Phineas and Ferb

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Phineas and Ferb

Post by dvdjunkie »

Here I am, 68 years young, and I have just discovered "Phineas and Ferb" on the Disney Channel. I must have been under a rock last year when this series premiered because I just bought the DVD "The Fast and the Phineas" and am now DVR'ing each and every episode so I can get my Phineas and Ferb fix each day.

This is one of the funniest cartoons I have seen in years. I like the characters, and, of course, the sister who is always trying to get them into trouble. And their pet platypus "Agent P" leads the double life trying to save the world from the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

I really like this show, it has something for everyone.

:D
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

P&F is the best cartoon on Disney Channel these days (besides "Kim Possible" repeats). I think that it's really funny, and I can't help but like it. It's so funny when Candice tries to get them in trouble- every time, there's no proof! :lol:
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

I love the episode where the evil Dr (whose name I cannot spell) and Perry the Platypus have their moment when Peter the Panda comes in. Honestly, hearing Disney is making a new cartoon scares me a bit, because really, only P & F and Kim Possible were successful (come on, just look at Dave the Barbarian and American Dragon Jake Long). It's a really good show, and I love the whole idea behind it.
Disney on Broadway:
Beauty and the Beast - December 2, 2006
The Lion King - February 28, 2007 & February 16, 2008
The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I don't know what else to say that I haven't already said in my review:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/phineasandferb-fast.html

I honestly wasn't expecting much when I agreed to review it (I hadn't seen the show previously). I think it was Candace's main intro line, "Mom! Phineas and Ferb are creating a title sequence!" that I realized this wouldn't be the usual Disney Channel fodder. To me, this is the best Disney Channel original series (animated or otherwise) since Even Stevens (yes, I actually like this show more than Kim Possible).

I agree that the funniest scenes involve Candace and her mother. I love the scene in "One Good Scare Ought to Do It" where Candace brings her mom out to the backyard to see "the abomination" (the haunted house) only to find Baljeet standing all alone there. The mother's follow-up line, "You know, that's not very nice" is hilarious.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

To be honest, I think this is an alright show. Not the best or even a surprise hit. Just alright. Its good to watch some episodes, but I never felt compelled to watch all of them.

I will admit that its smarter than the typical cartoon fare and admire the fact that its characters are smart and enjoyable. One thing I am hating lately about cartoons is that they have to make them incredibly dumb just to deliver a laugh. As much as I enjoy Chowder and Sponge Bob delivers some good stuff I hate how the main characters are so dumb and naive to the point of annoyance.

At the very least, the characters in Phineas and Ferb are funny without their smarts being sacrificed. The ingenuity and creativity of Phineas and Ferb alone is solid enough to carry the show.
ImageImageImageImage

JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I never cared about the show until about a month ago I was in the US and was watching Wizards of Waverly Place. There was an ad that played the super-catchy song Gitchi-Gitchi-Goo (Means that I Love You) and I officially became a fan. I saw an episode the next day and loved it now I DVR every episode shown in Canada and look forward to buying the DVDs.

-Sky
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

IMO, it's the only decent show currently airing on Disney Channel. It's funny, there's no fake studio audience. It's clever, and they don't have to bring in a celebrity on every episode like on The Replacements. The voice actors are perfect, almost everything is original (which is SO much more than I can say for anything else on Disney Channel right now, aside from Raven, Phil and Kim reruns.

This is my favorite, and probably the best Disney Channel cartoon since the short-lived Buzz on Maggie.
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thomas J wrote: (come on, just look at Dave the Barbarian and American Dragon Jake Long).
I really like American Dragon: Jake Long! I wish it was still in production!
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Thomas J wrote: (come on, just look at Dave the Barbarian and American Dragon Jake Long).
I really like American Dragon: Jake Long! I wish it was still in production!
I couldn't stand that show. I mean, if you like it, you like it; I'm not here to bash the show, but I definitely did not like it. :lol:

I guess once Jake opened his mouth and started talking, it lost its appeal. That kind of applied to all of the characters for me.

Well Phineas and Ferb is definitely my second favorite Disney Channel show, with Wizards of Waverly place being first. I think that show is HYSTERICAL, and I definitely can't get enough Selena Gomez. I think she's an amazing actress and will totally push Miley out of the way (not that Miley isn't doing that on her own....).
Disney on Broadway:
Beauty and the Beast - December 2, 2006
The Lion King - February 28, 2007 & February 16, 2008
The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Phineas and Ferb is such an original show. The voices fit the characters, and the 'story-within-a-story' featuring the platypus just makes the show that much more appealing. And the shows have so much re-watchability.

Watch "The Fast and the Phineas" episode where they soup up mom's car for the race. Watch what happens to P&F hair when the cars go by really fast. I never noticed that before. And watching some of these episodes a second and even a third time are still as funny as the first.

Not much from Disney can stand the test of time and rewatchability, but I really think that those who thought up the premise for "Phineas and Ferb" should get some sort of award.

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Best show on Disney...EVER!!!!!!!!!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

A lot of people say this is one of the best Disney animated series in a while...I just don't see the appeal. :(
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

PeterPanfan wrote:A lot of people say this is one of the best Disney animated series in a while...I just don't see the appeal. :(
Its just goes to show you how far Disney has fallen into its tween appeal.

Like I already mentioned I think the show is good, and that's it. It has some clever elements and it does avoid some pitfalls, but it isn't THAT good. The stories don't stay with me after watching them. It doesn't evoke any feeling of enjoyment and fun in me. Its just there.

Again, this is just me. If everyone else enjoys it, fine.
ImageImageImageImage

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I am truly hoping that Disney will see fit to issue a complete Season One box set for "Phineas and Ferb", I would snatch it up very quickly.

I don't think age has anything to do with whether or not you like a show or dislike a show. I think it is truly in its entertainment value and for me the entertainment value is there, each and every episode.

Tonight (Sunday) a new episode of P&F, and my DVR is ready!!!

:)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I actually like it....amazing. Could do without the song per cartoon concept but the show is both watchable and good for a few yucks.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

dvdjunkie wrote:I am truly hoping that Disney will see fit to issue a complete Season One box set for "Phineas and Ferb", I would snatch it up very quickly.

I don't think age has anything to do with whether or not you like a show or dislike a show. I think it is truly in its entertainment value and for me the entertainment value is there, each and every episode.

Tonight (Sunday) a new episode of P&F, and my DVR is ready!!!

Just in case, I wasn't talking about age when I made the comment about tween appeal. What I meant was that Disney had sunk so low with its low budget tween comedies that even stuff that is just "good" is heralded as the best show ever, which I don't blame people.

Its like spending a month eating nothing but ramen noodles, then you get to eat a Big Mac; its not exactly fine cuisine, but its meat and its more filling than ramen.
ImageImageImageImage

TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

I can honestly say I love Phineas and Ferb. Not just for "being a cartoon, or 'good for little kids'" or any of that crap. But because of the comedy. XD

Dan Povenmire (Director) had done some work on Family Guy, and The Simpsons. Which makes so much sense; some of the jokes in this show are not only parts little kids won't comprehend, but they're jokes that'll have teens and adults enjoy the show more.

For example:

*Perry hits Doofenshmirtz with his ray that turns people and things ugly, but Doofenshmirtz stays the same way*

Doofenshmirtz: Oh no!!! I'm ugly! I'm... Oh, I get it. Hardy Har Har.

LOL, love that part. XD
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Phineas and Ferb's Second Season off to a slow start..................they had one new show in August, there is one new one scheduled in September, and then only two more before the end of the year.

What are they doing, saving it all up for another Phineas and Ferb-uary? They did this year when the show made its debut.

I really like this show, and never get tired of any of the episodes. They are well-written, and the one-liners are priceless!!!

Phineas and Ferb forever!!!!! They are the one thing I look forward to each day.

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Friday, October 3, 2008 - NEW "Phineas and Ferb"

Tonight on Disney Channel will be the premier of the episode that was originally released on the DVD as 'never-before-seen', on my favorite cartoon show, Phineas and Ferb.

This will be the last of the new episodes until December, and then they will probably schedule another "Phineas and Ferb-uary" in 2009.

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Let me just say, Phineas and Ferb and The Replacements are the best cartoons on the Disney Channel! :D