace and their pet platypus, Perry (who happens to also be a secret agent in an eternal conflict with the villainous mad scientist Dr. Doofenshmirtz).

Earlier reports indicated that the feature film is planned as a mix of live-action and animation."

Earlier this year, word broke that the popular Disney Channel animated series "Phineas and Ferb" could make the move to the big screen. Now, Deadline reports that a contract has been signed and that, in addition to continuing the series and developing the feature, series creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh will also develop a pilot for a brand new show, likely spinning off from existing "Phineas and Ferb" characters.

The show, which launched in 2007, follows the adventures of two stepbrothers, their sister, Candace and their pet platypus, Perry (who happens to also be a secret agent in an eternal conflict with the villainous mad scientist Dr. Doofenshmirtz).

Earlier reports indicated that the feature film is planned as a mix of live-action and animation."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81517

I'm surprised no one posted this. If it has been, I apologize.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I really can't believe Disney hasn't released season sets of this show. It's obviously very popular (and with good reason, the writing and animation is top-notch).

I hope they don't do a partially live-action movie, I can't see how that would work well.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

rexcrk wrote:I really can't believe Disney hasn't released season sets of this show. It's obviously very popular (and with good reason, the writing and animation is top-notch).

I hope they don't do a partially live-action movie, I can't see how that would work well.
The only way it could work is if they hired the original voice cast to dub over the live action actors they hire. I think that could be fun. I am in no way supportive of a live action version unless the original voice cast is involved. They make the show.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

rexcrk wrote:I really can't believe Disney hasn't released season sets of this show. It's obviously very popular (and with good reason, the writing and animation is top-notch).

Disney just doesn't get Season sets. They haven't done any for Phineas and Ferb because they don't think the adult audience that already buys a bunch of Perry the Platypus stuff won't be enough to justify making proper season sets.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FigmentJedi wrote:

Disney just doesn't get Season sets. They haven't done any for Phineas and Ferb because they don't think the adult audience that already buys a bunch of Perry the Platypus stuff won't be enough to justify making proper season sets.
Disney is missing out on tons of money by not releasing their shows old and new in season sets. It is very frustrating how every studio in Hollywood, except for the biggest one, gets releasing their full libraries on DVD and doing a good job of it.

"SpongeBob" has been a hit with adult audiences as well as children, and it has full season sets.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

those are the individual dvds repackaged
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I don't see why some of the cast can't be in a live action remake?
I would love to see Ashley Tisdale as a live action Candace that would be historical!

If the did to the movie it would be better as an enchanted type movie ... not a mixture of the two :)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

FigmentJedi wrote:

They need season sets. We need season sets. Phineas and Ferb needs season sets.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

If anyone is interested in Phineas and Ferb plush toys, there are two 14" talking plush toys as DS.com for 7.99 on clearance. If you use the promo code sale25, you'll get another 25% off! :) I'm getting one for a friend who really likes the show.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

If they can hold the same quality as they did with the TV movies, I think an animated thatrical release would be a welcome addition to the Disney canon. I don't think there are any actors out there with 'triangle heads' or long, extended head that even would look like the characters of Phineas and Ferb, and that's what makes them so loved. And Candace does not look, any way shape or form, like Ashley (Big Nose) Tisdale. "2d Dimension" was and is so much fun, and a movie of this caliber for the theater would be welcome with so many of these unloved computer-generated 'toons.

I, for one, hope that they proceed and make a theatrical movie of Phineas and Ferb. I would be first in line at the cinema for it.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

dvdjunkie wrote:like Ashley (Big Nose) Tisdale
Harsh.

-Skyler
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Have you ever seen her?

Then you would understand why I have given her the nickname!

I, personally, don't think she is very good looking, very talented, and as a voice over person, it is a great thing, we don't have to look at her.

But that is just me.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:like Ashley (Big Nose) Tisdale
Harsh.

-Skyler
Oh, is he still doing that? I thought wisdom came with the years... Apparantly not.

Come see grandpa make gross jokes about teenage girls' appeareances, kids!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You can't honestly tell me that you think she is good looking, can you?

Can you say that she is a talented singer, or entertainer?

Probably not!!!

I stated my personal feelings about this, and I am sorry if you don't agree. Ashley Tisdale is not the next Katherine Hepburn. She can't act her way out of a paper bag with a hole in it.

These are my own personal beliefs, and I will stick to them. There are just a handful of Disney-made actresses/singers that cut it in my book. Ashley Tisdale is not one of those.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Even if you don't think she's a good actress is not the point though she's still a person like any other and it's just not nice to insult people.

-Skyler
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

dvdjunkie wrote:You can't honestly tell me that you think she is good looking, can you?
I,. for one, think Miss Tisdale is fucking hot. And she's 26, so I feel no shame in saying so.

Her nose is a little odd, yes, but no one is perfect. I think she has a cute smile, nice lips, sweet eyes, and a great body. That's more than enough to qualify for a beautiful young woman in my book.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

She's cute but her singing does suck compared to others I've heard. Her acting is ok I guess.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I don't like her live-action work (though, Wizards of Waverly Place aside, it seems like Disney Channel actors are all directed to act big and over-the-top to the point of obnoxiousness), but her voice-acting on "Phineas and Ferb" is just hilarious and a large part of why Candace is one of my favourite characters on the show.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland